Harbor Freight Tools Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.0

GM Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Too long. Company takes too long to actually make a decision

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

The company is good to work for, they only have one interview before offering you the job. However, they will only give you part time hours, will send you home early if sales are down and push hard for the up sales.

no negotiation phase

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in April 2014.

I was stood up 3 times during the interview process in which the hr manager was supposed to call me and did not, finally during the interview I was informed that the candidates had alreay been chosen but since the interview was strong I could expect to hear back for a 2pac interview. That was 2 months ago, I still have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Recruited after an online application submission and had a brief phone interview with the recruiter. A formal interview was then scheduled with the District Manager, after which followed a background check and a drug test. Then a start date was given.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were task and customer service related questions.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation at the time.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Multiple rounds of interviews - starting with the actual people you will be working with (good questions). Last round will be with Sr. management, where the worst questions come from - they do not even know the answers themselves!

Interview Questions
    We negotiated for a salary, and when I started they said the bonuses make up the rest of the salary (I was shorted considerably).

Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2014.

They ask you about your work experience, what your goals are, why you're a good fit

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

laid back and cool, manager was a nice guy, so was the assistant manager. they hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • it's an easy interview, don't sweat it. questions are very basic and demands are basic too, the usual stuff like staying drug free, being able to lift a few pounds, etc. but the interview is deceiving. you will be interviewed for a position in sales, or on cash register, but when you get hired will be sent to work 3am shifts or overnight shifts in the warehouse because no one wants those jobs at the rate they pay, so they hire as "sales" then assign you the crap shift and if you don't like it they expect you to just quit and it's on to the next sucker that gets duped. there is a new person every week and someone is gone.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, 9 an hour.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2014.

Once they bring you in for an interview you'll feel pretty skeptical about it at first but the management is usually great, they don't ask you too many questions but try to see what you'll feel comfortable with working and tell you about the job and commissions you'll be able to make.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions in my opinion but if you're willing to work overnights then you're off to a great start.   Answer Question
    They tell you that starting you'll be making $9.00/hr with the possibility of earning commission there.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in February 2014.

Hiring process was not coordinated properly. Process for Phone and Skype interview took 3 months and no updates were provided by the recruiter. Recruiter could have been bit responsible in updating me with the status of the interview. Interview with the hiring manager was never on time. Had to reschedule a couple of times.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't face any difficult question, but I was informed that I am providing much information for the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in February 2014.

Interview was a very relaxed and professional process. I immediately felt part of the team the way everyone introduces themselves. Very motivated group of individuals working for this company. Made me want to jump right in and start immediately. This was the store on Walzem in San Antonio Tx. Very organized group!

Interview Questions
    • A question to be expected but can be difficult if you don't go into detail is your background in sales and availability. Be upfront and honest and you'll get the results you'd like from being straight.   View Answer
    • Take a walk around the store and get to know some of the merchandise. You'll see they have more than just tools   Answer Question