Harris Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

4 stages of interviews. Stage 1 informal phone interview. Stage 2 formal phone interview. Stage 3 face to face panel interview. Stage 4 face to face with division head. Stage 3 was the most difficult part of the process. It is never easy responding to a panel of very bright people, all wanting to ask questions. For the first 20 minutes, it felt like a CIA interrogation, but thankfully, that wore off. Once I became comfortable in the setting, it went quite well.

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied to several jobs within this company and when I was informed that there was going to be a phone screen I immediately reviewed my applications and beefed up on the company. When the phone call came I was asked What can you tell me about yourself and how do you see yourself fitting in with this company? The recruiter never specified what job I was being screened for so it made it extremely difficult to tailor my answers to the specific job and was forced to speak in generalities, which in the end I believe was my downfall.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself and how do you see yourself fitting in with this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and about a month later was contacted for a phone interview, this was very simple, no technical just questions about favorite classes and some behavioral stuff. Was flown out to Melbourne in Florida for the in person interview, which lasted from 8 to 1:30, including lunch. Pretty easy for me, but a lot of questions about past group stuff, and though I was told there would be no technical questions, be prepared for some simple stuff, especially if you claim to know Unix at all. You will fist be given a schedule of whom you will meet with, the first generally being someone to tell you about how the secret clearance thing works. Then you will meet with 6 people from the team that you are interviewing with, again the technical questions were not standard, it appears that some of the engineers will take the initiative to ask you for their own benefit so your don't count on the questions I gave you to be standard or anything.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with sales director. Went well then met him in person. He offered me the job right there but said I should also need to talk to HR. HR director called me, nice call and it was very pleasant. But she decided she knew more about sales then the director and decided to never call me again or reply or follow up to any emails. Very unprofessional to offer someone a job then never follow up again.

Interview Questions

• Do you have public safety or land mobile radio experience.   1 Answer

ISSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview pre screen followed by an in person interview with 6 staff members. The pre screen was a thorough review of my resume and my pay experience and how I could apply it to the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would do day one, how my skills would benefit the company, how I would resolve a dispute with a coworker. Asked for clarification on several of my resume items   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee so I had a short phone screen after which they invited me for an onsite interview in Melbourne, FL. As is standard they covered all expenses for the trip (reimbursement came in a reasonable amount of time too). The interview process was not at all technical, it instead dealt almost exclusively with background and experiences. They seem much more concerned about having someone that will be able to fit in and work there than raw technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial campus screening with a 1 on 1 interview. After this interview, I was sent to interview at their facilities on site. The on site interviews consisted of 5 different people including security and hiring managers. Most questions were behavioral in nature

Interview Questions

• Describe information about team project experiences / roles taken   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview were more like desperate attempts to get you to come there. No technical questions. A lot of casual talk but really nothing challenging. Nice for a first interview because it is so easy. Also, it is a free trip to the beach.

Interview Questions

• Questions were like "Are you a leader or follower?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Do you work well in teams?"   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Final round interview was an all day interview with various (~9) members of the department. Prior to that was a 1:1 at university career fair. Some technical questions, lots of behavioral questions, and discussion of what sort of work they do. Very thorough tour of the facilities. Very professional process and all of the employees were great to talk to.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. There is not much else to say about. You are better off to go to another company. Harris is not the place to be. I have nothing else to say about this