Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Recruited after an online application submission and had a brief phone interview with the recruiter. A formal interview was then scheduled with the District Manager, after which followed a background check and a drug test. Then a start date was given.

Interview Questions
  • None. All were task and customer service related questions.   Answer Question
No room for negotiation at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in September 2011.

Hiring process is all online. Very quick process depending on the hiring manager. One phone interview followed by a personal interview. Standardized interview questions. Must pass background check but it is very vague. No drug screen required. Level of training is dependent on the store management. Computerized training now for standard procedures. Rest is trained by experienced employee or manager. Typical training is a couple days of process training followed by being thrown into it and you sink or swim.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what you now know about this position, why will you be successful?   Answer Question
    Negotiating is pointless. Unless you are going for Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager your pay level is set and experience doesnt matter. ASM and SM you have very little room for negotiating; we're talking cents not dollars.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in December 2010.

Very through via phone interview. Many of the standard questions but many unusual as well quite possibly madr up one the fly. Gave a clear picture of the position and its expectations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in February 2011.

The hiring process was extremely long. I initially applied at the end of november. As the month of January was coming to an end, I began to lose hope. Suddenly, I was finally contacted by a recruiter from Harbor Freight Tools by February 2, 2011. Then it took an addional 3 weeks to go through the interview phase.

Store Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in August 2010.

30 minutes with the store manager and 15 minutes with the DM who happened to be in the store

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't one difficult or unexpected question asked. It felt like they were reading from a script....oooops, they were !!!   Answer Question
    no negotiations....here's what we're offering....do you accept ???