Harkins Theatre

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.2

Playcenter Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in September 2012.

I interviewed after applying in person. I had an interview with two managers. They called me and offered me the job. I went back for training which lasted 1 day. The training was videos that you had to watch. They then trained me in person for 2 weeks to teach how to close the playcenter, check kids in, etc.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre.

I filled out a physical application and turned it in. I called in to follow up but couldn't get through. I only got an interview when I found out the SM was a cousin of a lady I went to church with, who asked him to give me an interview and he was kind enough to oblige. The interview itself was very easy, took me upstairs to the conference room, I was out very soon after.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, just wanted to make sure I understood the basic requirements of the job and then told me to come back for training a week later. Once you get an interview you pretty much have the job.   Answer Question
    None

Team Member Interview

Interviewing process is VERY simple. Just go in like you want the job and have an open availability, basic math skills, fun personality, sound confident in your answers, and you should be fine. Simple interview. Good choice for a first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in May 2013.

I applied on a thursday and was called for an interview the following thursday after a couple over the phone questions to receive eligibility and was asked basic questions to see more personality. I'm naturally spirited so I think that's why the interview process was much quicker and flowy.

None.

Team Member Interview

i applied in person. i got a call for an interview, and it was dumb, they asked questions about current movies and why should i hire you, blah blah blah

Team Member/Usher/Concessions/Box Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in November 2010.

They give you an individual interview and then call you in for a group interview if they like you. Then you watch a bunch of really cheesy videos and start training etc. Super easy.

No negotiation.

Team Member Interview

one interview and got a call back

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in December 2009.

Turn in physical app to the building of choice, wait for a call back, get an interview and go to said interview. Come well dressed and arrive 15 minutes early. The rest depends on who the person is you are talking to in the interview. Just be confident and do not come in with sneakers and a polo shirt on.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in July 2012.

To start off, the manager asked me to tell him about myself. After that, he explained to me how the interview would go from there and then immediately asked me what I knew about Harkins Theatres. From there he asked me to describe my previous position and if I had any experience in cash handling and inventory. Asked me to define "professionalism" and "integrity". Then he explained the positions, how the promotions work, and all the benefits. Then he asked if I had any questions, I asked him a few and the interview was over. It was about an hour long and he was very professional. We then set up the phone interview with the district manager and I left.

Interview Questions
    • How did you previously handle an employee who was difficult to keep on task?   Answer Question
    No negotiating, you start at $9.50 and it is based on your performance and tests to advance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in November 2009.

The interviews consisted of an SM, SM and GM, and DM interview. There were a lot of questions involved, but I can't remember what they were. Basically, you need to know how to handle difficult customer/employee situations. If you don't mind the pay, then you'll be set with a job that you might like.

Interview Questions

Worked for Harkins Theatre? Contribute to the Community!