Hancock Fabrics Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

1.7

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring practices of Minnesota Fabrics were like night and day compared to Hancock Fabrics. Most store managers were hired from sales associates within the company and completed a 1-2 year training program at 1-2 different stores to experience a variety of management styles and merchandising situations. The key factor in your training was to provide Excellent Customer service

Other Interview Reviews for Hancock Fabrics

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

simple, very easy, basic questions about customer service, work ethic etc.all the standard questions that you have in any interview. nothing tough, no testing, no drug test nothing of that sort.just a background check basically

Interview Questions

• what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses? - pretty simply basically. the DM was really nice and great to interview with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. they made me an offer and said that was all they could do. i needed a job and liked a challenge so i took it.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

Sent in resume. Took about a month to get any kind of feedback. Got a call from the DM. Phone interview. Went well but, never got a call back for three weeks. I had to call him to follow up. Once got a face to face was hired pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of a question that was not standard. Pretty much in the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not working at the time so anything sounded good. It was low for the experience I had.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hancock Fabrics in October 2009.

Interview

Smoke and mirrors info on the company and the job. What your told could not be in todays retail where all money is tight. Ask for your needs in writing and your pay on the high side from the start, because you will earn it from this outfit.

Interview Questions

My gut says that the DM's are told to micro manage, load on the hours, and burn them and turn them; till the next candidate comes along. I'm looking for the long haul in a culture of respect.