Hard Rock International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hard Rock International (Kailua Kona, HI).

Interview

I walked into Hard Rock Cafe, filled out a basic application and met with one of the Assistant General Managers. He asked me basic questions about why I wanted to work for Hard Rock, previous employment and personal questions (what are your hobbies, favorite band, etc). He then referred me to the General Manager who hired me on the spot. I am not sure if that happens normally, but I feel like I came in when they really needed a new server.
    A few days later I went into Hard Rock and was seated at a dinner table with another new hire server. We were served dinner - about 3 different dinner plates. The manager went over the description of each item and we ate. Afterwards we were given our training schedules, uniforms, and training manuals. We were told to study food items and store policies before arriving for our first training shifts.
    Training was strenuous and long. It lasts for 7 days and depending on how well you do, they might offer more at the end. Each training shift starts earlier than the serving shift where the trainer (a seasoned server) goes through what you will be concentrating on that day. They quiz you to make sure you have studied (make sure you know your food items before your shift!). Throughout the shift you are to follow the server and assist when needed. They will quiz you throughout the shift. During break or after the shift you are allowed to choose menu items to try for free. This is the best part of training. When I trained the trainer and I each chose an appetizer, entree and dessert. I am not sure if they allow you to do this anymore. At the end of the shift you are to meet with one of the managers and they quiz you again and ask if the shift went well and the trainer helped you learn menu items, policies, etc.
    On day 5 and 6 you will have begin to take tables on your own. Hopefully you will have a good trainer, as some might not trust you with their tables (tips). Just be sure to respect their section and make sure to cover all bases. You have plenty of opportunities after training to go off on your own and put your own spin on things, so take advantage of training and begin by practicing by the book. On day 7 you will take the entire section and your trainer will shadow you. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Who is ___ of [this band]?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Interview

Pretty laid back considering its renown as a great chain restaurant. Would interview with again. I'd have to say it was nice not having to hassle with much while the process was happening since it was a pretty good one for all things considered being that it was an interview. Interesting facts were talked about and cool questions discussed. Overall it was a very positive experience yep.

VIP Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hard Rock International (Hollywood, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a panel Interview. Everyone was nice. Great setting and very quick.. There were 3 HR recruiters. One of the people who applied was already a staff there. She got the position as well as a guy who worked in Vegas. They tell you on the spot if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but they got a little fun and asked you to perform your favorite artist...   Answer Question

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Interview

I first applied on their website under careers section. I then went to open interviews held on Tuesday's at 4p.m. There you are asked about your previous experiences and for a current resume. If they like you at open interviews they invite you back for another interview that Friday with Department Manager who then screens you before they send you to see the President of the Department. The President of the Department then tells you if you're hired or not. If hired, you fill out paper work and take a drug test. Once everything clears you have a three day orientation before you start the real work.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very easy and they are always hiring. It almost feels like a hiring factory. The reason is there is a very high turn over due to the high amount of stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did the wrong thing and how did you handle it going forward?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hard Rock International in June 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 20 people and they had us introduce ourselves and come up with one word that describes you. After the introductions they called on some potential employees and asked them further questions. The process took about 30 minutes and we were told that we would get a decision sent to our email.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult at all, typical questions. tell us what position you are here for and a little bit about your previous jobs   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hard Rock International (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Testing and a face to face discussion. Employment history verification. Proof to work in U.S. References are checked. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite. Particularly in Excel, Outlook, and Word. Waste of time. They are not in any hurry to actively place applicants.

Interview Questions

This is a staffing agency. They do not return calls. Most positions they have requisitions for are already filled. I would not waste any time working with them.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hard Rock International (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It took me 3 years of applying to finally get an interview. This is expected since so many people apply. The interview process was fairly easy, just tell them what they want to hear and your in, but there is a drug test. Its a mouth swab and easy to pass.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is fairly quick. You have an initial interview with HR and then a formal interview with your Manager/Director.

Interview Questions

• There were no unepected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much negotiation. What they offered was the best they could do.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hard Rock International (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a 20 minute group interview in front of a panel of middle/upper management. The interview included introductions, your favorite band, and answering a customer service related question.

I was called back for a one-on-one interview with the hotel manager and one other person (not sure of her title). Standard questions regarding experience and customer service scenarios were asked.

Interview Questions

• All relatively standard questions. Be sure to have answers to questions that are "tell me about a time...".
      -...when you dealt with a difficult guest and what you did to rectify the situation
      -...when you went above a guest's expectations

1 Answer