Hanesbrands Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hanesbrands (Merrimack, NH).

Interview

The Store Manager interviews you, then the Regional Manager. If they like you, go have to go to a mandatory Drug Test within 24 hours. You are entered into a background check that takes weeks to complete. Mine took over a month for the results to post. What a bad experience! No one has months to wait to hear back about a job.They check references too.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straight forward, there are a few behavioral. All pretty easy to answer. This is not a good company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. They give you the offer, there is NOOOO wiggle room. They paid 15.87 an hour for my position. The pay was very bad considering the workload, sales expectations, pace and size. Hanesbrands doesn't pay well, they are not in tune with market trends.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was called within the hour by HR recruiter. Easy conversation. Passed along to in person interview with District Manager. No difficult questions, but I had done my research, too. Final interview with Regional Manager via phone, more like a check in. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. HR told me the wage rate for the position, I requested just above their initial rate, Company started me at even a slightly higher rate. Wage rate was less than wages for similar employment as a starting manager 20 years ago.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Was contacted by someone at home office, and scheduled a phone interview. After that was complete, I had a interview in the actual store with the SM and RSM. The one on one interview was the usual. It was scripted. The SM asked several questions out of a binder, and acted truly interested and took notes on my answers. That interview lasted about an hour. The one on one with the RSM was really relaxed, and short. More of a tell me your story type situation, definitely not scripted. The next step was background, credit check, and drug screen. Then I was extended an offer, and accepted it. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team members were not getting the job done in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I feel salaries are based on sales volume there is some room for negotiation but not much

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

It was a one on one, meet and greet process with more than 10 top management process. Background check, results oriented, revising strategic thought process, open, positive, uplifting. No issues with the process, very US focused, more knowledge of management of the US operation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, it was within my expectations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands (Branson, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Dropped off application, received phone call to set up interview time and date. Manager was very nice. Whole interview took one hour from start to finish. Was given six pages of questions to read out loud and answer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked "what's your favorite store to shop at?", "what's your least favorite store to shop at?". I was asked a few other common questions which was easy. I was then given a list of questions to read out loud and then answer. Scenario questions like "give me an example of a time when an employee did this or that and what did you do?" This went on for SIX PAGES of questions!!!!! Seriously?? SIX PAGES?? After 3 or 4 pages, I didn't even know what the heck I was saying anymore and felt like a blabbering iodiot!! No wonder I didn't get a call back!   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands (Bend, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the job resource center in my state and was contacted about 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed with both the manager and the assistant manager at the same time, in a casual setting, very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I handled a difficult customer in the past, only because I had several stories but none of them related to retail since I have only worked in other customer service fields before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They contact all of your references and their background check is complete. Make sure your references know they will be contacted to avoid delay! I have been offered the job, but am still waiting for a few references to call the manager back.

Project Manager, Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview

Quick to schedule interviews. First one was over the phone. Good, practical questions and plenty opportunity to expand... Quick feedback turnaround, schedule face to face interviews promptly. F2F very efficient. Interviewers asked great questions and probed adequately. More importantly, answered my questions in what felt to be a very honest and open way.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do this and that yourself as opposed to what it appears you've had in the past (when a team took care of details)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, Straight forward.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview

application sumit, interview with regional manager, phone interview with director

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Initially I found out about an open position through a friend that worked at Hanes. The interview and offer came within a two week period and was very efficient. Now all the positions are posted online so the process has changed and can take longer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a white rhino was in your living room?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands (New York, NY).

Interview

In person interview with a panel, second interview with a project with a panel.

Went another route