Harris

2.7

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Harris.

The "interviews" were basically them trying to convince you to come there. I was asked no technical questions, but everyone was nice. I had one on-campus interview, where they asked your standard group project, tell us about yourself questions. I got a call about an offer 2 weeks later with a salary lower than I expected. Also, 60 days after my interview, I still have not received my check for reimbursement of expenses on the interview trip.

Interview Questions
    • No questions other than stuff like "tell us about a group project where you had an issue with a group member" or "where do you see yourself in 5 years".   Answer Question

They took over 60 days to send a reimbursement check, which is very telling about a company. The salary was also lower than I was expecting.

Analyst Interview

Not overly difficult or taxing. Came in and interviewed with two different people for about 30 minutes each. Took about two weeks to hear back from them and then had to wait a while longer before starting.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

Very detailed and organized interviews. A wide variety of people participate in the interviews from one on one interviews to group/panel interviews. The interview process allows for not only the interviewers but also the interviewee to get a broad view of the company and people working for the company.

Quality Engineer I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

One phone interview, and one all day in-person. I had two group interviews. They usually take you to lunch but I had to leave early because of prior commitments.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in September 2014.

The in person interview was an all day affair.
    It started at 0830, meet the recruiter and getting an access badge, followed up with my first interview with a Lead Engineer.
     -- This interview was mostly technical in nature
    2nd interview was with an Application Engineer
     -- Again this interview was technical and included a tour of the campus.
    After the tour I met up with a Functional Manager
     -- This interview focused on professional and interpersonal skills
    The next interview was with an Operations Manager
     -- The interview was over lunch and covered technical and professional skills
    After lunch I meet up with a person from HR
     -- We discussed benefits and career progression
    The last interview ended at 1400 hours and was with an Applications Engineer from another division
     -- again, another technical driven interview
    Over all I liked the thoroughness of the process, but it wore me out.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question form the Functional Manager interview - Have you ever got yourself into a situation where you were in over your head? How did you overcome the problem?   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Harris.

Very focused and relevant. There were about 5 interviewers with varying levels of expertise. Some knew less than the interviewee. Most interviewers wanted to make sure there was a good attitude and fit - that is a good thing.

Interview Questions
    • The question - "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Thought that was a bit old-school.   Answer Question

Network Planning Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harris.

Had to fill out the application twice, which was kind of annoying - once online and then again on a PDF when they scheduled my interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three people and required that I give a presentation on a product that I know, but pretending that it is a Harris product. Technical questions were straightforward, but there were a lot of situational questions that required some pause. These included naming a time that I had a project that didn't go well and what I did, a project that went well and why it was successful, and finally - some questions about a time when I didn't agree with my boss and what I did. Be prepared for the normal "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "tell us about yourself" questions here.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly the questions about situations when I agree/disagreed with my boss and what I did. I never really have memorable disagreements with management, so these were kind of tough for me to come up with.   Answer Question
    Negotiate hard for a good base salary and annual performance bonuses. Lately, annual salary increases are no greater than 1.5%, so don't rely upon that to get you where you should be for the year or to reflect the hard work you're putting in.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in July 2014.

Interview spanned from 10AM until about 3PM. First met briefly with the hiring manager and discussed the job description and my background. Then I presented my vitae to a panel of about a dozen engineers. The tone of panel was good and questions allowed me to expand on my experience.

Afterward, met with a series of individual interviewers. The second interview was over lunch in the company cafeteria. Sessions lasted over half an hour each. Most questions were technical in nature of easy to moderate difficulty. One interviewer asked only behavioral interview questions. One of the senior engineers I met with was very knowledgeable and experienced but was not good at interviewing.

The last two persons I met with were security and HR. Those two were mostly a waste of time, but it was good to meet them in the case that I did accept an offer.

Many of the interviewers asked all of the taboo personal questions about family. This may have been just friendly but it wasted interview time and showed poor ethics for a company of its size and background. I got the vibe from one senior manager that he knew better.

It only took a week to get a response after the interview.

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harris.

Got an interview call through career fair. Interviewed for the first round involving questions in C++ and C. Basic questions asked which were easy. Concentrated more on semaphores, mutexes, multi-threading programming and interrupts. Started with questions on resume and asked few programming questions.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

Submitted resume but HR did not forward to manager. Had to find contact in order to move forward.

blah blah