Hanjin Shipping

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – I didn't personally apply to this company. My school sent them my résumé and I got a call about 2 weeks after graduation. Most of the contact was made thru email. I only went to one interviewed which was made by the 2 supervisors. The interview was quick and lasted about 20min. I received an email 4 days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Most questions were basic interview routine, weaknesses, strengthens, your personal experience, tell me about yourself....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have a chance to negotiate salary but negotiated the starting date

Equipment Control Analyst Interview

Equipment Control Analyst
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview and panel interview. They asked basic and common interview questions. Weakness, strengths, problem solving, what you look for in a supervisor etc. They hire a lot of new college grads, most positions are entre level.

Interview Question – All questions were very common. Most intimidating part of the interview was having aprox 20 people in a large interview room, however, not everyone was asking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Costumer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. One of the questions was: Describe a situation where you took action.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Import Agent/Customer Service Interview

Import Agent/Customer Service
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – Submitted a cover letter and resume. Waited about 2 or 3 weeks and got a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview consisted of three parts. First part was with the HR rep. 2nd part was with the team leaders and the 3rd part was with Head of HR. They asked your standard questions like describe a time where you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with this situation and why are you good for this position.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to meet a customers request while staying within company policy.   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping in March 2012.

Interview Details – First, I interviewed with an HR director followed by two import associate managers. The HR director explained the position thoroughly then asked why I'd do a good job with the position. She asked why I wanted to work for Hanjin and asked me to reiterate what she told me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to go with this position if your major isn't in logistics.   Answer Question
  • How would you describe yourself?   View Answer

Chandler, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping in March 2011.

Interview Details – After sending in an application, I was called a month later. The woman didn't seem to know what the position was that she was trying to fill, but asked how much I was axpecting to make. Assuming an entry-leveled position I had told her somewhere around 30k/year. She said ok and asked to set up a group interview. I went into the interview very prepared, however, was disappointed by the interview questions they asked. It was a panel of five and they kept asking the same questions ov er and over again... it was as if the person that asked next wasn't listening to the question asked before... I was very upset with the fact that the panel wasn't as well prepared for the interview as I.

Interview Questions

Doumentaiton Interview

Doumentaiton

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – regular, same questions as ever just to see what you can do

Interview Question – How is your back?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - this is it - like it or don't accept

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping.

Interview Details – 1 panel interview with the department manager and supervisor for each department hiring at that time. Extremely formal interview. Asked questions about customer service and experience plus usual questions about why this company, strengths and weaknesses. Company politics were evident in interview, and it was obvious they wanted expected answers to all interview questions. Very formal office atmosphere.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to find a complex solution for an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, offer was take it or leave it.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping in May 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview then I had several group interviews. The questions were pretty straightforward, asking about my career goals, where I see myself in 5 years etc. I never met with the actual manager I would be working under but I met with many most of the other managers.

Interview Question – What do you know about this company?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Logistics

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hanjin Shipping in September 2008.

Interview Details – The Hiring Team of Mgrs did not even know what the job was they were hiring me for. They had no idea about what the day to day functions and operations of the position were. I basically took internet research of the position and applied that to all answers.

Interview Question – Explain how your experience relates to the shipping industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with Hanjin. Everything is price point and cost structure.

Worked for Hanjin Shipping? Contribute to the Community!