Hanover Research

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Interview

Solutions

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – Overall straightforward hiring process and it was done in less than 2 weeks. Company culture is great and work is not too hard. Would recommend the company to my peers.

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hanover Research in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was very impressed by Hanover's hiring and interview process. Hanover is a wonderful company with employees who truly care about research and hiring the right people for the role. However, keep in mind that it is VERY time-consuming (resume/cover letter, personality/IQ test, phone interview, mock research report, final in-person interview) - so only go through with it if you are very interested in Hanover!

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected during the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a higher starting salary, but they were able to add on a signing bonus.

Research Interview

Research

Interviewed at Hanover Research

Interview Details – After submitting the resume, then waited for two weeks before they sent me an assignment about a competitive profiling, and i wrote a report according to their request. then after two weeks, i received an on-site interview, then i got an offer

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you in five words.   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Development Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with HR - standard behavioral questions. Then with a Sr. Director with more specific sales questions and finally with the Chief Development Officer - who spent a lot of time grilling me and trying to throw me off

Interview Question – Sell me something in this room   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2014

Firstly, welcome to Hanover Research. We are thrilled that you appreciated the rigor of the interview process and accepted our offer. Secondly, as you know, in Sales, being able to respond in ... More

Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by a personality test, a writing assignment, and an on-site interview with two team leaders. The online test and assignment were ok. Two team leaders I talked to at the on-site, however, appeared extremely burnt out and uninterested. I found it very difficult to carry out an intelligent and in-depth conversation with them.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions concerning academic work and past research experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company offered horrible pay and I could not buy into the research methodology applied there.

Jun 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you seemed to enjoy some parts of the process but I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the salary on offer and felt that the interviewers were less ... More

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern
Ballston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – I applied to Hanover in February - the process took two and a half months.

I think there's usually a phone interview, but I was referred so I didn't get that. The first task was a 3 page writing assignment. I had to make a profile of a company and use graphs and tables to display data. It didn't take too long and I had a week to do it.

Next I was invited to go to their Ballston office to interview. I met 3 people -- one associate and two managers. Each interview was basically the same, partially behavioral and partially going into detail about my experiences and why I wanted the job.

The process took a while, though they were interviewing a lot of people, so that's natural. It was about 2 weeks after the interviews that I got the offer.

Interview Question – The only difficult part was the writing assignment, the interviews were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the salary as it was very generous for an internship.

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Hanover Research.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with an initial screening to ensure that you are actually interested in the company. Make sure that you understand exactly what it is that they do. They also want to know where you see yourself developing professionally since this company is very big on employee retention.

Interview Question – How is your education relevant to the work that we do?   View Answer

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern

Interviewed at Hanover Research

Interview Details – Met them through campus recruiting, very friendly and helpful. Submitted my resume and writing sample through online portal. Heard back in 2-3 weeks for additional documents and finally called in for an interview. Simple behavioral questions, nothing too technical. Overall seemed like a fun and engaging place to work in!

Interview Question – Nothing too technical, all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hanover Research in February 2014.

Interview Details – Completed online assessment and was contacted for phone interview. Phone interview very casual and basic, as others have noted.

Interview Question – When asked what my salary expectations were, I said 40 would be fair, considering my master's degree. Maybe that's why I didn't get an offer? Or I just wasn't impressive enough. Anyway, I thought the interview went well and was expecting to move to the next stage, but I didn't.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback on your experience interviewing at Hanover Research. I can assure you that hiring decisions are not made based on salary requirements. If this had been an issue ... More

Development Director Interview

Development Director

Interview Details – Straight forward sales interview. Process is fair and a large number of candidates are considered for the Development/Sales role. Competitive process seeking out top talent. Robust recruiting function.

Worked for Hanover Research? Contribute to the Community!