Harris

98 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Very focused and relevant. There were about 5 interviewers with varying levels of expertise. Some knew less than the interviewee. Most interviewers wanted to make sure there was a good attitude and fit - that is a good thing.

Interview Question – The question - "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Thought that was a bit old-school.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris in July 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview consisting of 10 interviews at one time. Able to spend 20-30 minutes per interviewer to discuss experience vs. expectations for various positions. The diversity of the interviewers were a little off putting as each had their own agenda and therefore, was difficult to switch from one set of questions to another in the quick two or three minutes we had to switch between interviewers.

Interview Question – Asked what the most difficult situation/problem has been over my previous career and how did I resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal interactions. Since it was a staffing rep, got the offer that was acceptable to the position that they wanted me in.

Network Planning Engineer Interview

Network Planning Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Had to fill out the application twice, which was kind of annoying - once online and then again on a PDF when they scheduled my interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three people and required that I give a presentation on a product that I know, but pretending that it is a Harris product. Technical questions were straightforward, but there were a lot of situational questions that required some pause. These included naming a time that I had a project that didn't go well and what I did, a project that went well and why it was successful, and finally - some questions about a time when I didn't agree with my boss and what I did. Be prepared for the normal "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "tell us about yourself" questions here.

Interview Question – Mostly the questions about situations when I agree/disagreed with my boss and what I did. I never really have memorable disagreements with management, so these were kind of tough for me to come up with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard for a good base salary and annual performance bonuses. Lately, annual salary increases are no greater than 1.5%, so don't rely upon that to get you where you should be for the year or to reflect the hard work you're putting in.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth and streamlined, long day but very detailed. A lot of forms to fill out. A lot of information to absorb all in one day. Person who facilitated orientation could not answer all the questions that were asked.

Interview Question – where are you from, are you married   View Answer

Negotiation Details – seamless

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Greenbelt, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked general questions on attitude towards work in a phone screen. In person, I was asked easy questions on C++ like what is the difference between stack and heap. I was not asked technical questions to back up any aspect of my experience except for the easy C++ questions.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was the easiest but I was pretty unprepared and answered wrong: "what is the difference between stack and heap"   View Answer

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Junior Embedded Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Got an interview call through career fair. Interviewed for the first round involving questions in C++ and C. Basic questions asked which were easy. Concentrated more on semaphores, mutexes, multi-threading programming and interrupts. Started with questions on resume and asked few programming questions.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Question – The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Submitted resume but HR did not forward to manager. Had to find contact in order to move forward.

Negotiation Details – blah blah

Technical Trainer II Interview

Technical Trainer II
Lynchburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online application followed by phone call interview followed by panel/multiple interviews on same day over 2hrs.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Electrical Engineer I

The process took a day - interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

Interview Details – First I got a phone call from one of the engineers as a basic interview. Which were your hardest classes, which were your easiest. What was the most difficult part of your project.

The next was an all day interview/ tour of their facilities. Fantastic! Started at head quarters then went to the other office that pertained to my hiring process. Met with the EM with a quick get to know you type interview. Then I took a tour with one of the engineers. I was able to see their labs. Next I went to lunch with another engineer and talked about some of the projects they worked on and what I've worked on.
When I got back I had a panel interview with four interviewers at once, it was not intimidating, very comfortable. Talked about my projects again, some of the challenges I've been through, looked at my transcripts, and why I chose that major.

Finally wrapped it up with the EM again and talked about my experience and how I felt on the process. Also, he talked about the way it would work after that. How I would hear back and what maybe to expect.

Interview Question – What is the most creative way you fixed a problem on a project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I believe there is, however I was satisfied with the offer.

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!