Hancock Holding Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hancock Holding

(Operatioanl) Risk Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hancock Holding (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Phone screening by HR followed by 2 in-person interviews. Manager was long-winded and didn't ask many questions. He, instead, spent an unusual amount of time on the granular job duties/tools vs. strategic interview questions to ascertain my fit for the job. This was a sign of things to come...lack of high-level understanding/approach.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have many questions to answer. The supervisor was (is) very long-winded and granular. Lack of "big picture" perspective which was exhibited in interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR, during the phone interview, probed on current salary, vacation, benefits, etc. Once interviews were done, HR contacted me to make the offer. I didn't haggle much. But, I had other priorities for changing jobs.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hancock Holding (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2009.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to schedule an interview. During interview, they asked me to count money and to take an addition and subtraction timed math test. I was offered the teller position within 24 hours after interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase. I was just wanting to get into the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hancock Holding (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interviewing is a relatively new mode of job interviewing. Employers such as AT&T and Accenture (the former Andersen Consulting) have been using behavioral interviewing for about 15 years now, and because increasing numbers of employers are using behavior-based methods to screen job candidates, understanding how to excel in this interview environment is becoming a crucial job-hunting skill.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hancock Holding in June 2010.

Interview

was very difficult. interviewed with many different people. had to wear a suit and tie. room was very very hot and they wouldnt bring me aanything to drink. had to sit for several hours. the people asked very many diferent and difficult questions that i was not prepared to answer.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hancock Holding in September 2009.

Interview

Recieved a rejection email. Got a phone call the next day saying the email was a mistake. Completed an on-site interview with HR, followed by an on-site group interview with the Branch Manager and Branch Ops Manager. Dress professionally, and be ready to tell them about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job was entry-level and the salary was competitive.