Hanover Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Actuarial Trainee

Interviewed at Hanover Insurance

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and two on-site interviews. There was nothing too complicated or unexpected, very behavioral based. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and willing to answer any question I had.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was to share an experience where I felt discouraged and how I got past it. The interview felt like it was more to gauge whether I'd fit into the culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was higher than I expected. I accepted right away.

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Personal Lines Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interviews with Hanover. Of the three, two were on campus and the other was at their Atlanta office. I was interviewed by all senior management staff.

Interview Question – Where you involved in sports in high school?   Answer Question

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Salesforce Administrator
Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter about the job opening. I had a phone screening then was contacted by another internal recruiter to arrange an in-person interview - they had only 1 day available and told me that I had to interview then, no other choice was available. I also had to fill out an online application and background check authorization. The interview was fast-paced - I had 4 interviews with different managers one after another for 3 hours straight. I contacted the internal recruiter after 4 days to check on my status and was emailed a canned rejection letter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Hanover?   Answer Question

Voice Analyst Interview

Voice Analyst
Howell, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by one person and one time. It was very prepared. He had notes on my resume and wrote additional notes of my answers. I was very impressed with the interview. I thought that as young as he was this was a place to work with bosses who are so professional.

Interview Question – What is my insurance experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a set pay and the schedule was very easily negotiated. I set my own hours.

Insurance Service Professional Interview

Insurance Service Professional
Howell, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly people. Simple questions. The managers that interviewed were very personable so it was an enjoyable experience. Most questions were experience based, so as long as you know what you've done and are able to carry a convo, you'll be golden.

Interview Question – Couldn't say that there was one.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Interview

Future Leaders

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – I applied through the college's recruitment office after being recommended by a professor. First round of interviews involved two interviewers who asked basic questions, such as interest in Hanover, why would I be an asset at the company, and what skills could I bring to the table.

I was called back for the second round which took place at Hanover's corporate headquarters which involved 4, 20 minute interviews. The questions were not necessarily difficult, just tiresome as most ask the general questions, so its hard not to feel repetitive.

Interview Question – Please name a time you made the wrong decision and what you did to address your mistake?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – Interviewed with someone I already knew. I spoke very little in the interview because I believe that person already knew they wanted to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Didn't ask me many questions! Very different than most interviews. A function of the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – Very Quick, Not intimidating, Very easy to talk to, had a positive experience speaking with upper Management

Negotiation Details – Very Easy

FLiP and FLP Interview

FLiP and FLP
Worcester, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – First a very basic math/analysis skills test. Then, a phone interview followed by a 2 hour interview with managers and a member of the company's executive leadership team. Basis behavioral questions. Over the course of the FLiP internship, had 4-5 informal interviews and one formal interview. Finally, had a skype interview for final FLP placement with mid level management and some AVPs.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral. Talk about a time you made a mistake and how did you remedy it, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – I came in as part of their Future Leader's Program. The interviewing process consisted of 1 round interview at the college with 2 different interviews along with a 2nd round interview at Hanover in Worcester with 4 interviewers. All the questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you faced an ethical decision and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!