Hantz Financial Services

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hantz Financial Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

I applied online twice and was called in a few weeks later for an interview. The interview was easy but the position was not worth taking. the company seems to value their employees below their customers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were on key with the position and the interview   Answer Question

Low pay and 52 hour weeks

Staff Accountant Interview

interviewed at Hantz Financial Services in September 2014.

Submitted my resume to Hantz Group during a career fair. Received a call for an interview fairly quick. The interview was not very difficult, and was only about 20-30 minutes. I was only asked a handful of questions about myself, which were typical interview questions..., tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weaknesses, and so on.

From there, the interviewer spent a decent amount of time talking about Hantz Group, it was a little sales pitchy like some of the other reviews have mentioned. Sounded a little rehearsed or scripted to some extent, but wasn't too over the top either so.

The interviewer either provided vague answers or didn't have the answer to most of my questions regarding the specifics of the position. Overall, I was not super impressed with the interviewers responses.

The biggest issue I see with this company is that their business model is to sell the same financial services the wealth use to the middle class. Well, the middle class does not have the same amount of disposable income the wealth has, so in order for that to be a successful model, they either require a high volume of clients, or need to reduce their own expenses.

This kind of follows suit with a lot of the reviews for this company....long hours, low pay. Not to mention I have never heard of an accountant being paid based off of billable hours as some of the reviews have stated. If I hear back from them, this is an area that I will make sure they spell out, as in my experience there is a difference between actual hours you put in vs. hours billed to the client.

Overall, I was not super impressed with this company, they didn't really provide enough answers to my questions for me to even form an opinion, which speaks for itself.

No offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

The interviewer was very rude and asked some questions that I felt were too personal. Tried to belittle me as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Quizzed me on random questions like itemized deductions and 1099s   Answer Question

Internship, paid minimum wage, had to work up to 60 hrs/week

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

Interview Process was extremely weird, felt more like I was doing the interviewing. They try to sell you on a job instead of making you point out your strong suits.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

At first, it started with a meet and greet. Then I did a general interview with a recruiters nothing was difficult, all the questions are on the web. The second one was with the SVP. He spent about 1 hour talking about the company and the nature of the work. The third time I spent a half day with one of the financial consultants to see how the day looks like with the Hantz group. He spent about an hour at the end asking me why I want to work with the Hantz and telling me if I am welling to work from 8 - 8 Mon through Thur, Fri from 8-5, and Sat from 9-12!!

Finally, I received a call from the SVP, he asked me if it is something that I want to do?? I said give an offer to think about this, how can I decide without knowing how much I will be payed ??

They spent 3 weeks, and then I received a letter in my mail box saying that they are sorry and I will not be hired as they found someone more qualified than me!!

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hantz Financial Services.

E-mail recruiter my resume and heard back within 48 hours requesting an interview. First interview was with recruiter, they gave a overview of hantz and talked about how to be a successful FA. Called to then set up an interview with VP but the position didn't seem like a good fit so I turned down the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Be prepared you will be working long hours but ask a lot of questions and make sure you get what they say in writing because that all change for me when I started working there. They gave a dream world in the interview not reality. Make sure you fully understand the benefits and the requirements of time above and beyound the regular 8-8 hours.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one. They were trying to sell me on the company.   Answer Question
    I needed the job so there was not a negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hantz Financial Services in June 2011.

Found out about Hantz financial through a college career fair. They initially called and did a phone interview, then I came in for a 1 on 1 with a senior vice president. The employees seem very satisfied and they have a great culture.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, compensation is based on a commision draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hantz Financial Services in May 2011.

I was referred by one of their current employees. I sent in my resume and they called me later that day. They asked if I could come in for a group interview (which turned out to be two people) the next day. I accepted. When I walked into the office, the employees looked like they didn't want to be there (maybe because it was only Tuesday). I waited for 20 minutes in their lobby for the manager to come out and get me. We went to an empty office where they explained what they did and their history. They only asked me questions about my resume and that was it. I asked them more questions than they asked me. They responded by telling me there is no room for growth and they don't do anything outside of work with co-workers.

Interview Questions

Their Staff Accountants work M-TH 8-6, Friday 8-5, and EVERY Saturday 9-12.
    Better yet, they offered me something so low, that I could work as a manager at Walmart and make just as much. They low-ball you like no other. The lady who offered me the job on the phone was extremely rude after I wanted to negotiate the salary. This company treats their employees like crap!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hantz Financial Services in April 2011.

The interview was pretty simple just your average questions you would get at any interview. The interviewer was very good and gives a good prespective about the industry.