Hannaford Bros. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.2

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Lewiston, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked questions about your relevant customer service experience and took a test about honesty. About 50 questions long. They make sure your friendly and can hold a conversation. They give you papers on the job and description and ask if you could comply with the responsabilities. Ask you why you want to work here and how well you do in amswering questions. Overall a pretty easy process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damariscotta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Damariscotta, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw an opening for a sales associate in the local paper and on the Hannaford web site. I filled out the application and attached my cv on-line, within the week, I received a phone call to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I suspected that an co-worker was taking products from the company?   Answer Question

Over Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy questions, they give you a packet to fill out and its just common sense. Basically it just asks if you are a crack head so be sure to double check it at the end

EOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rindge, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Rindge, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

the interview process was very straight forward however you know when they take you seriously or not. some of the questions are rather unrelated. However he was very professional through out the interview process.

Interview Questions

• what would you miss about leaving your current position.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jay, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Jay, ME) in August 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and positive. I was nervous and sick at the time but I still got the job. I was told on the phone that two people would be interviewing me one at a time and it only ended up being one person when I got there. I had to wait awhile. I ended up being hired for that position but was given a different position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest pet peeve in the work place? They also asked about my 5 year plan.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase and we did not talk about pay at the interview. I was told during training that it was $7.50 (minimum wage in Maine.)

Manager of Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Interview

filled out an application and was called 3 weeks later, interview was about an hour and roughly 15 questions that were detail specific. I asked a few questions at the end and it was an overall good experience i received a phone call a few days later and took the job. i had orientation and started working i thought everything again was handled very professional

Center Store Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in July 2014.

Interview

pretty basic, talked to me like I was already staff asking me a lot of what I would do questions. Asked for my opinion on things I noticed in the store and asked what I disliked or may like to change

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions asked led to answers of my opinion. I feared that I may step on toes or offend.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they made offer I said I needed more and 2 days later they gave me what I wanted do to experience

Assistant Manager of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Rochester, NH) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was very informal, manager did not really listen to what I had to say, leading to problems down the line. I met with a manager, one time, for one interview, and was offered the job. They didn't really bother to listen to what I had to say when I laid out my weaknesses in reference to the position, for the sake of being honest, and later on questioned why I was not proficient in certain functions ( I had never been trained on said functions, despite making it clear that I would need to be in order to do the job well. ).

Interview Questions

• Standard scripted interview questions about my job performance, leadership style, strengths, weaknesses, yahdah yahdah yahdah.   Answer Question

Assistant Bakery Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2014.

Interview

there interview took about 25 minutes. I met with the assistant store manager and the bakery manager. I honestly didn't think i have a shot at the position. I have happily surprised when i found out that i received the position.

Interview Questions

• biggest risk taken, how do you deal with irate customers/co-workers, where do you see yourself in five years, are you a risk-taker?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hannaford Bros. (Kingston, NY).

Interview

Up to 2 interviews. Asks the typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, experience, working in a team environment, availability to work nights / weekends etc. The interview questions seems to be a little excessive considering the position.