Hanesbrands

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Filled out an application online. Was contacted by someone at home office, and scheduled a phone interview. After that was complete, I had a interview in the actual store with the SM and RSM. The one on one interview was the usual. It was scripted. The SM asked several questions out of a binder, and acted truly interested and took notes on my answers. That interview lasted about an hour. The one on one with the RSM was really relaxed, and short. More of a tell me your story type situation, definitely not scripted. The next step was background, credit check, and drug screen. Then I was extended an offer, and accepted it. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your team members were not getting the job done in a timely manner?   Answer Question
    I feel salaries are based on sales volume there is some room for negotiation but not much

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

It was a one on one, meet and greet process with more than 10 top management process. Background check, results oriented, revising strategic thought process, open, positive, uplifting. No issues with the process, very US focused, more knowledge of management of the US operation

Interview Questions
    Yes, it was within my expectations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands in June 2014.

Dropped off application, received phone call to set up interview time and date. Manager was very nice. Whole interview took one hour from start to finish. Was given six pages of questions to read out loud and answer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked "what's your favorite store to shop at?", "what's your least favorite store to shop at?". I was asked a few other common questions which was easy. I was then given a list of questions to read out loud and then answer. Scenario questions like "give me an example of a time when an employee did this or that and what did you do?" This went on for SIX PAGES of questions!!!!! Seriously?? SIX PAGES?? After 3 or 4 pages, I didn't even know what the heck I was saying anymore and felt like a blabbering iodiot!! No wonder I didn't get a call back!   View Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands in June 2014.

I applied through the job resource center in my state and was contacted about 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed with both the manager and the assistant manager at the same time, in a casual setting, very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how I handled a difficult customer in the past, only because I had several stories but none of them related to retail since I have only worked in other customer service fields before.   Answer Question
    They contact all of your references and their background check is complete. Make sure your references know they will be contacted to avoid delay! I have been offered the job, but am still waiting for a few references to call the manager back.

Project Manager, Supply Chain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Quick to schedule interviews. First one was over the phone. Good, practical questions and plenty opportunity to expand... Quick feedback turnaround, schedule face to face interviews promptly. F2F very efficient. Interviewers asked great questions and probed adequately. More importantly, answered my questions in what felt to be a very honest and open way.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do this and that yourself as opposed to what it appears you've had in the past (when a team took care of details)?   View Answer
    No negotiation, Straight forward.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

application sumit, interview with regional manager, phone interview with director

Merchandiser Interview

Initially I found out about an open position through a friend that worked at Hanes. The interview and offer came within a two week period and was very efficient. Now all the positions are posted online so the process has changed and can take longer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a white rhino was in your living room?   View Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

In person interview with a panel, second interview with a project with a panel.

Went another route

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vicksburg, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

I had the job before I ever interviewed because I was highly recommended for the job by a manager of another store. I chatted for about 15 minutes with the Hanes manager in her office. She said that she was fair and if employees didn't pull their weight they were gone.

Interview Questions
    I was offered an hourly rate. There was no negotiation.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hanesbrands.

After applying, I was contacted by a person in HR for an initial phone screening. This was pretty brief and limited to basic questions such as why I wanted the position and resume walk through.

I was notified they would like to bring me onsite, which consisted of two in person interviews. The interviewers are given a list of behavioral questions which they read and ask questions from. One of the interviewers weaved the questions in and out of the interview, which was nice, the other person simply just read one question, I answered and they read the next one, which was quite uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • It was all behavioral questions, neither one harder or easier than the previous. Just be prepared to have lots of things to refer to in your past work experience.   Answer Question