Harmons

Relevance Date Difficulty

Natural and Specialty Foods Manager Interview

Natural and Specialty Foods Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harmons in February 2013.

Interview Details – Every store-level job requires a group interview. People in these interviews are applying for every level of position (from bagger to manager). The questions are mostly intended to see how the applicants work around others. Also, several questions are begging applicants to stroke the company's ego. (Ex: What makes Harmons different? Why do you shop at Harmons?)

Interview Question – Which item is your favorite to buy at Harmons?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harmons in September 2010.

Interview Details – Application online. Phone call to schedule interview. Interview with a store director.

Interview Question – There was a personality test given that helped determine who would be hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Pricing Interview

Pricing
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Harmons in January 2009.

Interview Details – Anyone is welcome for an interview, experince is not required. They want a smiley face over competent skills. They get interviewed by HR but finial dicision is made by the store manager or the boss at the coporate.

Interview Question – Why do you choose Harmons?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harmons in December 2011.

Interview Details – The company called and had me come in for an initial group interview. When we first walked into the room, there was a math skills test. I was in a group of 4, and the interviewer asked questions. His plan was that if we wanted to answer we could, but answering was not mandatory. After asking the questions, he left the room to make the decision to who was coming back for 2nd interviews. He came back in a chose 2 of us, and we went straight into another room to wait for the 1 on 1 interview. This part was easy, as it was my time to shine. The lady asked basic questions, like availability, and then we did a role play about the bakery department. I was given a piece of paper with information about their products, and I had to sell the customer. I was then told I would get a call either way.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harmons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harmons interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harmons employees and interview candidates.