Hantz Financial Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hantz Financial Services

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

I got to know the company from an employee referral. The interview process was quick and they asked you fairly basic questions. The interview process is not that difficult but you have to consider if this company really fits you.

Interview Questions

• What can you say about your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

Interview with company recruiter, manager, upper management. The interview process is not difficult but company expects too much of employees for salary offer. Benefits are poor. Not most professional company.

Salary too low.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First interview was a breeze, just talk about yourself basically. Second interview, the vice president wants to hear that you dont know the answers even if you do. He told me he'd rather hire someone dumb over someone smart. He basically just wants to hear that he is all knowing and you know nothing. Third, experience a half day. You see the phone room (where you will work your first yr) and then also see what you could do after working there for 5 yrs. None of the people on the phone know what they are talking about while cold calling. What I learned is that if you are willing to pretend to know nothing, sit on the phones, and willing to learn nothing for at least a yr, you can do well here.

Interview Questions

This is not what I wanted in a company.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, though the recruiter doesn't even have experience in the field, so that can make it hard for the prospect to ask questions because the recruiter doesn't even know. Beware of the Job Shadowing they don't show you how they cold call through the phone. Its a smoking mirror, and very clique staff

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Southfield, MI).

Interview

I applied online twice and was called in a few weeks later for an interview. The interview was easy but the position was not worth taking. the company seems to value their employees below their customers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on key with the position and the interview   Answer Question

Low pay and 52 hour weeks

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume to Hantz Group during a career fair. Received a call for an interview fairly quick. The interview was not very difficult, and was only about 20-30 minutes. I was only asked a handful of questions about myself, which were typical interview questions..., tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weaknesses, and so on. From there, the interviewer spent a decent amount of time talking about Hantz Group, it was a little sales pitchy like some of the other reviews have mentioned. Sounded a little rehearsed or scripted to some extent, but wasn't too over the top either so. The interviewer either provided vague answers or didn't have the answer to most of my questions regarding the specifics of the position. Overall, I was not super impressed with the interviewers responses. The biggest issue I see with this company is that their business model is to sell the same financial services the wealth use to the middle class. Well, the middle class does not have the same amount of disposable income the wealth has, so in order for that to be a successful model, they either require a high volume of clients, or need to reduce their own expenses. This kind of follows suit with a lot of the reviews for this company....long hours, low pay. Not to mention I have never heard of an accountant being paid based off of billable hours as some of the reviews have stated. If I hear back from them, this is an area that I will make sure they spell out, as in my experience there is a difference between actual hours you put in vs. hours billed to the client. Overall, I was not super impressed with this company, they didn't really provide enough answers to my questions for me to even form an opinion, which speaks for itself. No offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services (Grandville, MI).

Interview

The interviewer was very rude and asked some questions that I felt were too personal. Tried to belittle me as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Quizzed me on random questions like itemized deductions and 1099s   Answer Question

Internship, paid minimum wage, had to work up to 60 hrs/week

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

Interview Process was extremely weird, felt more like I was doing the interviewing. They try to sell you on a job instead of making you point out your strong suits.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

At first, it started with a meet and greet. Then I did a general interview with a recruiters nothing was difficult, all the questions are on the web. The second one was with the SVP. He spent about 1 hour talking about the company and the nature of the work. The third time I spent a half day with one of the financial consultants to see how the day looks like with the Hantz group. He spent about an hour at the end asking me why I want to work with the Hantz and telling me if I am welling to work from 8 - 8 Mon through Thur, Fri from 8-5, and Sat from 9-12!! Finally, I received a call from the SVP, he asked me if it is something that I want to do?? I said give an offer to think about this, how can I decide without knowing how much I will be payed ?? They spent 3 weeks, and then I received a letter in my mail box saying that they are sorry and I will not be hired as they found someone more qualified than me!!

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview

E-mail recruiter my resume and heard back within 48 hours requesting an interview. First interview was with recruiter, they gave a overview of hantz and talked about how to be a successful FA. Called to then set up an interview with VP but the position didn't seem like a good fit so I turned down the offer.