Harbor Freight Tools

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.0

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in July 2014.

Started with a phone interview with an HR representative and then a phone interview with a regional manager. Third step was a face to face with the regional manager. Interview was very focused on Leadership Style and how you delivered results. Needed to be prepared to give specific examples to back up what you were saying.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 qualities best describe your management style and why   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Nothing too difficult. Probably the easiest interview I've ever had, I wasn't even asked any questions regarding my experience with tools which was good because I had none at the time.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Got called in for an interview after I put in my app online.(Took about 3 days) interview last about 20 mins. Manager showed me around and asked me questions on what I would do. He told me the corporation will email when ready or not. Been about 4 weeks now and nothing!!

Interview Questions
    • If u had to take these boxes down and rearrange them, how will u do it??   View Answer

Senior Supply Chain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in May 2014.

I had initial communication from an HR Recruiter over the phone. I had several conversations with him and then proceeded to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I next had an on site interview at corporate, which lasted around 8 hours. It was with 10 different managers, that lasted around 30-45 min each. They said I would hear from someone in a week and still to this day I have not gotten a phone call, email or letter with any feedback.

GM Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Too long. Company takes too long to actually make a decision

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

The company is good to work for, they only have one interview before offering you the job. However, they will only give you part time hours, will send you home early if sales are down and push hard for the up sales.

no negotiation phase

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in April 2014.

I was stood up 3 times during the interview process in which the hr manager was supposed to call me and did not, finally during the interview I was informed that the candidates had alreay been chosen but since the interview was strong I could expect to hear back for a 2pac interview. That was 2 months ago, I still have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Recruited after an online application submission and had a brief phone interview with the recruiter. A formal interview was then scheduled with the District Manager, after which followed a background check and a drug test. Then a start date was given.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were task and customer service related questions.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation at the time.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Multiple rounds of interviews - starting with the actual people you will be working with (good questions). Last round will be with Sr. management, where the worst questions come from - they do not even know the answers themselves!

Interview Questions
    We negotiated for a salary, and when I started they said the bonuses make up the rest of the salary (I was shorted considerably).

Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2014.

They ask you about your work experience, what your goals are, why you're a good fit