Hang Seng Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

app test after submitting application, HR called after 2 months for a phone interview. All interview questions are behavioral, no technical questions. In my interview, HR asked questions in three different languages(Cantonese, Mandarin and English).

I Year Placement Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hang Seng Bank in October 2014.

Interview is relatively easy, conducted in Mandarian, Cantonese and English. Basic questions like self introduction and past internship experience are asked. Scenario questions like "how do you solve ..... as a team" will be asked. Most questions are about personality.

1 year is too long for an internship

Intern Interview

Applied online and HR contacted me through email to schedule a phone interview. HR was friendly and seems like they're urgently in need of someone working. No face to face interview since probably I was in overseas. The whole process took around 1 month though HR did not reply quickly.

Intern Interview

Applied online by sending CV and cover letter through email. Then the HR contacted me for scheduling a phone interview. After doing the phone interview, I received a verbal offer in a few days. Next is pre-employment checks and signing contract.

Interview Questions are easy and predictable.
    - introduce yourself
    - why you are suitable
    - talk about the past job experience

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

The first-round interview is group type. we are given a situation and think solutions for it. after 20 mins' case reading, we are asked to discuss the question together. 2 staff are watching and evaluate.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult is to understand the question correctly, to find out what it the problem   Answer Question

Merchant Service Hotline Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kowloon (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kowloon (Hong Kong)

interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in August 2014.

1 rd interview with dept head with answering self intro why you are suitable question
    2 rd phone interview with chinese and eng question all simple questions.
    all interview go though smoothly

Assistant Customer Relationship Manager Interview

First interview is asking for your background, job experience, and personality. Second interview is focusing on the bank's product and selling skills. Hired by Hang Seng Bank after two rounds of interview.

Management Trainee (RBWM Stream, May 2014 Extra Batch) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in May 2014.

1st: online SHL, routine
    2nd: group exercise about cheap airline, what to do, how to make profit
    more silly questions like why HSB, why do you think you qualify, in eng or chin
    3rd: phone interview, huge amount of behavioral question, phone interview conducted in CHINESE. caught me by surprise, all my material was in eng, stuttered a lot, i think i did horribly, but lucky enough to make it to AC

Interview Questions
    • A HUGE AMOUNT OF BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, i would say like ard 7, they have to come from different intern experience or school stuff. HR will specifically ask you to answer with school stuff or work stuff, have a lot of coffee comrades.   View Answer
    in progress

One-year Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

phone interview - introduce yourself, why HSB, two competency questions and what do you expect from the internship
    group discussion on current issues

Functional Trainee Interview

1st round: online SHL test, not very difficult
    2nd round: Group exercise, discuss on a company which faces challenges from new companies. have to discuss about how to improve the effectiveness through improving the quality and also reorganization of structure. I cannot make another round.

Interview Questions
    • Use an adjective to describe Hans Seng Bank and operation stream   Answer Question