Hannaford Bros. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.2

Manager of Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hannaford Bros..

filled out an application and was called 3 weeks later, interview was about an hour and roughly 15 questions
    that were detail specific. I asked a few questions at the end and it was an overall good experience
    i received a phone call a few days later and took the job.
    i had orientation and started working i thought everything again was handled very professional

Center Store Lead Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in July 2014.

pretty basic, talked to me like I was already staff asking me a lot of what I would do questions. Asked for my opinion on things I noticed in the store and asked what I disliked or may like to change

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions asked led to answers of my opinion. I feared that I may step on toes or offend.   Answer Question
    they made offer I said I needed more and 2 days later they gave me what I wanted do to experience

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Up to 2 interviews. Asks the typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, experience, working in a team environment, availability to work nights / weekends etc. The interview questions seems to be a little excessive considering the position.

Associate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Placid, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Placid, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in May 2014.

The initial interview was causal and pleasant. I felt confident I had a opportunity and shot at the position, however on the second interview with the district ARM, I was not as optimistic. Felt like there was a candidate already chosen. When I asked about start dates, I did not get a firm answer. And when there was no mention of salary or benefits - I knew I was not in the running.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard, on theft, discrimination and how to deal with difficult employees.   View Answer

Maintenance Interview

Prompt when answering calls, questions, and concerns. You have to take a workplace quiz, but they are everyday questions that are easy to answer- and be honest with them. They are very reasonable and nice.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in March 2014.

short interview reasonable questions

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros..

It was a very easy process. I filled out an application & was called in to do an interview. Since I was interviewing to decorate cakes I had to show them that I was able to make a rose out of frosting and that I was able to frost a cake.

Interview Questions
    • It was really straight forward & no difficult questions   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in August 2013.

Pretty simple interview. They ask about past interactions you have had with customers, good and bad. They ask of times when you have faced a problem and what your solution was. They ask if you do any drugs. After all the questions they tell you about the position and introduce you to the department manager. He/she then asks some repeat questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly unexpected. Just the normal questions about work ethic and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    I was offered $8.50/hr, and I said that was fine. Looking back, I probably could have attempted to get a little bit more.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2013.

Applied in May 2013. About a month later, I got called due to new openings. Very relaxed interview, Associate Relations Mgr. asked basic questions about my work and volunteer history, gave me a basic personality test, which was administered on a bubble sheet, and had me read and sign a job description. Received an offer two days later by phone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is based on experience.

Produce/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maine, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maine, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2013.

Interviewed two stores one town. Both processes polite and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • If a company sent you an unsolicited item valued at $1, what would you do with it?   Answer Question