Harmon Discount

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Harmon Discount in March 2012.

Interview Details – had a phone interview then went in for a face to face which took 20 mins. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – If you worked retail before they ask you the standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Cashier/Stock

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Harmon Discount in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with an assistant manager after applying online. It lasted about 5 minutes with questions about my work experience, skills, and positive attributes. After the interview, I was introduced to the store manager and told they would call me within the next few days to work out my schedule.

Interview Question – "What are some reasons we should hire you?"   Answer Question

Cashier/Stock

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harmon Discount in June 2009.

Interview Details – as long as you have a somewhat flexible schedule and a ride there everyday, they will hire you

Interview Question – literally only asked if I had a reliable ride there everyday.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harmon Discount in August 2013.

Interview Details – applied in person and received a call back for in person interview.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. what makes you a great candidtate to work for the company   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Clifton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harmon Discount in May 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application in the store for a sales associate position. I got called for an interview with the store manager, but she wasn't there that day so I had the interview with one of the assistant managers. He was really easy going and asking the usual questions. I then got a call that I got the job about a week later.

Interview Question – Why Harmons?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Raritan, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Harmon Discount in October 2008.

Interview Details – My friend worked there first, I needed a job and he said he'd talk to his manager and get me an application. I applied and got called back to set up an interview. I went for the interview took a test, got medium/high risk but got hired anyway.

Interview Question – Do you prefer working alone or in a team?   View Answer

Green Brook, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harmon Discount in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice. The first time was by an assistant manager who seemed very interested in hiring me. I never received a call back, so I inquired again about the job. Within the next couple days, I got another interview with the store manager. Both managers whom I dealt with were welcoming and seemed respectful of their employees. I was basically hired on the spot and was scheduled for the next week. The atmosphere may seem a bit cold at first, but after working there for a few days it isn't bad.

Interview Question – What would you say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harmon Discount in December 2008.

Interview Details – In the beginning I wasn't sure if they would return my phone call, but they did. I met with the recruiter at their corporate office in N.J., and everything went well. I later met with the district manager, as well as the general manager for that particular location. Followed the company's procedure and policy regarding new hires, and began working within 4 weeks of being offered the position.

Interview Question – Are you looking for a long term employer?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harmon Discount? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harmon Discount interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harmon Discount employees and interview candidates.