Hang Seng Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

app test after submitting application, HR called after 2 months for a phone interview. All interview questions are behavioral, no technical questions. In my interview, HR asked questions in three different languages(Cantonese, Mandarin and English).

I Year Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is relatively easy, conducted in Mandarian, Cantonese and English. Basic questions like self introduction and past internship experience are asked. Scenario questions like "how do you solve ..... as a team" will be asked. Most questions are about personality.

Interview Questions

• No technical question is asked   1 Answer

1 year is too long for an internship

Commercial Banking 1-Year Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very easy interview. ..was interviewed in English,Cantonese and mandarin....asked normal question regarding information on your cv e.g.about pervious work experience and why you want to join heng sang bank, just your normal interview questions nothing tricky

Commercial Banking 1-Year Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

I have submitted CV and cover letter to them. Afterwards I received a group interview, the group interview splited into 3 parts. While interview is conducted in Cantonese. They have no interest in your English proficiency. First of all, a brief introduction of yourself, just saying your name, university, reason for taking gap year and do a placement intern and anything that you think it may interest the interviewers. Then you will have a discussion concerning a current news of Hong Kong. Mine is regarding the landfill problem which is quite a hot topic at that time. No information set will be provided. Given 10 minutes of preparation, we discuss for like 15-20 minutes. We then have a short summary for each of us taking about the good and bad things that we did in the discussion, just a brief reflection. I was invited to stay behind after the discussion. The HR staff asked me whether I will be interested in back office role, I get an offer in a back office specialist department.

Interview Questions

• So tou support the current suggestion of the government regarding the landfill?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in May 2015.

Interview

1st round, Phone-in -Self-introduction with Chinese,English and Mandarin -your past job experience- English -why do you apply the job-English -what quality you have to do this job -why do you leave your current job -and causal talk with Chinese It test not only your language, but also your heart to want to do this job

I Year Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

Firstly HR contact for Group interview. The first round interview is asking resume based question one by one in a group which is nothing to do with the group. Then after 2 weeks HR will contact for the second round interview which is interviewed by senior executive.

One-year(CMB/GBS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. In less than two weeks' time, HR contacted me for a face-to-face interview lasting for 20-30 mins. After slightly more than a week, I received a verbal offer.

One-yearProgrammer (RKM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kowloon (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Kowloon (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

Received phone call regarding interview details (date, time and venue), plus a confirmation email. After arriving at the interview venue, better to call the contact person, instead of telling the receptionist at counter. Friendly HR and relaxing atmosphere. 1 HR to 4 candidates. 30 minutes group interview. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Self-introduction (English) 2. Give a daily example of risk (English). 3. Why are you willing to devote 1 year for the internship (Cantonese) ?   Answer Question

At Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took only one month. Several weeks after submitting the resume and cover letter, the HR officer called me for a face to face group interview. Group interview: 5 people from universities in a group (no case interview, no presentation, no team work is required) Results were out after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Self introduction Is there anything difficult when you worked in the student society Share a piece of financial news with other group members   Answer Question

Commercial Banking 1-Year Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

Interview

The duration of interview is one hour. The languages conducts in the interview are English, Cantonese and mandarin. This is a group interview with 4 people, but the interviewer asks questions one by one, so it just likes an individual interview. Begins with self-introduction one by one and then asks some easy questions. No need to debate on current issue.