Harley-Davidson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

Marketing Manager, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

A recruiter contacted me and did a screening phone call. I was then brought in for an interview with two employees and brought back to meet with the GM of the business. The questions in the first interview were written on a document and left little time for a back and forth discussion -seemed relatively task specific, like boxes were being checked off. Was limited time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • With the GM, there were questions about philosophies vs tasks, which I appreciate as tasks can be taught but approach and attitude have a significant impact on performance.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

You will be interviewed by a group of engineers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in April 2014.

Applied online; contacted less than 24 hrs for interview. In person interview with manager and sales/finance manager the day after the call. 2nd round interview 2 days later with GM- filled out paperwork on the spot and asked when I was available to start. Process took less than 1 week. Very laid back, and everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding resume and why you want to work for Harley   Answer Question
    Benefits, vacation time, and commission. Interesting commission structure- paid for everything you do to make connections with, and follow up with, potential customers.

Fit Specialist Interview

Applied online, contacted the next morning for an interview. First in person interview was about background and why I wanted to be in sales. Called for second round and filled out paperwork to become employed.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing to overcome was the fact that I didn't have much sales or motorcycle experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Had in person interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions
    • a question about my SAP experience, which I don't have   View Answer

Development Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

People all nice but follow up communication not very good. Seems to take a long time to decide on anything.

Interview Questions
    • Team scripted interviews that do not vary. Does not give you a chance to show case skills.   Answer Question

Rentals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

Very straight-forward interview and application process with low stress. 1-1 Interview with manager and supervisor. Filled out application and was scheduled for an interview next day. I even had lunch with them.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

I went to the Career Fair at my school. Recieved a plant tour and an interview in Kansas City, MO. I was notified a few weeks later stating that I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How does ergonomics affect the workplace?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Applied through PA CareerLink. They then held a "job fair" for anyone that they felt would be a good fit for the position. This fair consisted of a personality profile, a one on one interview, and a technical test. At some point there was a drug test and also a physical.

Interview Questions
    • Gave us a diagram and pile of parts and asked us to build the piece under 15 minutes.   Answer Question

Casual Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in February 2014.

Extensive testing process (3 months) including physical testing, 32 hours of timed on-line testing at facility, which you must pass with at least 80% to be hired. I would suggest you be very familiar with HD products, and be willing to be patient to get the call to be hired. Professional and friendly HR dept. once you are accepted in the program. I took the test for machinist, so other positions may require less testing, but still, it is not easy-be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Timed testing was stressful, but they want to make sure you know the basics, and I imagine it "weeds out" those who can't be on time, are not that sharp with math/assembly/comprehension, but not overly hard, just tedious. No real face to face contact until you are called in for testing-applied on-line and contacted by phone to begin testing.   Answer Question
    Pay rate was set-no negotiation

Worked for Harley-Davidson? Contribute to the Community!