Hanesbrands

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Branson, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hanesbrands in June 2014.

Interview Details – Dropped off application, received phone call to set up interview time and date. Manager was very nice. Whole interview took one hour from start to finish. Was given six pages of questions to read out loud and answer.

Interview Question – Was asked "what's your favorite store to shop at?", "what's your least favorite store to shop at?". I was asked a few other common questions which was easy. I was then given a list of questions to read out loud and then answer. Scenario questions like "give me an example of a time when an employee did this or that and what did you do?" This went on for SIX PAGES of questions!!!!! Seriously?? SIX PAGES?? After 3 or 4 pages, I didn't even know what the heck I was saying anymore and felt like a blabbering iodiot!! No wonder I didn't get a call back!   View Answer

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview Details – It was a one on one, meet and greet process with more than 10 top management process. Background check, results oriented, revising strategic thought process, open, positive, uplifting. No issues with the process, very US focused, more knowledge of management of the US operation

Interview Question – None really, all withing reason   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, it was within my expectations

Project Manager, Supply Chain Interview

Project Manager, Supply Chain

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview Details – Quick to schedule interviews. First one was over the phone. Good, practical questions and plenty opportunity to expand... Quick feedback turnaround, schedule face to face interviews promptly. F2F very efficient. Interviewers asked great questions and probed adequately. More importantly, answered my questions in what felt to be a very honest and open way.

Interview Question – Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do this and that yourself as opposed to what it appears you've had in the past (when a team took care of details)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, Straight forward.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Material Technical Developer Interview

Material Technical Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hanesbrands in July 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews that were fairly general before being flown in for the in person interview. Only met with 2 people for the in person and they were personable and friendly. There was no tour or broader introductions. They kept me waiting and made the day to day business seem busy and hectic. The most interesting part of the interview was when the interviewer spoke about the new CEO and made the company seem committed to advancement and change.

Interview Question – The questions focused on technical textiles which was decieving because once in the position being too technical was frowned on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a flat offer and there was no real negotiation, it was a salary only and there was no relocation offered.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview Details – application sumit, interview with regional manager, phone interview with director

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

Interviewed at Hanesbrands

Interview Details – Initially I found out about an open position through a friend that worked at Hanes. The interview and offer came within a two week period and was very efficient. Now all the positions are posted online so the process has changed and can take longer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a white rhino was in your living room?   View Answer

Third Key Interview

Third Key
Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hanesbrands in November 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in to the store, because I saw they only had two employees, so I figured they needed help. I filled out a paper application, and within a week I had an interview. I met right at opening time, and the interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I was hired on the spot. Getting an interview was easy, and I had a great experience with the hiring manager. She did ask the standard interview questions, but she was very personable and easy to talk to, which was important.

Interview Question – There was not an interview question that I found difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate much in the pay scale. They follow a specific pay scale, and I had the max in my position. They did work well with my school schedule, however.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview Details – In person interview with a panel, second interview with a project with a panel.

Reason for Declining – Went another route

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
Vicksburg, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview Details – I had the job before I ever interviewed because I was highly recommended for the job by a manager of another store. I chatted for about 15 minutes with the Hanes manager in her office. She said that she was fair and if employees didn't pull their weight they were gone.

Interview Question – You won't be this shy if you get the job will you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered an hourly rate. There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hanesbrands in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came on campus for a networking event. I had a good connection with one of the reps so we stayed in touch. Landed the on-campus interview and had a 2-on-1 with a couple marketing managers. Neither were very friendly and they asked only behavioral questions. Went on-site for 2nd/final round. I had two 1-on-1 interviews with a general manager and a director. Both were very nice ladies. One left for around 7 minutes (in a 30 minute interview) because of a coughing fit. Best part of the final round was being shown around the office by an HR rep named Vickie. She was funny and clever and really made me want to work there.

Interview Question – None. All behavioral and pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hanesbrands

Worked for Hanesbrands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanesbrands interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hanesbrands employees and interview candidates.