Hannaford Bros. Interview Questions

2.2

EOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rindge, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Rindge, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in November 2014.

the interview process was very straight forward however you know when they take you seriously or not. some of the questions are rather unrelated. However he was very professional through out the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • what would you miss about leaving your current position.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jay, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jay, ME

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in August 2014.

They were very friendly and positive. I was nervous and sick at the time but I still got the job. I was told on the phone that two people would be interviewing me one at a time and it only ended up being one person when I got there. I had to wait awhile. I ended up being hired for that position but was given a different position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest pet peeve in the work place? They also asked about my 5 year plan.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase and we did not talk about pay at the interview. I was told during training that it was $7.50 (minimum wage in Maine.)

Manager of Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hannaford Bros..

filled out an application and was called 3 weeks later, interview was about an hour and roughly 15 questions
    that were detail specific. I asked a few questions at the end and it was an overall good experience
    i received a phone call a few days later and took the job.
    i had orientation and started working i thought everything again was handled very professional

Center Store Lead Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in July 2014.

pretty basic, talked to me like I was already staff asking me a lot of what I would do questions. Asked for my opinion on things I noticed in the store and asked what I disliked or may like to change

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions asked led to answers of my opinion. I feared that I may step on toes or offend.   Answer Question
    they made offer I said I needed more and 2 days later they gave me what I wanted do to experience

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Up to 2 interviews. Asks the typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, experience, working in a team environment, availability to work nights / weekends etc. The interview questions seems to be a little excessive considering the position.

Associate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Placid, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Placid, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in May 2014.

The initial interview was causal and pleasant. I felt confident I had a opportunity and shot at the position, however on the second interview with the district ARM, I was not as optimistic. Felt like there was a candidate already chosen. When I asked about start dates, I did not get a firm answer. And when there was no mention of salary or benefits - I knew I was not in the running.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard, on theft, discrimination and how to deal with difficult employees.   View Answer

Maintenance Interview

Prompt when answering calls, questions, and concerns. You have to take a workplace quiz, but they are everyday questions that are easy to answer- and be honest with them. They are very reasonable and nice.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in March 2014.

short interview reasonable questions

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros..

It was a very easy process. I filled out an application & was called in to do an interview. Since I was interviewing to decorate cakes I had to show them that I was able to make a rose out of frosting and that I was able to frost a cake.

Interview Questions
    • It was really straight forward & no difficult questions   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in August 2013.

Pretty simple interview. They ask about past interactions you have had with customers, good and bad. They ask of times when you have faced a problem and what your solution was. They ask if you do any drugs. After all the questions they tell you about the position and introduce you to the department manager. He/she then asks some repeat questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly unexpected. Just the normal questions about work ethic and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    I was offered $8.50/hr, and I said that was fine. Looking back, I probably could have attempted to get a little bit more.