Hang Seng Bank Management Trainee Interview Questions

3.3

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

app test after submitting application, HR called after 2 months for a phone interview. All interview questions are behavioral, no technical questions. In my interview, HR asked questions in three different languages(Cantonese, Mandarin and English).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hang Seng Bank

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

The first-round interview is group type. we are given a situation and think solutions for it. after 20 mins' case reading, we are asked to discuss the question together. 2 staff are watching and evaluate.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult is to understand the question correctly, to find out what it the problem   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kowloon (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Kowloon (Hong Kong)).

Interview

1) Online application: quite straight forward, filling in standard personal details 2) Online aptitude tests (SHL): both verbal and numerical reasoning, really need to practice with these as it's not the maths which is hard, but understanding the graphs/passage in the short amount of time and picking out the relevant points to answer 3) Group interview: had ~20mins to prepare, half an hour to discuss, groups of around 8-9 people discussing a case study (on how to improve a business given the information) should focus on the discussion rather than stating your own opinion ONLY as I thought some interviewees were a little too aggressive, also had a session of individual speech of around 1min per candidate (in Cantonese) using one word to describe the business stream you've applied for 4) Assessment Centre: a rotation of 3 tasks, individual presentation (English), individual interview (Cantonese), and role play (Cantonese) - presentation was on finding the profit and how may a business boost its profit (cut cost), need to calculate actual costs and revenues (data given), need to work super quick within the hour of preparation for content and presentation (posters), presentation time was around 20 mins with Q&A session at the end - individual interview was quite straight forward, what you'd expect from a normal HR interview: why HSB, why MT, why the stream you've applied for, competency-based questions, strength-based questions - role play was the most 'unusual' part of the AC, had to have a meeting with a 'colleague' (who is the interviewer in the previous task) discussing a particular project, need to emphasis on the different attitude (more casual) but still maintain a coherent agenda for the meeting

Interview Questions

• - What is your strength and weakness? - What is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just finished AC stage, still awaiting reply...

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2014.

Interview

Invited by email for the first round - group discussion. We were given 15 minutes to read a case and then 30 minutes to discuss. 2 HR staff will be present to observe and take notes on your discussion skills. Presentation back to the HR is not needed after the discussion. The 2 HR staff asked us to give some feedback to the discussion. Then they went out of the room and came back 10 minutes later with their decisions. 4 out of 8 people from the group discussion was selected to move forward to the second part - 1 to 1 HR interview. Interview may last from 20-40 minutes. Relax.

Interview Questions

• 1) Do you know about the iPoints? 2) What do you think about HSB compared to competitors? 3) Do you pay attention to financial news?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

SHL numerical test followed by a group interview. the group interview had ard 8 candidates. They had about 10-15 mins for reading the case n then did a discussion based on the background information.

Interview Questions

• The reading materials were easy. It was about the flight industry.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

1st stage is a written test which comprises of numerical and verbal part, not tough though, just have to manage your time well to finish the questions. 2nd stage is a group interview, you will be given a business case, and you have to do discussion with your groupmates, attempting to reach a consensus and solve the problem. 3rd stage is assessment centre, which composed of 3 parts- role playing, individual interview and presentation, and the order is different for different candidates coming in different time. 4th stage(final) is the panel interview, you will be facing a panel of three, one HR manager, two department heads, if you are lucky, you may even meet the CEO I heard. Usual questions: why Hang Seng, self intro and individual questions based on your CV.

Interview Questions

• You will meet at least two managers during the assessment centre stage, the usual good cop and bad cop, if you have a role play that is simple and you feel comfortable of, then expect a harsh and challenging presentation, vice versa. I guess they just want to test the mentality of candidates to deal with different people and how someone handle the ups and downs in the work process.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Group interview with a group of 9 other candidates. A case was presented and candidates were required to debate about it and come up with a conclusion. There is 2 parts to the case which relates to the same company. Business Strategies and Corporate level strategies are useful for this exercise. 1 or 2 candidates are selected to proceed to HR interview where more questions are asked.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kowloon City (Hong Kong)

Interview

Be prepared for written Chinese and English questions. Typical questions of why joining and competency questions. No MBTI and personality tests are used. Be prepared for a group interview over a specific topic (might not related to banking) Be sure about the department you want to excel in the bank.

Interview Questions

• What factors you will consider if you were given another offer from another local banks.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2013.

Interview

I have undergone three rounds of interviews - (1) Group Assessment, where 8 candidates were arranged in a group to discuss solutions for a situation question (case study), (2) Assessment Centre, where candidates carry out on their own, and it consists of three stages (presentation, individual interview and role play), (3) Panel Interview, where 5 candidates were arranged to panel interview at the same time but each will answer questions on their own, no discussion needed.

Interview Questions

• The presentation section for Assessment Center was quite difficult since you only got 75 mins to read 20+ information and you need to gather a solution to the situation pointed out, and your presentation need to be convincing as well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation need since the offer is pretty nice.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in December 2012.

Interview

written assessment for 3 hours; verval, quantitative, and two essays; case study with some other candidates, followed by one-on-one interview with HR; Presentation with PPT to managers; One-on-one interview with Division Head

Interview Questions

• there was no tough questions; all were normal behavioral questions about past experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

no place for negotiation