Hanover Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – Interviewed with someone I already knew. I spoke very little in the interview because I believe that person already knew they wanted to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Didn't ask me many questions! Very different than most interviews. A function of the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – Very Quick, Not intimidating, Very easy to talk to, had a positive experience speaking with upper Management

Negotiation Details – Very Easy

FLiP and FLP Interview

Worcester, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – First a very basic math/analysis skills test. Then, a phone interview followed by a 2 hour interview with managers and a member of the company's executive leadership team. Basis behavioral questions. Over the course of the FLiP internship, had 4-5 informal interviews and one formal interview. Finally, had a skype interview for final FLP placement with mid level management and some AVPs.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral. Talk about a time you made a mistake and how did you remedy it, etc.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – I came in as part of their Future Leader's Program. The interviewing process consisted of 1 round interview at the college with 2 different interviews along with a 2nd round interview at Hanover in Worcester with 4 interviewers. All the questions were behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you faced an ethical decision and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Interview

Future Leaders
Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 2 phone interviews (one screening, and the other constituted as the first round) then a final round consisting of 4 half hour onsite interviews and a half hour tour of the facilities. Questions were all pretty standard: resume overview, past experience, interest in the company/position, and of course behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None, all were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Commercial Lines Underwriter
Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in January 2010.

Interview Details – Part of an acquisition

Claims Assistant Interview

Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in May 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and suggested I would be more qualified for a different position than the one I applied for. Had a 15 minute phone interview in which they asked about my working experiences in my current job and why I wanted to work for Hanover. Nothing very difficult.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything difficult, probably "How would you handle an angry customer" was the hardest.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Interview

Future Leaders

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – I attended their Future Leaders Program externship day and I applied by sending my resume and cover letter directly to the hiring manager. First interview was over the phone and was consisted of general behavioral questions. Then moved on to fill out a complicated online form detailing work experience for the past 12 years as well as a very easy math aptitude test. After completing this stage, I was informed by email a day later that I would not be moving on.

Interview Question – What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Interviewed at Hanover Insurance

Interview Details – Interviewed with a manager in my city, then flew to Chicago to meet additional people.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Commercial Lines Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interview Details – Went well. Most important aspects are relationships and ability to market. Risk appetite is limited and they use ISO forms.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hanover Insurance

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanover Insurance interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hanover Insurance employees and interview candidates.