Harley-Davidson

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Applied through my school. Interviewed on campus for first round. First round interview was with two members of their HR staff. They gave a overview of the position and asked how my experiences would apply to the position. Also asked some behavioral questions. Second round interview takes place at their headquarters.

Director Interview

Recruiter for Harley-Davidson was not well organized or reliable. It was unclear if the recruiter was an employee of Harley or under contract. Would call me and then not get back to me for days. Didn't really understand much about the role he was recruiting me for. My suspicions were that the job wasn't big enough, but it took weeks to arrive at that conclusion because the recruiter made the job to sound bigger than it really was.

Could not agree on salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harley-Davidson in October 2014.

The whole process took about 3 weeks - I got an on-campus interview with a manager and HR. Following by a office interview with a panel of 4 people. The office visit was really nice - I got to see the museum, the office, and had a good chat with people from the company.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions for both the on-campus and office interview, based on past experience and personal interest.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They provided housing if you are not local.

Marketing Manager, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harley-Davidson.

A recruiter contacted me and did a screening phone call. I was then brought in for an interview with two employees and brought back to meet with the GM of the business. The questions in the first interview were written on a document and left little time for a back and forth discussion -seemed relatively task specific, like boxes were being checked off. Was limited time for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • With the GM, there were questions about philosophies vs tasks, which I appreciate as tasks can be taught but approach and attitude have a significant impact on performance.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

You will be interviewed by a group of engineers

Fit Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harley-Davidson in April 2014.

Applied online, contacted the next morning for an interview. First in person interview was about background and why I wanted to be in sales. Called for second round and filled out paperwork to become employed.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing to overcome was the fact that I didn't have much sales or motorcycle experience.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Applied online; contacted less than 24 hrs for interview. In person interview with manager and sales/finance manager the day after the call. 2nd round interview 2 days later with GM- filled out paperwork on the spot and asked when I was available to start. Process took less than 1 week. Very laid back, and everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding resume and why you want to work for Harley   Answer Question
    Benefits, vacation time, and commission. Interesting commission structure- paid for everything you do to make connections with, and follow up with, potential customers.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Harley-Davidson.

Had in person interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions
    • a question about my SAP experience, which I don't have   View Answer

Development Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

People all nice but follow up communication not very good. Seems to take a long time to decide on anything.

Interview Questions
    • Team scripted interviews that do not vary. Does not give you a chance to show case skills.   Answer Question

Rentals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harley-Davidson in March 2014.

Very straight-forward interview and application process with low stress. 1-1 Interview with manager and supervisor. Filled out application and was scheduled for an interview next day. I even had lunch with them.