Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

I actually didn't apply to harbor Freight I was recruited after listening to all the great opportunities the company provides and huge growth opportunity I decided talk with the store manager that interview was only about 30 minutes covering the the daily duties I would be doing around the store then a second interview with setup with the district manager. This was more in depth asking about how I reacted to certain situations but not too hard if you're skilled in this area. I did take the position and I'm looking forward to helping this company build a profitable store and a customer focus team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when employee was difficult   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you had to increase productivity without increasing headcount   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Recruited after an online application submission and had a brief phone interview with the recruiter. A formal interview was then scheduled with the District Manager, after which followed a background check and a drug test. Then a start date was given.

Interview Questions

• None. All were task and customer service related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Danvers, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is all online. Very quick process depending on the hiring manager. One phone interview followed by a personal interview. Standardized interview questions. Must pass background check but it is very vague. No drug screen required. Level of training is dependent on the store management. Computerized training now for standard procedures. Rest is trained by experienced employee or manager. Typical training is a couple days of process training followed by being thrown into it and you sink or swim.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you now know about this position, why will you be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is pointless. Unless you are going for Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager your pay level is set and experience doesnt matter. ASM and SM you have very little room for negotiating; we're talking cents not dollars.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in December 2010.

Interview

Very through via phone interview. Many of the standard questions but many unusual as well quite possibly madr up one the fly. Gave a clear picture of the position and its expectations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely long. I initially applied at the end of november. As the month of January was coming to an end, I began to lose hope. Suddenly, I was finally contacted by a recruiter from Harbor Freight Tools by February 2, 2011. Then it took an addional 3 weeks to go through the interview phase.

Store Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in August 2010.

Interview

30 minutes with the store manager and 15 minutes with the DM who happened to be in the store

Interview Questions

• there wasn't one difficult or unexpected question asked. It felt like they were reading from a script....oooops, they were !!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations....here's what we're offering....do you accept ???