Hanover Research Content Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Research in November 2014.

Interview

6 week process, writing samples, online assessment test, created a sample report (was given a week to work on it). When I spoke to my peers about the process, many said that they wouldn't be surprised if my sample report was actually used by Hanover for one of their clients. It would have helped if Hanover had made me write a report on a topic that was outside of their work domain since I have no idea if my intellectual property is now being passed off as one of their reports!

Interview Questions

• What type of experience you've had that matches the requirements of this job?   Answer Question

Hanover Research Response

Feb 23, 2015 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I can confirm that we use one of two homework assignments for our research candidates depending on whether they are applying to our Education or For-Profit practices ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Hanover Research

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hanover Research (Arlington, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

1.) Online Application - Pretty standard for a research organization 2.) Intelligence/Personality Test - This was pretty straight-forward. I will say, though, that I have a background in psychology. Because of this, I knew exactly what they were measuring and so I easily could have manipulated portions of the test. I didn't, but I could have. 3.) Phone Interview - Pretty standard, once again. The interviewer was very good at her job and was very personable. She quickly discovered that Content Analyst was not the best position for me, so she transitioned the interview toward a position that would make better use of my skills. 4.) Homework Assignment - I was asked to conduct a statistical analysis and write up the results. The recruiter e-mailed me a few Excel files and told me to have a written report of the findings within five days. I withdrew my candidacy at this point. Although I understand that a research company needs to ensure the quality of their job candidates, I had four other interviews within a week of receiving the homework assignment and I needed time to prepare for those. I would recommend that the hiring team streamline the process a little more to prevent losing out on the most competitive job candidates.

Hanover Research Response

Nov 8, 2014 – CHRO

Thank you so much for your feedback. I can certainly understand your decision to withdraw from the process with so many other interviews to prepare for. I do understand that our interview process is ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two days for a screener interview and online assessment (personality and verbal reasoning). The phone interview was standard stuff (resume walk, greatest strength/weakness) with more detailed questions about research experience and skills. The next step was a 2,000 word research paper, pretty similar to actual assignments at Hanover. I heard back about scheduling an in-person interview a few days after submitting my paper. For the final round, I met with two people successively for about 45 minutes each. Again, the questions focused on past research experience and specific analytic skills, as opposed to cultural fit or other professional qualifications. By the end of the week, I was informed that I was still under consideration, and I got the offer a week or so later. All in all, an efficient and straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite research project and how you approached it from start to finish.   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hanover Research in May 2011.

Interview

Applied several months before contacted for an interview. Completed a 30 minute interview with an HR person. At the end of the interview, I was asked to complete a homework assignment of 3-5 pages. Had 2 weeks to complete the homework assignment. Submitted homework and another writing sample and heard back within a week that they wanted to see me in the office. Had in-person interviews with 2 individuals. When I went into the interview, it seemed like my resume had been reviewed 10 minutes before I walked in. Typically questions of tell me about yourself, research experience, and classroom work. Heard the same week that I interviewed that they were not offering me the job. Good over all experience. Work environment seemed very quiet without much interaction between employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you complete your research and literature reviews?   Answer Question