Hanover Insurance

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I interviewed with Hanover for an internship. Application itself was long and time consuming. I received a phone interview where they asked basic questions dealing with school, experience and if I would be willing to relocate. They came onto campus for my second round interview and I met with two people from HR. One of the best interviews I have been on, they were really personable and gave you a great idea of the company. Final round interview was at The Hanover. Sat in an interview suite and met with 5 people from my potential department. The interviews all took place over two and a half hours. Met everyone from directors to the the vice president of the department. Received a call about two weeks later and got offered the internship position.

Interview Questions
    • If you could not obtain any financial information (sales, quantities sold, etc.), how would you figure out how many red M&M's were sold in the US last year?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Apply through college career search website. Have a twenty minute phone interview, then got invited to have an on site four 30 minutes interviews. The interviewers are nice and gave lots of useful information about the company and position.

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in October 2014.

In the beginning, had a short phone interview with a recruiter. After that, they decided to interview me at the office. Two interviewers interviewed me. Began with individual introduction, and with some professional question. If you prepare well for the position requirement, the professional questions would not be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Very nice atmosphere and not much unexpected questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

For me, I was asked to come in and interview with 4 different people for about 20 minutes each. 3 of the people I met with were very laid back and we had more of a casual conversation more than an interview. One of the interviewers asked behavioral questions, nothing unexpected really.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted by a recruiter and after submitting my profile, he scheduled an interview after 10 days. The first round was a telephonic interview with a manager. And after that Recruiter told me they have rejected me.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me the difference b/w Left join and right join and If we can get the same functionality they why did Microsoft guys made the right join?
      The other question was what should be the specialty of a database developer?

Answer Question

Underwriting Technician Interview

I was interviewed over the phone initially. Basic, textbook interview questions such as strengths, weaknesses, etc. Followed up with four half-hour interviews in person. This consisted of mainly experience and behavioral based questions. I found the interviewers pleasant and informative for the most part. There was quite a bit of confusion in the questions I had in regards to the position from the different parties, with conflicting answers. The final interview was with a VP. He was fairly vague in regards to the position, again no concrete answers.

Actuarial Trainee Interview

I had one phone interview and two on-site interviews. There was nothing too complicated or unexpected, very behavioral based. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and willing to answer any question I had.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to share an experience where I felt discouraged and how I got past it. The interview felt like it was more to gauge whether I'd fit into the culture.   Answer Question
    The offer was higher than I expected. I accepted right away.

Data Analyst - Claims Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance in July 2014.

After applying online the next day I was contacted by phone to set up an in-person interview. The interview was scheduled for 3 hours and I was to meet with 4 different people. I meet with the recruiter, two of my potential colleagues, my potential boss, and the Claims Department hiring manager. The interviews were very laid back and focused on my academic background and what I could bring to the company. The majority of the interviewers were very friendly and easy going.

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I had a total of 3 interviews with Hanover. Of the three, two were on campus and the other was at their Atlanta office. I was interviewed by all senior management staff.

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter about the job opening. I had a phone screening then was contacted by another internal recruiter to arrange an in-person interview - they had only 1 day available and told me that I had to interview then, no other choice was available. I also had to fill out an online application and background check authorization. The interview was fast-paced - I had 4 interviews with different managers one after another for 3 hours straight. I contacted the internal recruiter after 4 days to check on my status and was emailed a canned rejection letter.