Harris Communications

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris Communications

BD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Communications in September 2009.

HR phone screen
    1 day of round robin style interview
    months of inaction and then informal communication with hiring manager
    still negotiating with HR.

Trainer Seminars Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro Sula (Honduras)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro Sula (Honduras)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Communications in March 2009.

This was a promotion although I did have to take a skills and psychometric. Made a feature presentation to management which lasted 30-minutes

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Communications in March 2009.

Given that this was a position as language instructor, I felt that each step was being measured and evaluated. From my initial email which asked me to submit a cover letter (I found out later it was used to evaluated my writing/ persuasion skills) to my teaching sample, knowldge testing, presentation / communications skills, it was a very complete and challenging process. Be prepared to back-up your statements with evidence. So if you are asked a technical question, for example, you will have to prove you know what you are talking about. Also, it is interesting that the meetings / interviews are in various locations throughout the building. You get an interesting view of the culture which appears to be goal orientated, communicative and engaged.

Interview Questions
    • So, you love teaching as I understand it, Yes? What better way than to show us than providing us with a teaching sample.   View Answer
    • You have real experience in grammer, as you have mentioned, yes? Can you tell me how you use the past perfect in reporting speech?   View Answer
    Pay grades are established. Hard to get a better deal at my level.