Harland Clarke Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.7

Customer Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly process. The company gets intouch with you in a timely manner as to weather you have the position. The interview process consists about three to four interviews sessions. Also there is a testing segment that is part interviewing process. I like that at he end of the interview they answer all questions openly.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you would be able to sit for long periods of time.   Answer Question

Interview

i was told 20 times it was a lot of work I took it meant overtime and didn't get hired because they thought I was wouldn't work enough but I thought they expected 60 hr work weeks. Eventually another interviewer clarified it but by that time I'm sure they eliminated me already

Interview Questions

• Will you work hard enough its a lot of work ,a lot of work, a lot of work....   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Harland Clarke in January 2014.

Interview

3 QUESTIONS that is all they asked.....didn't want to discuss anything else...they did walk around people if they liked them and introduced them to employees. then you had to wait to hear from HR

Interview Questions

• the ones that ask you to relate a similar situation that you have been involved in   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation....they told you what you would get ...no exceptions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very cordial.
    Interview process was elaborate.

1. Tested problem solving with arrays
    2. Tested data structures and OOPS
    3. Technical questions on the relevant platform
    4. Design patterns

The interview is usually has 2-3 rounds of technical and problem solving questions. Good communication skills is a must. Be prepared with the basics.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to data structures (binary trees/linked lists)   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harland Clarke (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process is relatively laid back. Starts over the phone then you go in for an office interview. You must also take a psych test at an independent testing facility before you are officiallly hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things on my resume   1 Answer

Workforce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harland Clarke (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

They used the star format. Situation, Task, Action, Result. I had to answer to each one. All interview questions had to be answered in the Star format. Needed to put alot of thought into each individual question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company offered no negotiation. It was only how the offered it.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring was originally done by an outsourced Temp agency, ADECCO. the interview was ok, but it took them longer than they said to ge me the job.

Interview Questions

• The temp agency just took my information and applied to Harland Clarke for me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Harland Clarke (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was simple and non intimidating. I enjoyed it

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic. How can you help harland clarke? What are you good at? etc   Answer Question

College

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harland Clarke (New Braunfels, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited via a cold call recruiting agency and told that I would be doing a phone interview with a specific person at a specific time, but that person never called. I had to call the recruiter to let them know and it took 3 days before someone finally called. I accepted the position at a higher pay rate; however, once I was hired on by the company as a full time employee, my pay rate was drastically reduced even though my responsibilities increased. I've never heard of companies doing that before.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harland Clarke (Grapevine, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone call 2 days later. I set up an interview. I met with the HR manager, and a team leader of some sort. They were friendly and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. After that interview I had to take a series of tests, which included an IQ/Intelligence test, a mechanical reasoning test and a personality assessment. I was told they would get back to me in a week, but they phoned me the very next day to offer me the job. I went up there the next day to discuss my job offer. I was told what the pay and benefits would be, and I was given information about taking the drug test, and permission for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experiences you've had working in groups.   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time when you were in a group, and one person was in a poor mood and bringing the group down. If so, how did you handle that person?   Answer Question