Harmonic

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harmonic.

Interview Details – Preliminary interview with HR and 1 interview with Controller. Was professional, get introduced to the company. Office was nice, building has hi-tech feel and staff were stable. Good for people seeking to work there long-term. Could be hard to get in the door.

Interview Question – How to account for quarter end Bonus accrual?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

QA Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harmonic.

Interview Details – Directly onsite interview.
There are total 6 rounds, the former five people each person 30 minutes. The question was so easy even not to do programming. All about are testing problems.

However, the final person is a HR, who was mean person. She wanted to listen what she recognized the right answer, otherwise, she would ask you the same questions again and again until making you embarrased and nervous. She did not want to smile at all.

Interview Question – No.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I interviewed at Harmonic in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took two days on-site. 7 ~ 8 people. Questions are fair and easy. Most questions are about the c/C++ programming and operation systems.Interviewers are very polite and friendly; managers are very nice. Only one interviewer is scary that he asked some math questions that are hard to find a suitable answers; and he didn't give solutions at the end of interview.

Interview Question – The HR representative asked some tricky questions like "What is your weakness?"; "What is the most challenge project you've done before?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was not satisfied with the base salary but I didn't know how to negotiate that. I felt regretful even after I joined the company.

H/W Interview

H/W

Interviewed at Harmonic

Interview Details – ok overall

Interview Question – explore creative idea on system design   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no much, seems they know what to offer.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

Interviewed at Harmonic

Interview Details – No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.

Interview Question – No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.   Answer Question

Software Eng Interview

Software Eng

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Harmonic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Tech interveiws plus an HR interview.

Interview Question – Behavior questions.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harmonic in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very nice people, formal and easy interview process.

Interview Question – Be very technical.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Harmonic in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview from HR followed by in person interview by HR. Personal interviews with hiring manager and 5 team members (all day). After one month said job was not budgeted. 6 months later, job was posted again.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harmonic in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen
On-site Interview with 4-5 management/engineers

Interview Question – Nothing hard or beyond my skill level   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negoiated a bit on the salary. They met my requirements without much fuss.

QA Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harmonic in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the Hiring manager. For the onsite interview had 1:1 interviews with around 10 people from the team. Kept postponing the final decision on hiring for a month.
Finally had a phone interview with the Manager's boss and was told that they cannot make an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of a QA according to you ?   Answer Question
  • 9 balls problem - one of them is different. How will you find the different ball ?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harmonic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harmonic interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harmonic employees and interview candidates.