Harlem United Community Aids Center

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harlem United Community Aids Center

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The same as how it was described by the other person, it was very intensive. Many questions were asked there was a reassurance whether you were the person they wanted to hire or not. Both Managers were sincere and showed that they are willing to help everystep of the way when you are a part of their team.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask your Client to pay rent? Are you comfortable with asking?   Answer Question

BHS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center in August 2014.

Interview

I had a panel interview with clinical supervisors who were friendly and appeared very attentive to my responses. I felt comfortable asking questions because of their friendliness. The interview lasted about 45-60mins but it did not seem long because we were so engaged in our discussions of getting to know the agency and getting to know me as a candidate. Keep in mind that HR may take a while to process paperwork, background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Usually interviewers will tell you about the agency, but I was asked 'can you tell us what you know about the agency?' Do your research beforehand of course! And something along the lines of 'what can you contribute to HU?'   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Interview

Very long process. Formal interview followed by group conducted by staff and clients

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues with People afflicted with HIV/AIDS   Answer Question

Bilingual Clinical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very similar to other agencies doing the same work. 2 interviews 1 individual interview with HR and the second is a group interview where you meet the team you will work with and 2 clients.

Negotiation

No negotiation they offered said they could not do better due to their contracts.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

One phone interview, one interview with a program coordinator or managing director followed by panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you any different from someone else that applies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either accept the salary or not work there.

Manging Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

First Interview with the direct Supervisor. The second interview consisted of a penal of officers.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. A specific salary was demanded on take it or leave it basis and was asscepted.

Manging Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harlem United Community Aids Center in March 2010.

Interview

The process can be lengthy and can take a few months

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 Years/   1 Answer