Harbor Freight Tools Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.0

Assistant Head Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

I was called within a few days of posting my resume. I went in for interview and only the basic question asked. Qualifications? Why wanted job? Background? What people thought of me? After interview went home and three/four days later got an offer letter in email.

No negotiations did not even know what was going to make until filling out paperwork to start work.

Assistant Head Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in October 2014.

I'll start out by saying that I also applied for the Head Cashier position. Was called yesterday and went on interview today. Position at interview was for part time cashier and at 8.00 per hour, but the assistant head would be available soon "most likely", and I had a chance to move up. There seems to be a pattern here, based on the reviews. Interview lasted less than 5 mins. I am the one who ended it.

Assistant Manager Interview

straight forward, asks the important questions to get the information that shows the skills that are important to the job. Friendly and they explain the processes and what is expected in the job.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

I was asked where I currently work and if I still wanted this job. I think they care more about your background check. I have only had one job interview that was easier, only because I never had to interview, they just hired me.

Interview Questions
    • I applied for a specific postilion online, when I went to accept the job, it was not what I applied for.   Answer Question

Customer Experience ASM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in August 2014.

As a current employee this promotion was an internal process. Met with SM then met with DM. Discussed job parameters as well as customer service protocols. If like me you are a current employee unless you have a supervisor title currently do not expect to land this one as it prioritizes experience and seniority.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but difficulties would include knowing all 5 priorities of store.   Answer Question
    Some room for negotiation but mostly depends on exp.

Head Cashier Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Only had to go through one quick interview to get original cashier position, was very easy and asked general questions. In order to get a management position you must interview with the store manager and district manager. They base a lot on how you can sell yourself, because you need to be able to sell their warranties and inside track club.

Interview Questions
    • The manager will explain our extended service protection, and Inside Track Club membership briefly. They will then ask you to sell them one to see if you can be a good salesperson.   Answer Question
    They will not negotiate pay when you start out as a cashier or sales floor personnel.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Hiring process pretty quick. Application online, phone interviews with recruiter. In person interviews with District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources Regional Manager. Offer came quickly after interview process was concluded.

Merchandiser Interview

Nothing too difficult. Probably the easiest interview I've ever had, I wasn't even asked any questions regarding my experience with tools which was good because I had none at the time.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Got called in for an interview after I put in my app online.(Took about 3 days) interview last about 20 mins. Manager showed me around and asked me questions on what I would do. He told me the corporation will email when ready or not. Been about 4 weeks now and nothing!!

Interview Questions
    • If u had to take these boxes down and rearrange them, how will u do it??   View Answer

Senior Supply Chain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in May 2014.

I had initial communication from an HR Recruiter over the phone. I had several conversations with him and then proceeded to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I next had an on site interview at corporate, which lasted around 8 hours. It was with 10 different managers, that lasted around 30-45 min each. They said I would hear from someone in a week and still to this day I have not gotten a phone call, email or letter with any feedback.