Harbor Freight Tools Store Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Anything less than Store Manager is a joke. This company has such a high turnover that the only real requirement is a warm body. Go in, talk about being a hard worker and tell the interviewer you don't mind working at 6AM or staying til 3AM and the job is yours. SM interviews have a bit of substance to them but are still easy. My interview was more of a sit there and listen with an occasional interaction with the interviewer. No brainer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation considered. They gave me a flat rate and said this is it, nothing more take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Hiring process pretty quick. Application online, phone interviews with recruiter. In person interviews with District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources Regional Manager. Offer came quickly after interview process was concluded.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Started with recruiter phone interview, then in-person interview with DM, then phone interview with Regional manager. All interviews were not behavior-based. They were task based, "what did you do in such and such a situation?"

Interview Questions

• None. These were the most simplistic management questions I had ever been asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools.

Interview

Interview was long but easy. Basic operations questions.

Interview Questions

• Review p&l and identify opportunities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took about a week

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the district manager and then the regional VP. The DM was thorough and explained a lot about the job itself, got me interested. The Regional is one intense dude. Very smart, dynamic, and gives you more of a vision as to where the company has been and where it's going. You want to work for this guy. I was hooked after this discussion, but have to be honest, I was concerned that I would be able to keep up.

Interview Questions

• "I can read your resume, tell me what I can't read, tell me why you will add immediate value to our team."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

The company called me after seeing my resume on line. We had a pleasent chat and was sent a personality test. I passed both. It took over a week for corp. to fine the manager to do a face to face interview. I had to send emails to see what was going on. Go the interview and thought it went pretty well. In fact as the conversations was going on I felt I knew more than he did. Several days went by and had to send an email to corp to follow up on the interview. It took a day to catch up with the manager and was told I did not have enough selling experence. We talked about basic retail questions. store maintance and some shop talk about different companys. He never asked me about my selling back ground. I only have 20+ years of selling. Wow. I am greatful for not getting the job. I still feel it was because I am an older female and he thought I could not do the lifting even though I have unloaded many a truck.

Interview Questions

• what is your background?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell a exstended warranity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Knoxville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

If I get an interview I have to find away to directly contact their HR department instead of going to the web sites. One HR director I contacted ask me if her assistant contacted me because she ststed that we tried to contact you but you never pick up your phone. I told her I always have my phone on me and pick up all calls. seems that they lied to me about that. I was interviewed on the phone and weeded out fast. even though I had 12 years of real great work history and skills.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick tell me about a time questions. 3 seprate interviews with sifferent DM. Several questions reguarding P&L's and staffing issues. What did you do and how would you do differently if you could do it over questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Fresno, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

For a store manager: Contact through recruiting department (phone interview), Level up supervisor/s interview/s (phone or person interview 1-2 hours), Background check and Offer Letter.

Interview Questions

• No interview question will be difficult if you prep yourself they will ask a lot, just ask yourself very intense questions on how you changed or bettered your previous positions by challenges and successful goals. I can not stress enough about prepping for the interview with hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on where you are going to be working at, always let them know what your last salary was and what you expect from them to compensate towards moving further in your career. I always ask what the salary range is and go 8% less than the highest number. If they really want you they will cap you out without negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harbor Freight Tools (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

It will take no less than three interviews before you move forward, expect the process to take a month. Keep your eyes peeled in your inbox because the send you a bunch of stuff from weird domains, and you need to fill it all out. Interviewers have been known to waive credit requirements.

Interview Questions

• It's all scripted. You can find the script on every job website on the planet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It's a take it or leave it place. WOMEN WILL BE OFFERED LESS THAN MEN.