Harris IT Services Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris IT Services in October 2010.

I was referred by a friend (who got a handsome bonus!) and went in to speak to the person who would become my boss. Shortly after, I went I. For a formal interview with the people who would become my coworkers and the supervisor of my boss. It was a formal-style interview, but the reality is that they just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit with the staff.

Interview Questions
    • I hate the, "please tell us something that you had to overcome" kinds of question, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question
    I had an offer from another company, which I didn't want to work for. I told them that I'd like to make the amount that the other company offered and they did. No questions asked.

Network Technician D Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Harris IT Services.

Once the process was actually started, things moved pretty fast. The technical interview was very good with questions that directly related to knowledge used on the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were one or two more advanced questions about BGP that have only recently been things that I've been exposed to.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services in May 2009.

A panel of team leads, IT and Engineering personnel conducted the interview. They began by asking my background experience and skills. They brought drawing samples and asked if I could navigate the drawings. Then they explained what they do at that location and what the salary was.

The team was very well mannered and professional and made me feel at ease during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    Because this was a federal contract position at Harris with the United States Post Office, negotian was not possible. Salaries and benefits are fixed under contract.

Network Associate A Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Harris IT Services.

Interview was somewhat grueling. I only did one interview until I got the position. During the interview, I received a lot of questions at the CCNA level and some at CCNP level. The majority of the questions were at layer 2 such as port security, STP, VTP, VLANs, switch fundamentals. At layer 3, TCP/IP fundamentals, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.

Please note I was already working for the company as Network technician. I had compete for the position in order to move up. There were about ten candidates that were interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done via email. I attempted to negotiate for a hire salary, but they wouldn't budge.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services in February 2009.

multiple interviews, to include work group and management chain; enables good understanding of culture and expectations, and even to test commute routes; typically one-on-one, so as not to be awkward; offer process a bit cumbersome

Interview Questions
    • can you translate acronym-laced technical-speak into plain langugage?   View Answer
    the commitment process was a bit cumbersome, as the offer package was slow to follow the verbal offer, likely due to in-depth background check requirements

Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris IT Services in April 2010.

I was called given an interview about a week after initial contact. The security representative took my paperwork and let me into their office. Afterwards, I met with 2 managers - one for system engineers and the other for server administrators.

The managers brought me into the conference room and asked me questions about the information on my resume, along with the typical questions (why are you leaving, what was your experience with x,y,z, do you mind being on-call?).

After simple straightforward questions, I was out the door in about 10 minutes. One of the easiest interviews I have ever done.

I was given an offer. After accepting, I gave my two week notice. Unfortunately, they failed to tell me that I would not be allowed to start working until my security clearance paperwork had been transferred over. So whether that took 1 day, or 1 year, I would have been out of a job, waiting for the transfer.

Interview Questions
    • None. All of the questions were simple, straightforward, and expected.   Answer Question
    I mentioned my current salary, and what I was looking for. I was offered a little bit more than what i was asking for.

Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Harris IT Services.

Consultant hire

They wouldn't negotiate

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris IT Services in December 2010.

It was all over the phone. At first I was very skeptical of the process- thought it was a scam. They didn't specify who we would be working for, only a start date and didn't give us a location until 2 days before we started. When speaking over the phone with them through the process, they asked technical questions like "Describe the size and shape of the end of a USB drive" or "What does a network cable (cat 5) look like?"

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple of questions they asked relating to Active Directory or things I had yet to experience in my field that I didn't know the answer to.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate. They offered 11.50 and I asked for 12.50 and got it.

IT Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris IT Services in November 2008.

I met with the Site Manager and his deputy. They were already familar with my skills and abilities. Questions centered around what my expectations were and how I would change certain areas that needed attention.

There was no negotiation because the offer was considerably more than I was currently earning.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Harris IT Services in January 2011.

Many calls from recruiter - one was a long call with a tech test he helped walked me through. Then big packets of paper work to fill out and send back. There were about six rounds of packets of paper work and scanning and e-mailing them back. Then the Project Manager came to town for an orientation.

Interview Questions
    I was ale to negotiate $14 because I had some experience - the pay range was $13-$14.50 - I should have tried to the top of the range.

Worked for Harris IT Services? Contribute to the Community!