Hanesbrands Interview Questions in Winston-Salem, NC

Updated Jun 8, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

It was a one on one, meet and greet process with more than 10 top management process. Background check, results oriented, revising strategic thought process, open, positive, uplifting. No issues with the process, very US focused, more knowledge of management of the US operation

Interview Questions
    Yes, it was within my expectations

Director, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hanesbrands.

The interview process was relatively simple as it took place on a Saturday morning. Two people met with me; the VP of operations and Director of manufacturing. The interviews were informal but thorough. A factory tour was given about midway by the director of manufacturing. Following the tour I met again with the VP who asked additional questions and ending with an offer. During the following week, after salary negotiations, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the continued success and growth of this company?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview with 5 people, different times and days, all from within the marketing management team, from one level up to 3 levels up.

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hanesbrands.

Interview process has 2 rounds, 1 telephonic and 1 face to face. 3 people grilled on face to face. benefits are OK. health insurance is high.

they didnt negotiate

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hanesbrands in March 2012.

Came on campus for a networking event. I had a good connection with one of the reps so we stayed in touch. Landed the on-campus interview and had a 2-on-1 with a couple marketing managers. Neither were very friendly and they asked only behavioral questions. Went on-site for 2nd/final round. I had two 1-on-1 interviews with a general manager and a director. Both were very nice ladies. One left for around 7 minutes (in a 30 minute interview) because of a coughing fit. Best part of the final round was being shown around the office by an HR rep named Vickie. She was funny and clever and really made me want to work there.

No negotiation.

Customer Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hanesbrands in November 2011.

Pre screening by HR department followed by series of interviews with functional business unit personnel. HR is phase 1, Functional area in Phase 2 by phone, Phase 3 is functional area personnel and immediate manger in person

Interview Questions
    • The level of difficulty will depend largely on who's doing the interviewing. The quality of questions will depend on who's asking them. They will vary by individual throughout the process. It's not a highly structured or defined Q&A session. Most will revolve around the immediate role and responsibility and your skill set to match. Job descriptions are generally accurate with regard to what is expected in the actual position   Answer Question
    There's some room to negotiate but be reasonable. Scale will be somewhat competitive with industry but not on the high end of the scale

On Site Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hanesbrands in July 2010.

pretty straight forward, first the standard phone interview, how long have you been doing this? Why did you leave your last job? Why did you move from X to here? Soon after was contacted for a in person interview. It lasted about and hour and a half. Consisted of the first half being performed by the manager of the department, the second half by the manager and a perspective co-worker.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a personal barrier you had to overcome in your life.   View Answer

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanesbrands in January 2010.

After several behavioral questions, the interviewers (there were 2 of them in the room) asked a more case-based question about how I would go about analyzing and improving a sales slump for a particular product. They were looking for knowledge of basic Marketing frameworks. After that, they completed a background check, a reference check, and I submitted to a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you received word that there was a sales slump in boys socks at Target, what would you do?   Answer Question
    The only portion of the two-month contract that was negotiable was whether or not you'd like to receive a housing allowance/signing bonus up-front. Since it was only $1,500, I elected to receive it up front and pay for my apartment for the summer (for which it didn't cover the cost - it wasn't enough).

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanesbrands in February 2008.

One interview because of my previous employment with employer. Hired on the spot

None