Harley-Davidson

Very Easy Interview

Rentals Interview

Rentals
Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very straight-forward interview and application process with low stress. 1-1 Interview with manager and supervisor. Filled out application and was scheduled for an interview next day. I even had lunch with them.

Fit Specialist Interview

Fit Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted the next morning for an interview. First in person interview was about background and why I wanted to be in sales. Called for second round and filled out paperwork to become employed.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing to overcome was the fact that I didn't have much sales or motorcycle experience.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

Independent Contractor

Interviewed at Harley-Davidson

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by a group of engineers

Interview Question – What do you do for fun   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

Interview Details – Applied online; contacted less than 24 hrs for interview. In person interview with manager and sales/finance manager the day after the call. 2nd round interview 2 days later with GM- filled out paperwork on the spot and asked when I was available to start. Process took less than 1 week. Very laid back, and everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Questions regarding resume and why you want to work for Harley   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Benefits, vacation time, and commission. Interesting commission structure- paid for everything you do to make connections with, and follow up with, potential customers.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Marketing Project Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview process, everyone was very friendly. There were no trick questions or anything out of the ordinary. They definitely value people who have experience in the automotive industry but I do not feel it is a pre-requisite

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Development Purchasing Analyst Interview

Development Purchasing Analyst
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

Interview Details – People all nice but follow up communication not very good. Seems to take a long time to decide on anything.

Interview Question – Team scripted interviews that do not vary. Does not give you a chance to show case skills.   Answer Question

Casual Production Technician Interview

Casual Production Technician
Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harley-Davidson in February 2014.

Interview Details – Extensive testing process (3 months) including physical testing, 32 hours of timed on-line testing at facility, which you must pass with at least 80% to be hired. I would suggest you be very familiar with HD products, and be willing to be patient to get the call to be hired. Professional and friendly HR dept. once you are accepted in the program. I took the test for machinist, so other positions may require less testing, but still, it is not easy-be prepared.

Interview Question – Timed testing was stressful, but they want to make sure you know the basics, and I imagine it "weeds out" those who can't be on time, are not that sharp with math/assembly/comprehension, but not overly hard, just tedious. No real face to face contact until you are called in for testing-applied on-line and contacted by phone to begin testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay rate was set-no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Interview Details – Had in person interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Question – a question about my SAP experience, which I don't have   View Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Interview Details – I went to the Career Fair at my school. Recieved a plant tour and an interview in Kansas City, MO. I was notified a few weeks later stating that I got the offer.

Interview Question – How does ergonomics affect the workplace?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Laborer Interview

Laborer
York, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Interview Details – Applied through PA CareerLink. They then held a "job fair" for anyone that they felt would be a good fit for the position. This fair consisted of a personality profile, a one on one interview, and a technical test. At some point there was a drug test and also a physical.

Interview Question – Gave us a diagram and pile of parts and asked us to build the piece under 15 minutes.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harley-Davidson? Contribute to the Community!

Harley-Davidson Videos

Harley-Davidson – Why Work for Us?

Harley-Davidson Motor Company is an American manufacturer of motorcycles based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We simply would not be where we are today if it were not for the passion of our employees. A career at… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harley-Davidson interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harley-Davidson employees and interview candidates.