Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris
- Software Engineer (16)
- Electrical Engineer I (5)
- Software Engineer III (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Network Engineer (3)
- Program Financial Analyst (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Intern (3)
- Information Security Systems Engineer (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Human Resources Generalist (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Help Desk (2)
- Business Development Manager (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Security Engineer (2)
- Sales Support (1)
- Customer Support Engineer (1)
- Engineering Intern (1)
- Communications Specialist (1)
- Network Associate A (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Quality Engineer I (1)
- Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Manufacturing Engineer II (1)
Information Security Systems Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).
I submitted my resume while in my final semester during my undergraduate program. I had a phone interview, followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 60 minutes and was what you would expect it to be - information about who you are, why you applied, what you hope to accomplish, your work values, work ethic, etc. After a couple weeks, I was notified an in-person interview would be set up. Travel arrangements were made and I was off to Melbourne.
The in-person interview lasted the majority of a day. It started with a quick introduction and more paperwork with HR. Each candidate had itineraries with roughly 6 different interviews scheduled throughout the day. Each interview consisted of a lot of the same questions and were fairly easy. After a full day of individual interviews, I was worn out.
- In my opinion, there were not any very difficult or unexpected questions. Most were very typical. Perhaps since I was a college grad, there were not a lot of work-related scenario questions. The most difficult were probably 'describe how you would overcome some of your professional weaknesses,' 'please describe your thought process when faced with a unknown problem,' or 'how do you react under pressure?' Answer Question
I received an offer, complete with relocation assistance. It included a higher than average salary, signing bonus, benefits, etc.
Other Interview Reviews for Harris
Information Security Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Harris in March 2011.
The first interview was a general one asking about leadership potential and further explanations on some points of my resume. The second interview was more technical; the interviewer asked me three questions. He asked if I was familiar with the Linux distro Backtrack, if I had experience looking at network traffic, and if I had experience defending services. Be confident, the process was not difficult.
- Have you had any experience defending services on a machine from attack? 1 Answer