Hanover Insurance Interview Questions

2.8

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted by a recruiter and after submitting my profile, he scheduled an interview after 10 days. The first round was a telephonic interview with a manager. And after that Recruiter told me they have rejected me.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me the difference b/w Left join and right join and If we can get the same functionality they why did Microsoft guys made the right join?
      The other question was what should be the specialty of a database developer?
        Answer Question

Underwriting Technician Interview

I was interviewed over the phone initially. Basic, textbook interview questions such as strengths, weaknesses, etc. Followed up with four half-hour interviews in person. This consisted of mainly experience and behavioral based questions. I found the interviewers pleasant and informative for the most part. There was quite a bit of confusion in the questions I had in regards to the position from the different parties, with conflicting answers. The final interview was with a VP. He was fairly vague in regards to the position, again no concrete answers.

Actuarial Trainee Interview

I had one phone interview and two on-site interviews. There was nothing too complicated or unexpected, very behavioral based. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and willing to answer any question I had.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to share an experience where I felt discouraged and how I got past it. The interview felt like it was more to gauge whether I'd fit into the culture.   Answer Question
    The offer was higher than I expected. I accepted right away.

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I had a total of 3 interviews with Hanover. Of the three, two were on campus and the other was at their Atlanta office. I was interviewed by all senior management staff.

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter about the job opening. I had a phone screening then was contacted by another internal recruiter to arrange an in-person interview - they had only 1 day available and told me that I had to interview then, no other choice was available. I also had to fill out an online application and background check authorization. The interview was fast-paced - I had 4 interviews with different managers one after another for 3 hours straight. I contacted the internal recruiter after 4 days to check on my status and was emailed a canned rejection letter.

Voice Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Howell, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in September 2011.

I was interviewed by one person and one time. It was very prepared. He had notes on my resume and wrote additional notes of my answers. I was very impressed with the interview. I thought that as young as he was this was a place to work with bosses who are so professional.

Interview Questions
    It was a set pay and the schedule was very easily negotiated. I set my own hours.

Insurance Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Howell, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance in April 2013.

Very friendly people. Simple questions. The managers that interviewed were very personable so it was an enjoyable experience. Most questions were experience based, so as long as you know what you've done and are able to carry a convo, you'll be golden.

Future Leaders Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

I applied through the college's recruitment office after being recommended by a professor. First round of interviews involved two interviewers who asked basic questions, such as interest in Hanover, why would I be an asset at the company, and what skills could I bring to the table.

I was called back for the second round which took place at Hanover's corporate headquarters which involved 4, 20 minute interviews. The questions were not necessarily difficult, just tiresome as most ask the general questions, so its hard not to feel repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • Please name a time you made the wrong decision and what you did to address your mistake?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Interviewed with someone I already knew. I spoke very little in the interview because I believe that person already knew they wanted to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask me many questions! Very different than most interviews. A function of the person conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Insurance.

Very Quick, Not intimidating, Very easy to talk to, had a positive experience speaking with upper Management

Very Easy

Worked for Hanover Insurance? Contribute to the Community!