Hanson's

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hanson's

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hanson's in November 2014.

I applied online and took a week for some one to contact me came in for an interview and was,very nervous but at the same time wanted to think about a job they ask you questions regarding a personality test and also give you an iq test as well then they call you in for an interview it was few people in there and was ok offer the position but the offer was and the job description is not something I liked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you experience a problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hanson's in September 2014.

Interviewing for a sales representative you will be called in to take an assessment at one of their computer terminals which will ask you a bunch of personality type questions. " What answer most describes you","what answer least describes you". Then you will take an IQ test which is under 20 questions and its basic math skills. After that you will be interviewed, if you have had good sales experience in the past or have extensive experience in the construction industry they will pretty much offer you a job on the spot and show you around the building. If you haven't had much sales experience they will want you to validate how you can be a fit for the position. The possibility to make over 100k a year is there. Most people will get discouraged though because it will take about a month or two to start seeing the money come in.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can sell 1 million dollars a year to make 115k for yourself?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation about salary. You will get a 500 dollar sign on bonus after completing their 2 week training. Then you will recieve 400 dollar a week draw. which you be deducted out of your commision check at the beginning of each month. Commissions range from 4-15 percent. The average commission is 10% on your sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in May 2012.

Brought me into the interview room while 2 other salespersons hung out and chit chatted. Didn't ask me any probing questions. Anytime I tried to tell him about myself, he cut me off. Immediately began explaining the hours and compensation (speaking at break-neck speed). Instantly offered me a job without knowing anything about me.

Interview Questions

This place is clearly a meat grinder. They'll hire anyone willing to drive to appointments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in March 2012.

Obviously the interview process was way to easy, they're always hiring, they'll hire anyone who is willing to spend their own money on chasing down down junk garbage leads.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt ask any hard questions because they just want you to goto work for them, they used to offer a training pay but no longer do.   Answer Question
    I would keep looking if you want a real job this is a meat market grind house.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in January 2012.

I first to a personality and skills test on a computer and then went into a room to be interviewed by the branch manager and a senior sales rep. We began talking about sports and then I answered questions about my previous job experiences. They asked me of my expectations of Hansons and explained my earning potential. It was very low key. I was immediately hired.

Interview Questions
    I was only able to negotiate my start date. It was commission based and the pay was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in January 2012.

Sales manager was not untruthful about the position. I think he did not understand the training compensation as he was correcte by his supervisor on a second visit to the company offfice. Also, the first week you do not get paid at all and have to spend a week in a hotel with a roomate and attend class for 9 hours and they do not feed you.

Interview Questions
    No Run from this company it is a siren call and you will be another spaghetti noodle thrown up against the wall to see if you will stick

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hanson's in August 2011.

Worst interview ever. Wanted resume but said resumes were a bunch of B.S. Very unprofessional...even used the F word during it. Appears that they mass hire and see who sticks. Sales are independent contractors. They will give you draw pay but you have to pay it back if you do not stay 6 months. If sales are the heart of the business and these are their policies, it is shamefull. Anyone who is willing to drive 60 miles to their appointment, work crazy hours and pass the tests is hired and sent to training.

Interview Questions

I am a hard worker who expects respect. Anyone that goes on about the B.S. of a resume and uses a lot of profanity when interviewing certainly throws us a red flag. 1099 status shows they don't give a hoot about their field people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in May 2010.

Just stop into a satelite office and request an application. First step you have to take a Personality Test on a computer depending on the results of the test if your were given an on the spot interview with the Sales Manger. If you failed the Personality Test then No Interview would be given and not hired.

No Negotiation

Don't Fall Into the Hype that you are going to make alot of money possible 6-figures is false. Expect only 20-30k. You will write many deals and the customer gets financed turned down because of credit so you make zero money and drive all over creation.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in May 2009.

Hanson's had a "Job Fair" with about 30 potential employees. They asked the participants to break into 3 group depending on the job they wanted sales, canvassing or customer service. I went into sales and was given a personality test that I Was told "meant nothing" It does however; unless you score inspriational motivational or persuasive you are automatically not hired, this happened to one of the people in my group. After that I had an interview with the sales manager and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave my current job.   View Answer
    No negootiation as the position is comission based

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hanson's in March 2007.

Although the interview process was lengthy, it was worth it. I've never worked for a company that valued their employees so much.

Interview Questions
    You always have wiggle room