Harland Clarke

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Support Specialist Interview

Client Support Specialist
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harland Clarke in February 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was originally done by an outsourced Temp agency, ADECCO. the interview was ok, but it took them longer than they said to ge me the job.

Interview Question – The temp agency just took my information and applied to Harland Clarke for me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Harland Clarke

Interview Details – Very cordial.
Interview process was elaborate.

1. Tested problem solving with arrays
2. Tested data structures and OOPS
3. Technical questions on the relevant platform
4. Design patterns

The interview is usually has 2-3 rounds of technical and problem solving questions. Good communication skills is a must. Be prepared with the basics.

Interview Question – Questions related to data structures (binary trees/linked lists)   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harland Clarke in August 2009.

Interview Details – The internal job posting website is helpful in providing details on the requirement of the position as well as providing opportunities for internal advancement. I found that the interview process was tedious and lacking in communication and gives little to no preparation time for internal applicants. Also, most management team members are not neutral with their decisions to the persons they are interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Sales and Service Interview

Customer Sales and Service
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harland Clarke in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hired through previous company name, Protocol after a year as a contractor.

Negotiation Details – Apathetic

Director Interview

Director
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harland Clarke in November 2009.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, it was pretty simple. We talked about my past and current experience and why I wanted to Join the Harland Clarke team. After passing that I went down for a face to face interview and upon passing that I took their testing. Once that was completed we talked about salary and bonus. It all went fairly quickly, about a 2 week process total. Oganized process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change industries / companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight up, open and honest.

Intern Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Harland Clarke in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and non intimidating. I enjoyed it

Interview Question – Questions were basic. How can you help harland clarke? What are you good at? etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – College

Client Service Specialist Interview

Decatur, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harland Clarke in June 2011.

Interview Details – It's a diverse company to work for that uses the standard Star format to interview. Usually there is a three interiew process with manager, HR and someone on the team you will be working with.

Interview Question – I don't think there have been any difficult questions in past interviews. As long as you can keep several past experiences ready for autoplay in your head you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not on an executive level so the usual offer was not negotiable for me.

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Grapevine, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Harland Clarke in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a phone call 2 days later. I set up an interview. I met with the HR manager, and a team leader of some sort. They were friendly and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. After that interview I had to take a series of tests, which included an IQ/Intelligence test, a mechanical reasoning test and a personality assessment. I was told they would get back to me in a week, but they phoned me the very next day to offer me the job. I went up there the next day to discuss my job offer. I was told what the pay and benefits would be, and I was given information about taking the drug test, and permission for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experiences you've had working in groups.   Answer Question
  • Has there ever been a time when you were in a group, and one person was in a poor mood and bringing the group down. If so, how did you handle that person?   Answer Question

Customer Sales and Service Interview

Customer Sales and Service
San Antonio, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harland Clarke in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very structured and the supervisors seem pretty young.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – pretty much non-negotiable when discussing work schedules and pay.

Director of Budgeting and Reporting Interview

San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harland Clarke in March 2010.

Interview Details – Probably one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. First let me say that in my 20 year career, I have had 4 job changes and no more than 2 interviews for each position before I had an offer. My point is that I interview really well and have a typical corporate image.

So, I interview with the corporate VP of FP&A and he informed me that he had 5 minutes and that I was lucky because most people do not get to see him for that long because he is a very busy person. After a few minutes of chit chat, he tells me that he is the "Alpha Dog" and how would I feel about that. He explained how he ran things and that although "I could do doubt do the job" that I would have to work for him. I explained that I got over titles, etc. a long time ago and was just looking for an opportunity to join and grow with a large company in San Antonio. He then asked where I lived and after I told him he commented, " well, you must have made some money somewhere!"

Needless to say, I did not get an offer...lol.

Interview Question – Could I work there without being the "alpha dog"?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harland Clarke? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harland Clarke interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harland Clarke employees and interview candidates.