Harmon Discount Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harmon Discount

Cashier/Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harmon Discount in July 2014.

Applied online at snagajob.com. Was called in for a interview 2 weeks later. First interview with manager then another interview with another manager and was offer the job. Filled out paperwork immediately.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harmon Discount in August 2013.

applied in person and received a call back for in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. what makes you a great candidtate to work for the company   Answer Question

Cashier/Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harmon Discount in January 2013.

I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with an assistant manager after applying online. It lasted about 5 minutes with questions about my work experience, skills, and positive attributes. After the interview, I was introduced to the store manager and told they would call me within the next few days to work out my schedule.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harmon Discount in March 2012.

had a phone interview then went in for a face to face which took 20 mins. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you worked retail before they ask you the standard questions.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harmon Discount in May 2011.

I filled out an application in the store for a sales associate position. I got called for an interview with the store manager, but she wasn't there that day so I had the interview with one of the assistant managers. He was really easy going and asking the usual questions. I then got a call that I got the job about a week later.

there is no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harmon Discount in June 2009.

I was interviewed twice. The first time was by an assistant manager who seemed very interested in hiring me. I never received a call back, so I inquired again about the job. Within the next couple days, I got another interview with the store manager. Both managers whom I dealt with were welcoming and seemed respectful of their employees. I was basically hired on the spot and was scheduled for the next week. The atmosphere may seem a bit cold at first, but after working there for a few days it isn't bad.

Cashier/Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harmon Discount in June 2009.

as long as you have a somewhat flexible schedule and a ride there everyday, they will hire you

Interview Questions
    • literally only asked if I had a reliable ride there everyday.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harmon Discount in October 2008.

My friend worked there first, I needed a job and he said he'd talk to his manager and get me an application. I applied and got called back to set up an interview. I went for the interview took a test, got medium/high risk but got hired anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working alone or in a team?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harmon Discount in December 2008.

In the beginning I wasn't sure if they would return my phone call, but they did. I met with the recruiter at their corporate office in N.J., and everything went well. I later met with the district manager, as well as the general manager for that particular location. Followed the company's procedure and policy regarding new hires, and began working within 4 weeks of being offered the position.