Harris IT Services

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Writer Interview

Norman, OK

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – A panel of team leads, IT and Engineering personnel conducted the interview. They began by asking my background experience and skills. They brought drawing samples and asked if I could navigate the drawings. Then they explained what they do at that location and what the salary was.

The team was very well mannered and professional and made me feel at ease during the entire process.

Interview Question – What could I do for the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because this was a federal contract position at Harris with the United States Post Office, negotian was not possible. Salaries and benefits are fixed under contract.

Network Associate A Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Harris IT Services.

Interview Details – Interview was somewhat grueling. I only did one interview until I got the position. During the interview, I received a lot of questions at the CCNA level and some at CCNP level. The majority of the questions were at layer 2 such as port security, STP, VTP, VLANs, switch fundamentals. At layer 3, TCP/IP fundamentals, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.

Please note I was already working for the company as Network technician. I had compete for the position in order to move up. There were about ten candidates that were interviewed for the position.

Interview Question – Questions regarding eBGP and iBGP fundamentals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done via email. I attempted to negotiate for a hire salary, but they wouldn't budge.

Communications Specialist Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – multiple interviews, to include work group and management chain; enables good understanding of culture and expectations, and even to test commute routes; typically one-on-one, so as not to be awkward; offer process a bit cumbersome

Interview Question – can you translate acronym-laced technical-speak into plain langugage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the commitment process was a bit cumbersome, as the offer package was slow to follow the verbal offer, likely due to in-depth background check requirements

Very Easy Interview

Server Administrator Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris IT Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was called given an interview about a week after initial contact. The security representative took my paperwork and let me into their office. Afterwards, I met with 2 managers - one for system engineers and the other for server administrators.

The managers brought me into the conference room and asked me questions about the information on my resume, along with the typical questions (why are you leaving, what was your experience with x,y,z, do you mind being on-call?).

After simple straightforward questions, I was out the door in about 10 minutes. One of the easiest interviews I have ever done.

I was given an offer. After accepting, I gave my two week notice. Unfortunately, they failed to tell me that I would not be allowed to start working until my security clearance paperwork had been transferred over. So whether that took 1 day, or 1 year, I would have been out of a job, waiting for the transfer.

Interview Question – None. All of the questions were simple, straightforward, and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I mentioned my current salary, and what I was looking for. I was offered a little bit more than what i was asking for.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services.

Interview Details – Consultant hire

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't negotiate

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris IT Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was all over the phone. At first I was very skeptical of the process- thought it was a scam. They didn't specify who we would be working for, only a start date and didn't give us a location until 2 days before we started. When speaking over the phone with them through the process, they asked technical questions like "Describe the size and shape of the end of a USB drive" or "What does a network cable (cat 5) look like?"

Interview Question – There were a couple of questions they asked relating to Active Directory or things I had yet to experience in my field that I didn't know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate. They offered 11.50 and I asked for 12.50 and got it.

IT Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris IT Services in November 2008.

Interview Details – I met with the Site Manager and his deputy. They were already familar with my skills and abilities. Questions centered around what my expectations were and how I would change certain areas that needed attention.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the offer was considerably more than I was currently earning.

Help Desk Interview

Boise, ID

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Harris IT Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Many calls from recruiter - one was a long call with a tech test he helped walked me through. Then big packets of paper work to fill out and send back. There were about six rounds of packets of paper work and scanning and e-mailing them back. Then the Project Manager came to town for an orientation.

Interview Question – What doesn't an LPT port look like.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was ale to negotiate $14 because I had some experience - the pay range was $13-$14.50 - I should have tried to the top of the range.

Network Engineer Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris IT Services in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial call from HR to schedule interview with management at the location and office I was applying to work at. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a technical interview conducted by lead engineers and of course the standard management questions - what type of person are you, leadership traints, etc.. Overall it was a great interview and left with a good understanding that I would get hired.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harris IT Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris IT Services interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harris IT Services employees and interview candidates.