Hanjin Shipping Interview Questions

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewed for sales positions and operations positions. My interview process took several rounds as I met with each department and discussed the roles. Typically lasted at least 30 minutes and I was answering questions from a panel like environment with 2-3 managers from each department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it leave it.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume to HR. After 2 days I received a phone call to schedule a in-person interview. At the interview, there were 2 HR reps. I was asked very standard questions and told me to go through my resume and explain past experiences in detail.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I didn't personally apply to this company. My school sent them my résumé and I got a call about 2 weeks after graduation. Most of the contact was made thru email. I only went to one interviewed which was made by the 2 supervisors. The interview was quick and lasted about 20min. I received an email 4 days later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic interview routine, weaknesses, strengthens, your personal experience, tell me about yourself....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have a chance to negotiate salary but negotiated the starting date

Equipment Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I went through a phone interview and panel interview. They asked basic and common interview questions. Weakness, strengths, problem solving, what you look for in a supervisor etc. They hire a lot of new college grads, most positions are entre level.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very common. Most intimidating part of the interview was having aprox 20 people in a large interview room, however, not everyone was asking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview

The interview was easy. One of the questions was: Describe a situation where you took action.

Import Agent/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hanjin Shipping (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Submitted a cover letter and resume. Waited about 2 or 3 weeks and got a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview consisted of three parts. First part was with the HR rep. 2nd part was with the team leaders and the 3rd part was with Head of HR. They asked your standard questions like describe a time where you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with this situation and why are you good for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a customers request while staying within company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

First, I interviewed with an HR director followed by two import associate managers. The HR director explained the position thoroughly then asked why I'd do a good job with the position. She asked why I wanted to work for Hanjin and asked me to reiterate what she told me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to go with this position if your major isn't in logistics.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping (Chandler, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

After sending in an application, I was called a month later. The woman didn't seem to know what the position was that she was trying to fill, but asked how much I was axpecting to make. Assuming an entry-leveled position I had told her somewhere around 30k/year. She said ok and asked to set up a group interview. I went into the interview very prepared, however, was disappointed by the interview questions they asked. It was a panel of five and they kept asking the same questions ov er and over again... it was as if the person that asked next wasn't listening to the question asked before... I was very upset with the fact that the panel wasn't as well prepared for the interview as I.

Doumentaiton Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview

regular, same questions as ever just to see what you can do

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - this is it - like it or don't accept

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview

1 panel interview with the department manager and supervisor for each department hiring at that time. Extremely formal interview. Asked questions about customer service and experience plus usual questions about why this company, strengths and weaknesses. Company politics were evident in interview, and it was obvious they wanted expected answers to all interview questions. Very formal office atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to find a complex solution for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, offer was take it or leave it.