Harbor Freight Tools Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Hiring process pretty quick. Application online, phone interviews with recruiter. In person interviews with District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources Regional Manager. Offer came quickly after interview process was concluded.

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Started with recruiter phone interview, then in-person interview with DM, then phone interview with Regional manager. All interviews were not behavior-based. They were task based, "what did you do in such and such a situation?"

Interview Questions
    • None. These were the most simplistic management questions I had ever been asked.   Answer Question
    None.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview was long but easy. Basic operations questions.

Took about a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in May 2013.

I was first interviewed by the district manager and then the regional VP. The DM was thorough and explained a lot about the job itself, got me interested. The Regional is one intense dude. Very smart, dynamic, and gives you more of a vision as to where the company has been and where it's going. You want to work for this guy. I was hooked after this discussion, but have to be honest, I was concerned that I would be able to keep up.

Interview Questions
    • "I can read your resume, tell me what I can't read, tell me why you will add immediate value to our team."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in August 2011.

The company called me after seeing my resume on line.
    We had a pleasent chat and was sent a personality test. I passed both.
    It took over a week for corp. to fine the manager to do a face to face interview.
    I had to send emails to see what was going on. Go the interview and thought it went pretty well.
    In fact as the conversations was going on I felt I knew more than he did. Several days went by and had to send an email to corp to follow up on the interview. It took a day to catch up with the manager and was told I did not have enough selling experence. We talked about basic retail questions. store maintance and some shop talk about different companys. He never asked me about my selling back ground. I only have 20+ years of selling. Wow. I am greatful for not getting the job. I still feel it was because I am an older female and he thought I could not do the lifting even though I have unloaded many a truck.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2011.

Very quick tell me about a time questions. 3 seprate interviews with sifferent DM. Several questions reguarding P&L's and staffing issues. What did you do and how would you do differently if you could do it over questions

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in November 2010.

For a store manager: Contact through recruiting department (phone interview), Level up supervisor/s interview/s (phone or person interview 1-2 hours), Background check and Offer Letter.

Interview Questions
    • No interview question will be difficult if you prep yourself they will ask a lot, just ask yourself very intense questions on how you changed or bettered your previous positions by challenges and successful goals. I can not stress enough about prepping for the interview with hard questions.   Answer Question
    Depends on where you are going to be working at, always let them know what your last salary was and what you expect from them to compensate towards moving further in your career. I always ask what the salary range is and go 8% less than the highest number. If they really want you they will cap you out without negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2010.

It will take no less than three interviews before you move forward, expect the process to take a month. Keep your eyes peeled in your inbox because the send you a bunch of stuff from weird domains, and you need to fill it all out. Interviewers have been known to waive credit requirements.

Interview Questions
    • It's all scripted. You can find the script on every job website on the planet.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It's a take it or leave it place.
    WOMEN WILL BE OFFERED LESS THAN MEN.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in June 2008.

recruited by head hunter who conducted 2 phone interviews then set up interview at the store

Interview Questions
    • usual questions about differing situations and how the issues were handled   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in August 2009.

The only way you can actually get be a store manager is to go through training modules as an Assistant Store Manager. It does take a long time to get a store. Most Regional Managers and District Managers would like to keep you in his region or district. That's the main reason it will take so long to get a store.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to relocate at your expense.   View Answer
    There is really no negotiation. You get paid as much as he will tells you.