Harris

Getting the Interview

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Knowing the right people at Harris can get you in the door without the formal interview process

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Engineer III Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with about five people in sequence, then taken to lunch.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult decision you have ever made, how you arrived at your choice and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with my over and did not negotiate.

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris in February 2010.

Interview Details – They say what they think you want to hear especially since they have so many hours to do so.

Interview Question – Did not really experience one.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Collected my resume at campus career fair, was contacted later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with two people, mostly technical and asking about questions on my resume and to elaborate on what was written.

Interview Question – not too difficult. Just know your resume, be able to talk about everything on it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Palm Bay, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Interview Question – Don't remember   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Technical Support Engineer II

Interviewed at Harris

Interview Details – Only one interview, for which I had to travel to the interview site at my own expense. It was with someone who was the head of the Technical Support teams, and consisted of about 25 people doing phone support for customers world-wide. I was later informed after returning to my home state that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Question – I don't recall, it was a long time ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation invoked in the process. Rather, I accepted the amount that was initially offered to me.

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Manufacturing Engineer II
Malabar, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

Interview Details – I met Michael Rogero at a career fair. he was great to talk to and seemed genuinely interested. Hes a big Gator fan!!!! He knew he was going to hire me before i even finished my on campus group interview.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no ability to negotiate, preferred schools get better starting salary

Senior Product Sales Specialist Interview

Dulles, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Interview Details – job description doesn't match real work; only did 1 in person interview after a initial phone interview

Interview Question – no surprises here....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer made and did not have any desire (them) to negotiate

Software Eng II Interview

Palm Bay, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – interviewed at school and then spent a complete day interviewing with 2 different groups

Interview Question – Can't remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate. Don't believe they negotiate with college grads

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by Harris employees and interview candidates.