Hardware Resources

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hardware Resources

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hardware Resources in May 2010.

My interview experience was the same as the other poster, however I also had a substantive interview with the owner. There was a lot of mention about me having a child, which made me uncomfortable. Further research on jobvent.com confirmed that this company struggles with allowing employees a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

Discovered many employees are dissatisfied with their jobs.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hardware Resources in October 2009.

You were sent a personality test first online. Immediately after finishing it; I was sent another email. I had a favorable review on the personality test so I was to take a skills and IQ test (3 hours) which was also online.
    After finishing that within minutes I received a phone call for a phone interview.
    The next week I was called to go to a conference center with a television monitor to have a 2:1 interview over the monitor/ I could see them; they could see me and we could hear each other.
    This time only the President spoke. He didn't ask to many questions.. nothing difficut.
    After this was over I was called a couple of days later to fly to the office in Tennesee for a ride along one day with one of the sales reps. The following day I had a face to face interview with the President and HR rep.
    I was offered the position that day.
    No difficult questions at the interview.. I believe that is because you have answered most in your 3 hour test which in addition to skills, IQ, also has behavioral and asks questions about what you would do when put in a certain position in making a sale. It asks a good bit about work ethic..

Interview Questions
    • My current sales rep in your area is horrible; what makes you think you can do better.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It is stated up front what the pay is. Basically, they want you to work a good 60 hours a week. .Be careful though.. the salary and expenses promised are not what they are made out to be. They give you your car allowance first.. then when the salary check comes; it has the car allowance deducted from it. Same with any commissions earned. Plus they don't tell you that out of your commission check is deducted all sorts of fees such as shipping from CHINA!
    The actual pay is not what it appears on the surface. They do take your car allowance and all expenses that they reimburse you for OUT of your salary when it comes. Because of this.. you are paying taxes on income twice.. they are paying it none.
    example: salary (ill use 48K because easier numbers for example. car allowance $650/month plus expenses.
    you get: $650 plus hotel expenses etc. lets say hotel etc for month is $350 so you get a check for $1000 for expenses.
    Then you get your salary check which is using the 48K would be 4K per month.. however, you will receive 4000 minus the thousand they gave you for car allowance and expenses minus all taxes, etc. minus your portion of health insurance. so really, you are not getting a car allowance or any expenses for hotel or meals (but they require you to be out in them) however, since they paid you the check for $1000 you are paying taxes on it but you also paid for it out of your pocket. So really it should be a tax deduction for you.. but you dont get to take it because your check shows you got paid for it. You are not making as much as they indicate.
    Interview easy; but 2nd online test.. difficult