Hanover Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

Great process. Some in person, some over the phone. They did a nice job talking about the job, the company and the culture. Everyone was very professional and were very open to answer all questions in an honest manner

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance (Worcester, MA).

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep who conducted a general exploratory interview to see where I would fit best at the company. I was contacted about a week later with an invitation for an on-site interview session. The process took about 2 1/2 hours. I met with 4 different people and spoke with 1 more over the phone. Everyone was very kind and informative. I went through my resume during all 5 interviews explaining my past experiences and how they have prepared me well for the desired position. Also, lots of typical behavioral questions. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo. What difficulties did this present and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Sourcing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone screen then meeting with five people from sourcing group and hr person. Lasted half a day. Friendly group that seemed to enjoy working together. Received follow up call five days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What areas of expertise did I feel most strong in?
      Do you prefer to work independently or in teams?
      What accountabilities did I own in my job.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted after several months with a phone interview, very basic with all behavioral questions. Second round was over skype with the head of recruiting, lasted 45 minutes and was more in depth on the position/details/projects. Third round was 4 back to back 30 minute interviews, again mostly behavioral and resume centered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

The interview consisted of purely behavioral questions. They were not necessarily difficult but they were lengthy and had some twists to your average behavioral. The interviewers were all really nice though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

I made contact through the University career center, and was scheduled for an on-campus interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a second interview closer to graduation. After making it through the second, I was asked to do an on-site interview in their Atlanta office. The first two where one -on-one 30 min. interviews, the third was a half day interview with 6 different managers.

Interview Questions

• None. I expected the range of questions asked. They were all relevant to the open position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

I interviewed with Hanover for an internship. Application itself was long and time consuming. I received a phone interview where they asked basic questions dealing with school, experience and if I would be willing to relocate. They came onto campus for my second round interview and I met with two people from HR. One of the best interviews I have been on, they were really personable and gave you a great idea of the company. Final round interview was at The Hanover. Sat in an interview suite and met with 5 people from my potential department. The interviews all took place over two and a half hours. Met everyone from directors to the the vice president of the department. Received a call about two weeks later and got offered the internship position.

Interview Questions

• If you could not obtain any financial information (sales, quantities sold, etc.), how would you figure out how many red M&M's were sold in the US last year?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview

Apply through college career search website. Have a twenty minute phone interview, then got invited to have an on site four 30 minutes interviews. The interviewers are nice and gave lots of useful information about the company and position.

Insurance Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance (Dunwoody, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first did a phone interview and then was invited into the office to interview with 3 different interviews. It was a 2 hour process and each interviewer asked the same questions. I was offered a position but declined because they wanted me a a temporary employee through Randstand staffing instead of directly hiring me. I needed a job with benefits not to work as a temp for up to 6 months.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to bring me on full time but rather as a temp

State Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was rejected within about 48 hours, but a week later I was contacted by phone by a recruiter asking questions about my interest in the position and availability for an in person interview. I was then scheduled for an interview with six people within the organization for 45 minute individual meetings in the recruiting suit. Everyone was friendly, professional and genuinely interested in my experience and career goals. I left feeling very positive about my interview experience. However, after my interview I did not receive any communication from recruiting. I directly asked for a status update on my application twice but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• "How long would you expect or plan to remain in this position if you were to receive an offer?"   Answer Question