Hanover Insurance Future Leaders Interview Questions

2.7

Future Leaders Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I applied through the college's recruitment office after being recommended by a professor. First round of interviews involved two interviewers who asked basic questions, such as interest in Hanover, why would I be an asset at the company, and what skills could I bring to the table.

I was called back for the second round which took place at Hanover's corporate headquarters which involved 4, 20 minute interviews. The questions were not necessarily difficult, just tiresome as most ask the general questions, so its hard not to feel repetitive.

Interview Questions
  • Please name a time you made the wrong decision and what you did to address your mistake?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hanover Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

The process consisted of 2 phone interviews (one screening, and the other constituted as the first round) then a final round consisting of 4 half hour onsite interviews and a half hour tour of the facilities. Questions were all pretty standard: resume overview, past experience, interest in the company/position, and of course behavioral questions.

Future Leaders Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I attended their Future Leaders Program externship day and I applied by sending my resume and cover letter directly to the hiring manager. First interview was over the phone and was consisted of general behavioral questions. Then moved on to fill out a complicated online form detailing work experience for the past 12 years as well as a very easy math aptitude test. After completing this stage, I was informed by email a day later that I would not be moving on.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in October 2012.

Got the interview through campus recruiters and my university careers website. On- campus interview period consisted of a pre-assesment that you took on one of their laptops, consisting of relatively simple mathematics, statistics, and general business questions. Then a 30 minute interview with one person followed by a 30 minute interview with someone else. One interview was pleasant, typical questions about you, talking through your resume, and why you want to work for the Hanover. The other interview was much more difficult asking things such as when you changed a current process for the better or a time you challenged the status quo, to name a few off the top of my head.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in February 2012.

Multiple one on one interviews at my college recruiting office and then the next round is at the hanover group office in worcester.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in March 2011.

1st round interview was on campus, was a 1:1 interview. Also, a short skills/personality test was required, with basic math computation questions and some basic personality multiple choice questions.

2nd round was at Hanover. 4 1:1 interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. Very straightforward, all of the questions were behavioral, and basically friendly conversations. Everyone was very friendly, and enthusiastic about the company.

Future Leaders Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in November 2011.

There was a first round interview with two different managers from Hanover. Each interview was pretty standard, taking about 30 minutes each, with some basic questions about working in groups, presenting issues, public speaking experience, and all of the usual things you might expect, as well as some time to chat about personal experiences and ask questions of them. Then the second round consisted of four interviews, once again lasting about 30 minutes apiece. No more real surprises here, but some of the questions and interviewers were a bit tougher. I was then contacted two weeks later and they extended me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a group project and one of the group members was not pulling their own weight.   Answer Question