Harland Clarke

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director of Budgeting and Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harland Clarke in March 2010.

Probably one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. First let me say that in my 20 year career, I have had 4 job changes and no more than 2 interviews for each position before I had an offer. My point is that I interview really well and have a typical corporate image.

So, I interview with the corporate VP of FP&A and he informed me that he had 5 minutes and that I was lucky because most people do not get to see him for that long because he is a very busy person. After a few minutes of chit chat, he tells me that he is the "Alpha Dog" and how would I feel about that. He explained how he ran things and that although "I could do doubt do the job" that I would have to work for him. I explained that I got over titles, etc. a long time ago and was just looking for an opportunity to join and grow with a large company in San Antonio. He then asked where I lived and after I told him he commented, " well, you must have made some money somewhere!"

Needless to say, I did not get an offer...lol.

Interview Questions