Harbor Freight Tools

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

easy going atmosphere store manager laid back back ground check took for ever no negotiating phone interview with recruiter and interview with store manager then with district manager not much else to the interview nothing special just took a long time to get hired on

none

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Anything less than Store Manager is a joke. This company has such a high turnover that the only real requirement is a warm body. Go in, talk about being a hard worker and tell the interviewer you don't mind working at 6AM or staying til 3AM and the job is yours. SM interviews have a bit of substance to them but are still easy. My interview was more of a sit there and listen with an occasional interaction with the interviewer. No brainer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation considered. They gave me a flat rate and said this is it, nothing more take it or leave it.

Other Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

online was a bit of a glitch but the support was awesome and helpful, fast and understanding.

The online app lets you upload a resume but fails to pull information for your app correctly so you end up writing the same thing up to 3 times in different spots I would have preferred a one stop show application

The fact that they use an outside company for things is a little shaky and you end up with multiple logins and passwords and codes

Room for improvement for sure and would definitely prefer and in how solution

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary went smooth and fast   View Answer
    there was no negotiation unfortunately I would had preferred a few extra cents on my pay :-)

Assistant Head Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

I was called within a few days of posting my resume. I went in for interview and only the basic question asked. Qualifications? Why wanted job? Background? What people thought of me? After interview went home and three/four days later got an offer letter in email.

No negotiations did not even know what was going to make until filling out paperwork to start work.

Assistant Head Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in October 2014.

I'll start out by saying that I also applied for the Head Cashier position. Was called yesterday and went on interview today. Position at interview was for part time cashier and at 8.00 per hour, but the assistant head would be available soon "most likely", and I had a chance to move up. There seems to be a pattern here, based on the reviews. Interview lasted less than 5 mins. I am the one who ended it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in October 2014.

There was no interview for me. Just got asked to work there and was told to just do the application online and wait for an email.No drug test only the background check and application online was simple.

Interview Questions
    An email with the position and rate of pay asking if you accept the offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in September 2014.

This whole thing was frustrating. I got a call for an interview and was told to call back between certain times. So I did. I got hung up on, transferred to hold for 30 minutes, hung up on again, and then told the person wasn't there. I called again each day until I got an interview. The interview went well, I was told they wanted to hire me, and then they didn't.

Retail Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in September 2014.

Interview was scheduled within 24 hours of initial phone call. Interview was extremely laid-back and comfortable. No hard questions, I didn't have to know specifics about the product(s). My gender and previous education/experience with tools didn't matter and that was surprising. I thought I would have to go through a training course of some kind but I did not.
    *After you start the orientation program isn't very thorough, nobody even told me we had a break room. I guess that could change based on your coworkers though. Also my store manager has told me the orientation program has been updated and is more thorough as of recently.*

They only had to wait on the background check, which was to be expected. Emplohed and started work within 1 week of interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

straight forward, asks the important questions to get the information that shows the skills that are important to the job. Friendly and they explain the processes and what is expected in the job.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

I was asked where I currently work and if I still wanted this job. I think they care more about your background check. I have only had one job interview that was easier, only because I never had to interview, they just hired me.

Interview Questions
    • I applied for a specific postilion online, when I went to accept the job, it was not what I applied for.   Answer Question