Harris

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Information Security Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harris.

I submitted my resume while in my final semester during my undergraduate program. I had a phone interview, followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 60 minutes and was what you would expect it to be - information about who you are, why you applied, what you hope to accomplish, your work values, work ethic, etc. After a couple weeks, I was notified an in-person interview would be set up. Travel arrangements were made and I was off to Melbourne.

The in-person interview lasted the majority of a day. It started with a quick introduction and more paperwork with HR. Each candidate had itineraries with roughly 6 different interviews scheduled throughout the day. Each interview consisted of a lot of the same questions and were fairly easy. After a full day of individual interviews, I was worn out.

Interview Questions
  • In my opinion, there were not any very difficult or unexpected questions. Most were very typical. Perhaps since I was a college grad, there were not a lot of work-related scenario questions. The most difficult were probably 'describe how you would overcome some of your professional weaknesses,' 'please describe your thought process when faced with a unknown problem,' or 'how do you react under pressure?'   Answer Question
I received an offer, complete with relocation assistance. It included a higher than average salary, signing bonus, benefits, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris

Information Security Systems Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris in March 2011.

The first interview was a general one asking about leadership potential and further explanations on some points of my resume. The second interview was more technical; the interviewer asked me three questions. He asked if I was familiar with the Linux distro Backtrack, if I had experience looking at network traffic, and if I had experience defending services. Be confident, the process was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience defending services on a machine from attack?   View Answer