Hanover Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, phone interview with manager, interview at the office that's 2 hours long. First you shadow someone in ISP for 30 min. Second you interview with the manager in person for 30 min. Lastly, you will interview with two other managers via phone for 30 min. They usually live out of state. It sounds like a lot but it really goes by very fast and the people are very personable so it makes it easier.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

My interview was a one on one interview. It was about 45 minutes long. Typical Generic behavioral questions: tell me about a time when... Not too difficult. Make sure that you are able to answer generic behavioral questions. Make eye contact.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

Great process. Some in person, some over the phone. They did a nice job talking about the job, the company and the culture. Everyone was very professional and were very open to answer all questions in an honest manner

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance (Worcester, MA).

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep who conducted a general exploratory interview to see where I would fit best at the company. I was contacted about a week later with an invitation for an on-site interview session. The process took about 2 1/2 hours. I met with 4 different people and spoke with 1 more over the phone. Everyone was very kind and informative. I went through my resume during all 5 interviews explaining my past experiences and how they have prepared me well for the desired position. Also, lots of typical behavioral questions. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo. What difficulties did this present and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Applied and received an email the same day. Phone interview a few days later. Found that it was not a good fit. Friendly HR and somewhat willing to work with you. I would probably apply again. They are not the best with there questions and seemed that they were reading from a script. Not very personal compared to other recruiters that I have interviewed with.

Sourcing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone screen then meeting with five people from sourcing group and hr person. Lasted half a day. Friendly group that seemed to enjoy working together. Received follow up call five days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What areas of expertise did I feel most strong in? Do you prefer to work independently or in teams? What accountabilities did I own in my job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted after several months with a phone interview, very basic with all behavioral questions. Second round was over skype with the head of recruiting, lasted 45 minutes and was more in depth on the position/details/projects. Third round was 4 back to back 30 minute interviews, again mostly behavioral and resume centered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance (Howell, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

1st by phone, 2nd in person at Howell Michigan office. Met with 2 managers for interview. Phone interview went well and had a positive attitude going into interview. Never even felt there was a chance of being hired from when I walked into the room. Felt decision was made as soon as I walked in. So much for EOE

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

The interview consisted of purely behavioral questions. They were not necessarily difficult but they were lengthy and had some twists to your average behavioral. The interviewers were all really nice though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

I made contact through the University career center, and was scheduled for an on-campus interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a second interview closer to graduation. After making it through the second, I was asked to do an on-site interview in their Atlanta office. The first two where one -on-one 30 min. interviews, the third was a half day interview with 6 different managers.

Interview Questions

• None. I expected the range of questions asked. They were all relevant to the open position.   Answer Question