Hanover Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted after several months with a phone interview, very basic with all behavioral questions. Second round was over skype with the head of recruiting, lasted 45 minutes and was more in depth on the position/details/projects. Third round was 4 back to back 30 minute interviews, again mostly behavioral and resume centered.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

The interview consisted of purely behavioral questions. They were not necessarily difficult but they were lengthy and had some twists to your average behavioral. The interviewers were all really nice though.

No negotiation

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I made contact through the University career center, and was scheduled for an on-campus interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a second interview closer to graduation. After making it through the second, I was asked to do an on-site interview in their Atlanta office. The first two where one -on-one 30 min. interviews, the third was a half day interview with 6 different managers.

Interview Questions
    • None. I expected the range of questions asked. They were all relevant to the open position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I interviewed with Hanover for an internship. Application itself was long and time consuming. I received a phone interview where they asked basic questions dealing with school, experience and if I would be willing to relocate. They came onto campus for my second round interview and I met with two people from HR. One of the best interviews I have been on, they were really personable and gave you a great idea of the company. Final round interview was at The Hanover. Sat in an interview suite and met with 5 people from my potential department. The interviews all took place over two and a half hours. Met everyone from directors to the the vice president of the department. Received a call about two weeks later and got offered the internship position.

Interview Questions
    • If you could not obtain any financial information (sales, quantities sold, etc.), how would you figure out how many red M&M's were sold in the US last year?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Apply through college career search website. Have a twenty minute phone interview, then got invited to have an on site four 30 minutes interviews. The interviewers are nice and gave lots of useful information about the company and position.

Insurance Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in November 2014.

I first did a phone interview and then was invited into the office to interview with 3 different interviews. It was a 2 hour process and each interviewer asked the same questions. I was offered a position but declined because they wanted me a a temporary employee through Randstand staffing instead of directly hiring me. I needed a job with benefits not to work as a temp for up to 6 months.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to bring me on full time but rather as a temp

State Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in November 2014.

I applied online and was rejected within about 48 hours, but a week later I was contacted by phone by a recruiter asking questions about my interest in the position and availability for an in person interview. I was then scheduled for an interview with six people within the organization for 45 minute individual meetings in the recruiting suit. Everyone was friendly, professional and genuinely interested in my experience and career goals. I left feeling very positive about my interview experience. However, after my interview I did not receive any communication from recruiting. I directly asked for a status update on my application twice but never received a response.

Interview Questions
    • "How long would you expect or plan to remain in this position if you were to receive an offer?"   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in October 2014.

In the beginning, had a short phone interview with a recruiter. After that, they decided to interview me at the office. Two interviewers interviewed me. Began with individual introduction, and with some professional question. If you prepare well for the position requirement, the professional questions would not be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Very nice atmosphere and not much unexpected questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

For me, I was asked to come in and interview with 4 different people for about 20 minutes each. 3 of the people I met with were very laid back and we had more of a casual conversation more than an interview. One of the interviewers asked behavioral questions, nothing unexpected really.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted by a recruiter and after submitting my profile, he scheduled an interview after 10 days. The first round was a telephonic interview with a manager. And after that Recruiter told me they have rejected me.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me the difference b/w Left join and right join and If we can get the same functionality they why did Microsoft guys made the right join?
      The other question was what should be the specialty of a database developer?

Answer Question