Harris

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in July 2008.

Interview Details – The people at the company seemed very friendly. The interview was not overly intimidating and there were not many technical questions. Interviewers seemed to be interested in getting to know me as opposed to asking technical questions on the spot. Overall I enjoyed the process and felt that it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Question – How would you design and op-amp circuit that acts as an integrator?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position closer to home

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Harris in February 2011.

Interview Details – Talked to them at a college career fair, then called later that day to set up an interview for the following day. The people were very friendly but the person I interviewed with had only been working there for a couple of months so he couldn't tell me too much, although he did mention good salary and frequent pay raises (every 6 months).

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about group work and more about the projects I've done and how I contributed..   Answer Question
  • Some questions about extra-curricular activities (ie. what do you do outside of take classes)   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview that was 1:1, which was mainly talking about my coursework and current employment on campus. I was then invited to their Rochester location where I had 4 1:1 interviews with different types of engineers from different groups within the company. It was recent and I haven't heard back from them yet but I believe I will.

Interview Question – If I pass a filter with a finite amount of frequency components through a system and get out more frequency components than when I started, what can you say about the system?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Harris in February 2009.

Interview Details – phone behavioral interview. technical on site interview

Interview Question – what is thermo   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process substandard; HR slow to unresponsive
Most positions are "filled" prior to posting

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations you faced and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Why should we choose you to fill this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation: know salary range(s) prior to interview.

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!