Harris Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a callback to take the dosing test, which was really easy, then I got set up for the location that I wanted to work at. The interview is intimidating since two people were interviewing me and had a packet of questions. You are graded on how you answer the questions, which are mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone wasn't pulling their weight at work?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Health System.

Interview

When I was interviewed, I was sitting at a table of ten people. VERY intimidating and they ask you questions that make you nervous to answer. It's all about how much pressure you can handle. I did not have a problem with that.

Outreach Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX).

Interview

KGriff doesn't investigate well enough when conducting background checks. Just make sure you have everything!!! They will hassle you everyday, they will not do their actual job. The recruiter was nice and helpful, but nit so bright. I shoudl've taken her job instead, But still thankful for the opportunity to be given a chance to take the position.

Negotiation

Do you accept this offer. There was no negoitiation.

PCT I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The whole process was fast as far as the interview. Their background check process is lacking. The company they use is quite inefficient and I had to do a lot of the work for them as they couldn't find the information they needed until I directed them through their own processes. A bit troubling actually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Either yes or no.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System.

Interview

2 interviews. One with HR and the other with the Hiring Manager. Process takes two weeks to 30 days.

Interview Questions

Offers a lower starting pay than most companies in the same industry.

Field Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Health System in October 2013.

Interview

It takes about 6 weeks before they call you in for a face to face interview as its owned by the County, But they take their time. Please be advised to be there on Time also Dress good.

Interview Questions

• Past Jobs that you have done will be verified, Will ask a lot about your previous company's culture.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to Negotiate as much as i can, but does not happens pretty often as it depends on the role.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Give yourself time to arrive at least 15 minutes early. A brief and basic exam over pharmacotherapy is given before the actual interview. It consists of a clinical case that needs to be written up in the form of a SOAP note. Once done, a panel interview will occur that is administered by two operations managers and two pharmacy managers. Usual interview questions are asked concerning why you chose the career, why you left previous employer, how you handle certain situations, how you work in teams, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with insubordinate employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I drove from Austin, TX to Houston, TX on a Monday for my initial interview scheduled at 9AM. The interviewing Nurse Manager informed HR to tell me to return 2 days later (Wednesday). I was informed by HR that my interviewer was "busy". I offered to wait until the close of business for the interview. I was interviewed at 3:15 PM by the Nurse Manager.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Why are you moving from Austin to Houston, didn't you marry a doctor that once worked here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are given a rate of pay that is non-negotiable. You have the option to accept or declined the offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

It really helps to know someone from the inside. People get jobs based on who they know and not necessarily based on what they know or can bring to the organization.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Health System in August 2011.

Interview

Very Good Interview, did the first one at a Job Fair and second on with the nurse manager, i had a pleasant interview and got hired, no at all hard!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok