Harris Computer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Manager Interview

Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Manager
Tyler, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harris Computer in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. One with the vice president of business operations and the other with the technical support manager. This took over 2 months to complete.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. They were mostly about accounting and customer support.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Niagara Falls, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Computer in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was called for a skills assessment test and an in person interview. Test had questions on Data Structures and Databases. Interview was mostly HR with few basic C++ technical questions.

Interview Question – Design library management system.   View Answer

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Regional Sales Representative
Dover, NH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Computer in May 2008.

Interview Details – 1) Initial Phone Interview for initial qualification; 2) 1:1 Interview (explaining nature of postion) 3) Presentation on how I would solicit new clients (consisting of an introductory letter and proposal).

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would prospect for sales in this industry.   View Answer
  • How would your co-workers describe you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate the base salary (initially $50,000 for six months, then dropping to $40,000) or the commission (10% of gross sales up to quota, and increasing 15% after annual quota is achieved). During the interview process, I was told that I would be able to make up the difference in base salary through ongoing commissions. I tried to negotiate the base salary on the fact that the sales cycle is long (6 to 12 months). The interviewer explained that the sales cycle is really 3 to 6 months and was therefore not willing to negotiate. To make more, one must sell more. After nearly a year in this position, it is more realistic to say that the sales cycle is 6 to 12 months. I have sold several clients; however, the commission percentage and base salary still remain non-negotiable - even after subsequent discussions.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris Computer in January 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was really basic, just normal things such as what have you done in the past, skills and experiences, the best project you have worked on, and what your looking for.

The 1:1 interview onsite had no technical questions during my time, all I did is explain what I did in the past and how I did it. So we just did a conversation and got the offer on the same day which was better than all the offers I got lying on the table.

It is no longer like that anymore, the interview process sucks really hard right now. I am surprised at the technical questions you get now, they have nothing to do with the job and the person asking these questions doesn't even obide to those rules. All they do is get a recruiting book and pick a question from those books.

The HR explained about the bonus structure which was at that time 30% of your salary multiplied by company performance (which was around 50% at that time). That is pretty good, considering it isn't tied to your individual performance. As well, if you perform individually, you get merit pay which is around $5000 yearly. This is all changed now, you get way less now.

Since they have changed directions completely (after 4 years), The quality of employees they hire is not to par. They are just average developers that are just looking for a job to get paid. Not a job of excitement.

If you want a job that isn't stressful something like the government but private sector and retire there, then it might be great. But don't expect innovation nor talent.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult project you have worked?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more to be competitive with the local community and the matched it.

Worked for Harris Computer? Contribute to the Community!