Harding Loevner Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harding Loevner

Portfolio Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harding Loevner (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

All behavioral, no technical. You will meet five or six people and they will ask fairly standard questions. Everyone was very nice but be polished. Very professional. Interviews are about 30 minutes each. Expect one to two site visits and be ready to speak about your personal interests. If you can do that well it's a plus.

Interview Questions

Trade Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harding Loevner (Somerville, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview Process: The process included an overall of 5 different interviews from both the trading department, the HR recruiter, and a random associate. It began with the HR recruiter reviewing my background, talking about the firm and the position, and reviewing generalities. Then it proceeded with the a back to back interview from individuals within the trading department. The first interview was with the main hiring manager, responsible for execution trading. He reviewed both my educational and work experiences. Nothing detailed, but more of a "tell me about yourself and what you did". The second interview involved the manager responsible for all the technical areas within trading (responsible for the Trading systems), which was very fast and very easy. Again this was more like, describe what you did at your last work experience. The third interview was with the head of the trading department. He was very detailed and thorough with my resume. He asked me to explain my entire background and work experiences. A lot of "tell me exactly what you did and how did you go by doing it". My resume indicated I was fluent in a language, so they brought in a Research Associate who was fluent in the same language to test my abilities. The interview ended with the HR recruiter following up with me and seeing how the process went. The entire interview took about 5 hours Advice: Make sure you know everything in your resume, and do not add any "skills" which you are not confident in being asked about or even tested (i.e. language skills). Overall Impressions of the firm: The firm's philosophy is "long duration, high quality growth" which is paralleled in their firm's culture. This is a small firm (~ 50 employees), most are older and have worked in the industry for some time. A lot of experienced and intelligent individuals here. Requires a lot of initiative and enterprenurial spirit from new hires. This firm is overall, very plain vanilla (specialize in international equities, including emerging & frontier mkts.)

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked with a difficult group member, how and what did you do? If you could go back, would you change anything?   Answer Question