Hanover Research

Hanover Research Development Associate Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Associate Interview

Phone Interview followed by online aptitude test

Interview Questions
  • Make sure you know about what the position does and why you are interested in sales   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hanover Research

Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Research.

Normal

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the future of higher education as a business?   Answer Question
    Didn't take more than a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hanover Research in July 2012.

Went through a 3 step interview process. First, I was contacted to set up a phone interview, which lasted around 20 minutes. The HR rep was very nice and asked questions about my goals, what I though the role of the development associate was, and what I t hought Hanover did. She also asked why I was interested in Hanover. All very straightforward if you bothered to research their website. She then said that the next step in the process would be an online assessment, which she emailed me the link to within the hour.

I then took the online assessment/IQ test which had lots of pattern recreation, creative analysis, and word recognition. After about a week, the HR rep contacted me saying that I had been selected for an in-office interview in DC. She coordinated a time that was good for me and I met with a current development associate and a development director, both of whom asked me very similar questions as the initial interview. Eventually the choice came down to me or another candidate, and I was notified within 48 hours that I was not selected. However, they were very kind in the let down, saying that it was a very difficult decision, everyone was very impressed, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the stress of continually being denied in your cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hanover Research in April 2012.

I applied online and received an email from an HR manager a week or so later wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went really well and we ended the call with her telling me about the next steps in the interview process and how they wanted to move forward with me. She ended up sending me a link to the skills/personality test, which I took and submitted. I did not hear back from them for a few weeks, so sent an email asking about what would happen next and the HR manager told me they were in the process of hiring new Development Directors and definitely wanted to stay in touch, but needed to finish that process before continuing hiring associates. It has now been another 2 months and I have not heard back, so I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Research in February 2012.

I first had a phone-screen, which was laid back and easy. I was interviewed by two development directors who were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    No, this is an entry level job and you are among peers with the same compensation structure. If you got an offer, you were selected out of a large pool. I would not recommend trying to negotiate if this is your first job out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a weekinterviewed at Hanover Research in July 2010.

Very professional and quick turnaround for decision making.

Development Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hanover Research in April 2011.

There was a phone screen with HR, and then I was invited to an in-person interview where I spoke with a few Development Directors

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working in a team environment or indvidually?   Answer Question

I had the opportunity to visit both the downtown DC and Georgetown offices and was not impressed. Employees are all very young (shouldn't "researchers" have advanced degrees, and not just a group of 22-year olds googling research projects all day?), and the environment was very unprofessional. I overheard employees trading stories about their weekend and drunken escapades.

Seems like a good first job, one to pay the bills. This is definitely not a position that would lead a great path to grad school or internal advancement.