Hantz Financial Services Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

The interviewer was very rude and asked some questions that I felt were too personal. Tried to belittle me as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Quizzed me on random questions like itemized deductions and 1099s   Answer Question

Internship, paid minimum wage, had to work up to 60 hrs/week

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview Process was extremely weird, felt more like I was doing the interviewing. They try to sell you on a job instead of making you point out your strong suits.

Financial Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

At first, it started with a meet and greet. Then I did a general interview with a recruiters nothing was difficult, all the questions are on the web. The second one was with the SVP. He spent about 1 hour talking about the company and the nature of the work. The third time I spent a half day with one of the financial consultants to see how the day looks like with the Hantz group. He spent about an hour at the end asking me why I want to work with the Hantz and telling me if I am welling to work from 8 - 8 Mon through Thur, Fri from 8-5, and Sat from 9-12!!

Finally, I received a call from the SVP, he asked me if it is something that I want to do?? I said give an offer to think about this, how can I decide without knowing how much I will be payed ??

They spent 3 weeks, and then I received a letter in my mail box saying that they are sorry and I will not be hired as they found someone more qualified than me!!

Financial Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

E-mail recruiter my resume and heard back within 48 hours requesting an interview. First interview was with recruiter, they gave a overview of hantz and talked about how to be a successful FA. Called to then set up an interview with VP but the position didn't seem like a good fit so I turned down the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in February 2009.

Emailed resume and received a call from HR within a week with a short interview.
    One week later had a 30min interview with Sr. VP and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Be prepared you will be working long hours but ask a lot of questions and make sure you get what they say in writing because that all change for me when I started working there. They gave a dream world in the interview not reality. Make sure you fully understand the benefits and the requirements of time above and beyound the regular 8-8 hours.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one. They were trying to sell me on the company.   Answer Question
    I needed the job so there was not a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in June 2011.

Found out about Hantz financial through a college career fair. They initially called and did a phone interview, then I came in for a 1 on 1 with a senior vice president. The employees seem very satisfied and they have a great culture.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, compensation is based on a commision draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in June 2008.

I had a great experience because I got hired, only to find out that I was lied to in the interview and that the company has a huge turnover rate because of the terrible work environment.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you expect to make in 5 years   View Answer
    None, you will be selling your soul for signing a contract with the hantz group

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in May 2011.

I was referred by one of their current employees. I sent in my resume and they called me later that day. They asked if I could come in for a group interview (which turned out to be two people) the next day. I accepted. When I walked into the office, the employees looked like they didn't want to be there (maybe because it was only Tuesday). I waited for 20 minutes in their lobby for the manager to come out and get me. We went to an empty office where they explained what they did and their history. They only asked me questions about my resume and that was it. I asked them more questions than they asked me. They responded by telling me there is no room for growth and they don't do anything outside of work with co-workers.

Interview Questions

Their Staff Accountants work M-TH 8-6, Friday 8-5, and EVERY Saturday 9-12.
    Better yet, they offered me something so low, that I could work as a manager at Walmart and make just as much. They low-ball you like no other. The lady who offered me the job on the phone was extremely rude after I wanted to negotiate the salary. This company treats their employees like crap!

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in April 2011.

The interview was pretty simple just your average questions you would get at any interview. The interviewer was very good and gives a good prespective about the industry.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hantz Financial Services

Worked for Hantz Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!