Hannaford Bros.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Bangor, ME

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty simple interview. They ask about past interactions you have had with customers, good and bad. They ask of times when you have faced a problem and what your solution was. They ask if you do any drugs. After all the questions they tell you about the position and introduce you to the department manager. He/she then asks some repeat questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly unexpected. Just the normal questions about work ethic and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8.50/hr, and I said that was fine. Looking back, I probably could have attempted to get a little bit more.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Kingston, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Interview Details – Up to 2 interviews. Asks the typical questions: strengths, weaknesses, experience, working in a team environment, availability to work nights / weekends etc. The interview questions seems to be a little excessive considering the position.

Interview Question – Give an example of a mistake you made on the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Portland, ME

I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in March 2014.

Interview Details – short interview reasonable questions

Interview Question – what is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Stock Crew Manager Interview

Assistant Stock Crew Manager
Portsmouth, NH

I interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very comfortable and understanding. I like how they looked specifically at your work performance and overall ambition as a whole over just seniority. I was only eighteen when I got hired as an assistant manger which felt like a great accomplishment for me. Besides that, they ask you the standard generic questions like: Have you ever dealt with an angry customer and how did you go about handling it? And so on hahaha

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected if your familiar with standard retail corporate questions, but if your not maybe: Name a specific time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty for a customer or fellow associate, and how did you accomplish the set goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They initially low balled me, but I was able to read that they where eager to hire me. So I declined at first, then they came back straight away with a reasonable offer.

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance

Interviewed at Hannaford Bros.

Interview Details – Prompt when answering calls, questions, and concerns. You have to take a workplace quiz, but they are everyday questions that are easy to answer- and be honest with them. They are very reasonable and nice.

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hannaford Bros..

Interview Details – It was a very easy process. I filled out an application & was called in to do an interview. Since I was interviewing to decorate cakes I had to show them that I was able to make a rose out of frosting and that I was able to frost a cake.

Interview Question – It was really straight forward & no difficult questions   Answer Question

Dog Interview

Dog
Queensbury, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in May 2013.

Interview Details – two interviews.

Negotiation Details – HA! yea right.

Produce/Cashier Interview

Produce/Cashier
Maine, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed two stores one town. Both processes polite and courteous.

Interview Question – If a company sent you an unsolicited item valued at $1, what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in May 2013. About a month later, I got called due to new openings. Very relaxed interview, Associate Relations Mgr. asked basic questions about my work and volunteer history, gave me a basic personality test, which was administered on a bubble sheet, and had me read and sign a job description. Received an offer two days later by phone.

Interview Question – Do you have any volunteer work history?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is based on experience.

Assistant Bakery Manager Interview

Assistant Bakery Manager
York, ME

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hannaford Bros. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Always had good interviews. They would ask questions that allowed me to elaborate and give detailed answers.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hannaford Bros.

Worked for Hannaford Bros.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hannaford Bros. interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hannaford Bros. employees and interview candidates.