Harkins Theatre

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on a thursday and was called for an interview the following thursday after a couple over the phone questions to receive eligibility and was asked basic questions to see more personality. I'm naturally spirited so I think that's why the interview process was much quicker and flowy.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone had a screaming baby?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviewed at Harkins Theatre

Interview Details – i applied in person. i got a call for an interview, and it was dumb, they asked questions about current movies and why should i hire you, blah blah blah

Team Member/Usher/Concessions/Box Office Interview

Team Member/Usher/Concessions/Box Office
Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in November 2010.

Interview Details – They give you an individual interview and then call you in for a group interview if they like you. Then you watch a bunch of really cheesy videos and start training etc. Super easy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at a movie theatre?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Harkins Theatre

Interview Details – one interview and got a call back

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in December 2009.

Interview Details – Turn in physical app to the building of choice, wait for a call back, get an interview and go to said interview. Come well dressed and arrive 15 minutes early. The rest depends on who the person is you are talking to in the interview. Just be confident and do not come in with sneakers and a polo shirt on.

Interview Question – No difficult Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in July 2012.

Interview Details – To start off, the manager asked me to tell him about myself. After that, he explained to me how the interview would go from there and then immediately asked me what I knew about Harkins Theatres. From there he asked me to describe my previous position and if I had any experience in cash handling and inventory. Asked me to define "professionalism" and "integrity". Then he explained the positions, how the promotions work, and all the benefits. Then he asked if I had any questions, I asked him a few and the interview was over. It was about an hour long and he was very professional. We then set up the phone interview with the district manager and I left.

Interview Question – How did you previously handle an employee who was difficult to keep on task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, you start at $9.50 and it is based on your performance and tests to advance.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interviews consisted of an SM, SM and GM, and DM interview. There were a lot of questions involved, but I can't remember what they were. Basically, you need to know how to handle difficult customer/employee situations. If you don't mind the pay, then you'll be set with a job that you might like.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Gilbert, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in June 2010.

Interview Details – Took very long to get a call for an interview. Several basic questions.

Interview Questions

Self Employed Interview

Self Employed
Casa Grande, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Harkins Theatre in January 2008.

Interview Details – Was self employed for most of my working years. A farmer and rancher starting with very little and building into a very productive working operation. Now retired looking for part time employment too help keep myself occupied

Interview Question – Asked by loan officer at my bank on yearly reviews of opperating loan. How are conditions for repayment?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harkins Theatre.

Interview Details – I applied a week before they called me for an interview. Asked me if I had any visual tattoos or piercings and when I said no, they scheduled me for the next day. I waited like 20 minutes because they were interviewing a lot of people. The manager took me to a bench outside an auditorium and went through my application. Asked me basic questions and seemed really friendly and genuine. After the interview they hired me on the spot and gave me a date to come back for training.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest came up to you and told you that the volume in an auditorium was too high?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Harkins Theatre? Contribute to the Community!