Hand and Stone Spa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.8

Aesthetician Interview

Interview

So I currently have a lot of possible good job opportunities. I've been meeting with companies non stop for about a month and I'm.considering my options. This spa is pretty small but I thought oh well, doesn't hurt to see what their options are. So my interview was in the morning, I was 7 minutes late and she told.me she couldn't see me BC I'm late. Also, the place is totally dead in there all the time. To be honest, I wish them the best of luck but I don't want to work for a manager or owner who won't see me. I'm very professional looking, have an excellent resume and excellent credentials. This was going to be a side position anyways. I just cannot and will not work for a company with a bad work environment. I can't have my boss be rude or so uptight. Sounds t e r r I b l e. In her defense, I understand, its unprofessional to be late. But really, she just rubbed me the wrong way. Seemed really uptight. Happy I avoided a possible negative work environment. Overall, I still wish them the best :) - and maybe I'm being a little harsh, I mean I was 7 mins late. But still, someone who has no business and won't give a professional intelligent young woman a chance to show her what I've got.. Hmm. Ok lol, well, best of luck guys. Every manager is different :)

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

I received an email from the manager which she found my resume on indeed. Went for the interview and waited an hr before getting called back for my interview. While waiting the two receptionist were nice to me but was talking about how bad the company and coworkers were. Manager finally called me back and we were talking about life and our kids.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very brief and straight forward. General questions about past job experience as it applies to the position, and then you will be asked to sell something on the spot. I had to give my best pitch for an ink pen. Super friendly and welcoming staff. Very easy interview. No background check or drug screening required.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   1 Answer
    • Tell Me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • How many years of customer service experience have you had?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling memberships?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Its hourly + commission. The interview is literally about 15 minutes, everyone starts generally at the same pay. You come back the next week for training.

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa.

Interview

Found their listing online for a spa associate position and I applied with my resume. Got an e-mail a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. The first interview was with the lead spa associate and was super easy and chill. Then next two interviews I had were with the manager and owner of the spa. The interview with the owner was of course the more difficult one because it was kind of intimidating. Had to sell a couple pens to him as an exercise. Thought I failed miserably but got a call the following week with an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. This company pays very well

LMT Interview

Interview

Hand and stone recently came to a job Fair at my school. Everyone was really nice and very friendly. There was a location closer to where i live and the woman interviewing me offered to talk to that branch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Tukwila, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple, I was interviewed with basic questions and then asked to sell a pen. This sounds silly as I am writing it, but it was really fun and made me feel good after!

Interview Questions

• Difficult client/guest/person.   1 Answer

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Glassboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Hands- on with the lead therapist. If you're liked you get an interview with the manager. Could work in either order. Hand and stone generally hires everybody. The interview with the manage was brief. Hands-on was a 50m full body massage.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Woodbury, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I came in, sat down in lobby area, I was asked back shortly thereafter, shook hands, sat down. The manager knew my past experience with the other location, we talked about that, then I left.

Interview Questions

• Do you know to perform Hot Stone Massage   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

filled out paper application. went in to meet the manager, very friendly atmosphere. we went over my availability, how long I planned on working there, how the salary works and how commission works, etc.. we discussed the computer system they use (Millenium) and briefly showed me how to use it. I started a week later

Hand and Stone SPA/Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hand and Stone Spa (Annapolis, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately I received an email for an interview. The hiring manager and the other employees were very welcoming. She didn't ask a lot of questions and the interview was easy. However, after learning about the salary- just 30 something percent commission based on tiers and a small sales commission plus tips and no hourly wage, I wanted to think about it. She said that she wanted to start training early and she needed to know soon. I asked if there was a second interview and she said no. I followed up and she did offer me a second practical interview with the lead esthetician. She was very friendly and the practical went ok. I think I didn't prepare enough for the practical so it didn't go as smoothly as I would of liked. I'm an esthetician returning to the field and I was scheduled a practical with little time to prepare. I was emailed the next day and the hiring manager said that they decided to go with another candidate. Now I have an upcoming interview with another spa and after practicing on someone my skills quickly came back and I'm disappointed that the didn't get to see my talent. It just wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions like " What made you want to become an esthetician?" She mainly discussed the job responsibilities and answered my questions.   Answer Question