Harris

Harris Electrical Engineer I Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer I Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris in April 2014.

First I got a phone call from one of the engineers as a basic interview. Which were your hardest classes, which were your easiest. What was the most difficult part of your project.

The next was an all day interview/ tour of their facilities. Fantastic! Started at head quarters then went to the other office that pertained to my hiring process. Met with the EM with a quick get to know you type interview. Then I took a tour with one of the engineers. I was able to see their labs. Next I went to lunch with another engineer and talked about some of the projects they worked on and what I've worked on.
When I got back I had a panel interview with four interviewers at once, it was not intimidating, very comfortable. Talked about my projects again, some of the challenges I've been through, looked at my transcripts, and why I chose that major.

Finally wrapped it up with the EM again and talked about my experience and how I felt on the process. Also, he talked about the way it would work after that. How I would hear back and what maybe to expect.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most creative way you fixed a problem on a project.   View Answer
I believe there is, however I was satisfied with the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris in September 2012.

The interview process began with a phone screening "pre-interview" where I was asked simple questions about myself such as "What were the most and least difficult classes taken in college, and why?" and "What about electrical engineering interests you the most?" That phone call lasted roughly ten minutes.

The next step was to schedule a time to come in for a physical interview. I received a phone call from HR to schedule the interview about one to two weeks after the initial screening phone call.

The interview began at 8 a.m. at their corporate headquarters in Melbourne where there were several other "newgrads" about to be interviewed as well. We were all given a brief overview of the employee benefits and the hiring process by several HR employees. They were very pleasant people and the atmosphere during this time was very relaxed. I was given an itinerary of my interview for the day which included who was going to interview me and at what time. This lasted until 9 a.m., at which time all the interviewees were told to drive to their respective interview locations about 10-15 minutes away (or stay where you are if you were interviewing for a position at headquarters).

Starting at 9:30 a.m. I was interviewed by a total of six engineers back-to-back in a one-on-one interview setting. All of the interviews lasted roughly 45 minutes with the exception of the interview with the engineering manager which was done during the lunch break where I was treated to a free meal. The lunch interview was very relaxed, felt more like he was just trying to get to know me, and lasted about 1 hr and 15 min. One of the interviewers took me on a tour of the labs where testing is done. The interview process ended at 2 p.m., for a total of six hours interviewing.

There were several technical questions I was asked to answer that pertained to the specific position for which I was being interviewed, so study up on the material beforehand that relates to the field of interest. However, the majority of the interview questions were pretty standard. I spent a good amount of time answering questions that related to past work experience, leadership positions, special projects of mine, why I believe I would be a fit for the company, and what my strengths and weaknesses are.

Overall this was a great interview process since I got to learn a lot about the position I was being interviewed for, allowing me to determine if this is something I would really want to do, and I got a good idea of what the work culture/atmosphere is like as well as the people I would be working with. I preferred the one-on-one approach taken.

Interview Questions
    • How do you match impedance on a transmission line to achieve maximum power transfer?   View Answer
    Salary, signing bonus, and relocation package were negotiable. The point of contact for this process was HR. Don't go too crazy on asking for more money, the initial offer was pretty good to begin with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris in December 2010.

Temporary assignment from another company out of state. Preferred new location, was given positive feedback from coworkers, but high level company planning eliminated the opportunity and included layoffs due to division buyout.

Not given any feedback on exact role or responsibilities, even if opportunity still existed would not take without full explanation of expected position, pay, or benefits. The existing situation needed to be changed and projects related to my area of expertise were poorly organized and full of opportunities for long term issues to surface and be problematic. No full understanding by leadership of the issues at hand so without modification was a risky venture.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris in October 2011.

I was on my college job fair and I showed my resume to the recruiter from Harris; we talked about the different openings available and what I could do on Harris as an electrical engineer. He liked the stuff on my resume and gave me an interview for the next day. On the next day he asked me about the different projects I had on my resume; the interview lasted about 45mins. He told me that within two months I would probably receive another interview via phone and if I pass that one, I would get invited to another interview (technical type) on the company. So, the hiring process "in my case" consists of three interviews: 1 on 1, phone, and technical on site.
    The first interview was about a week ago, so im still waiting...

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris in March 2009.

Had a phone screening with HR, then met in person with the hiring manager

no negotiation