Hanesbrands Interview Questions

2.9

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Hanesbrands in June 2014.

I applied through the job resource center in my state and was contacted about 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed with both the manager and the assistant manager at the same time, in a casual setting, very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how I handled a difficult customer in the past, only because I had several stories but none of them related to retail since I have only worked in other customer service fields before.   Answer Question
    They contact all of your references and their background check is complete. Make sure your references know they will be contacted to avoid delay! I have been offered the job, but am still waiting for a few references to call the manager back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hanesbrands in June 2014.

Dropped off application, received phone call to set up interview time and date. Manager was very nice. Whole interview took one hour from start to finish. Was given six pages of questions to read out loud and answer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked "what's your favorite store to shop at?", "what's your least favorite store to shop at?". I was asked a few other common questions which was easy. I was then given a list of questions to read out loud and then answer. Scenario questions like "give me an example of a time when an employee did this or that and what did you do?" This went on for SIX PAGES of questions!!!!! Seriously?? SIX PAGES?? After 3 or 4 pages, I didn't even know what the heck I was saying anymore and felt like a blabbering iodiot!! No wonder I didn't get a call back!   View Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

It was a one on one, meet and greet process with more than 10 top management process. Background check, results oriented, revising strategic thought process, open, positive, uplifting. No issues with the process, very US focused, more knowledge of management of the US operation

Interview Questions
    Yes, it was within my expectations

Project Manager, Supply Chain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Quick to schedule interviews. First one was over the phone. Good, practical questions and plenty opportunity to expand... Quick feedback turnaround, schedule face to face interviews promptly. F2F very efficient. Interviewers asked great questions and probed adequately. More importantly, answered my questions in what felt to be a very honest and open way.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do this and that yourself as opposed to what it appears you've had in the past (when a team took care of details)?   View Answer
    No negotiation, Straight forward.

Material Technical Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hanesbrands in July 2010.

Two phone interviews that were fairly general before being flown in for the in person interview. Only met with 2 people for the in person and they were personable and friendly. There was no tour or broader introductions. They kept me waiting and made the day to day business seem busy and hectic. The most interesting part of the interview was when the interviewer spoke about the new CEO and made the company seem committed to advancement and change.

Interview Questions
    • The questions focused on technical textiles which was decieving because once in the position being too technical was frowned on.   Answer Question
    It was a flat offer and there was no real negotiation, it was a salary only and there was no relocation offered.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

application sumit, interview with regional manager, phone interview with director

Merchandiser Interview

Initially I found out about an open position through a friend that worked at Hanes. The interview and offer came within a two week period and was very efficient. Now all the positions are posted online so the process has changed and can take longer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a white rhino was in your living room?   View Answer

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hanesbrands in November 2009.

I walked in to the store, because I saw they only had two employees, so I figured they needed help. I filled out a paper application, and within a week I had an interview. I met right at opening time, and the interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I was hired on the spot. Getting an interview was easy, and I had a great experience with the hiring manager. She did ask the standard interview questions, but she was very personable and easy to talk to, which was important.

Interview Questions
    • There was not an interview question that I found difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate much in the pay scale. They follow a specific pay scale, and I had the max in my position. They did work well with my school schedule, however.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

In person interview with a panel, second interview with a project with a panel.

Went another route

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vicksburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

I had the job before I ever interviewed because I was highly recommended for the job by a manager of another store. I chatted for about 15 minutes with the Hanes manager in her office. She said that she was fair and if employees didn't pull their weight they were gone.

Interview Questions
    I was offered an hourly rate. There was no negotiation.

Worked for Hanesbrands? Contribute to the Community!