Hanover Research

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hanover Research

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by online aptitude test

Interview Question – Make sure you know about what the position does and why you are interested in sales   Answer Question

Development Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – Normal

Interview Question – What do you think about the future of higher education as a business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't take more than a week

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Research in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone-screen, which was laid back and easy. I was interviewed by two development directors who were easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in a sales role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, this is an entry level job and you are among peers with the same compensation structure. If you got an offer, you were selected out of a large pool. I would not recommend trying to negotiate if this is your first job out of college.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hanover Research in July 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a 3 step interview process. First, I was contacted to set up a phone interview, which lasted around 20 minutes. The HR rep was very nice and asked questions about my goals, what I though the role of the development associate was, and what I t hought Hanover did. She also asked why I was interested in Hanover. All very straightforward if you bothered to research their website. She then said that the next step in the process would be an online assessment, which she emailed me the link to within the hour.

I then took the online assessment/IQ test which had lots of pattern recreation, creative analysis, and word recognition. After about a week, the HR rep contacted me saying that I had been selected for an in-office interview in DC. She coordinated a time that was good for me and I met with a current development associate and a development director, both of whom asked me very similar questions as the initial interview. Eventually the choice came down to me or another candidate, and I was notified within 48 hours that I was not selected. However, they were very kind in the let down, saying that it was a very difficult decision, everyone was very impressed, etc.

Interview Question – How would you handle the stress of continually being denied in your cold calling?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hanover Research in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and quick turnaround for decision making.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hanover Research in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from an HR manager a week or so later wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went really well and we ended the call with her telling me about the next steps in the interview process and how they wanted to move forward with me. She ended up sending me a link to the skills/personality test, which I took and submitted. I did not hear back from them for a few weeks, so sent an email asking about what would happen next and the HR manager told me they were in the process of hiring new Development Directors and definitely wanted to stay in touch, but needed to finish that process before continuing hiring associates. It has now been another 2 months and I have not heard back, so I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Development Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Research in April 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone screen with HR, and then I was invited to an in-person interview where I spoke with a few Development Directors

Interview Question – Do you prefer working in a team environment or indvidually?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had the opportunity to visit both the downtown DC and Georgetown offices and was not impressed. Employees are all very young (shouldn't "researchers" have advanced degrees, and not just a group of 22-year olds googling research projects all day?), and the environment was very unprofessional. I overheard employees trading stories about their weekend and drunken escapades.

Seems like a good first job, one to pay the bills. This is definitely not a position that would lead a great path to grad school or internal advancement.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hanover Research

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanover Research Development Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hanover Research employees and interview candidates.