Harris County Department of Education

Updated Jul 6, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris County Department of Education

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris County Department of Education.

Interview

The interview consisted of a question and answer format that allowed for your to share how you handle scenarios and to check your understanding/knowledge of different scenarios. There were two people in the room: one to take notes and one to share the questions.

Interview Questions

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris County Department of Education (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was standard and as expected. It included background checks, drug test, fingerprinting (standard for working in education). However, the process was fast-tracked to accommodate the tight turnaround time between the departing designer and my arrival. The interview was not standard. The director of the department was familiar with my work at my previous employer and, when I stated my interest in the position, she was delighted and immediately began the process of bringing me on board.

Negotiation

A little nerve-wracking, but these things usually are.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris County Department of Education (Houston, TX) in July 2007.

Interview

My initial interview was with two ladies in the Development Department and was more than an hour long. They were both very engaging and forthcoming about the position. They provided a detailed account about the daily responsibilities as well as the long-term goals for the position and the department. The first interview went well and I was called for a second interview with the dept. director. Somehow in a week's timeframe the department's goals had changed as well as a good portion of the position's responsibilities. I'm not sure if the position changed or if the ladies in the first interview failed to mention these key points. Since they they provided so much information, I'm guessing the former. Needless to say, I was thrown for a loop and the interview did not go well becuase I was prepared to speak on the information provided in the first interview. Actually, the position morphed into something I was not qualified to do nor interested in doing. Actually, a funny thing happend a year later. The company asked if I was still interested in working with them. Since my experience and chemistry with the director was not pleasant, I declined.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a project that involved other departments how would you keep each department updated on your progress?   Answer Question