Harris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with about five people in sequence, then taken to lunch.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult decision you have ever made, how you arrived at your choice and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with my over and did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris in February 2010.

Interview Details – They say what they think you want to hear especially since they have so many hours to do so.

Interview Question – Did not really experience one.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Collected my resume at campus career fair, was contacted later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with two people, mostly technical and asking about questions on my resume and to elaborate on what was written.

Interview Question – not too difficult. Just know your resume, be able to talk about everything on it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palm Bay, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Interview Question – Don't remember   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Technical Support Engineer II

Interviewed at Harris

Interview Details – Only one interview, for which I had to travel to the interview site at my own expense. It was with someone who was the head of the Technical Support teams, and consisted of about 25 people doing phone support for customers world-wide. I was later informed after returning to my home state that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Question – I don't recall, it was a long time ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation invoked in the process. Rather, I accepted the amount that was initially offered to me.

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Manufacturing Engineer II
Malabar, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

Interview Details – I met Michael Rogero at a career fair. he was great to talk to and seemed genuinely interested. Hes a big Gator fan!!!! He knew he was going to hire me before i even finished my on campus group interview.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no ability to negotiate, preferred schools get better starting salary

Senior Product Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Product Sales Specialist
Dulles, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Interview Details – job description doesn't match real work; only did 1 in person interview after a initial phone interview

Interview Question – no surprises here....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer made and did not have any desire (them) to negotiate

Software Eng II Interview

Software Eng II
Palm Bay, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – interviewed at school and then spent a complete day interviewing with 2 different groups

Interview Question – Can't remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate. Don't believe they negotiate with college grads

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Systems Integration/Test Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Question – No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Harris in January 2009.

Interview Details – This is for new hires out of college. Usually done over a day. Four to five interview in 30 minute sections. Interview setup uses Behavioral interview style. One or two of your interviewers are going to be technical interviews. All candidates are together in a two day event, where the first is just interviews for the morning, later is all events are to make candidates fall in love with the company.

For experience hires, is seperated and is done locally. Same format, four to five interviews 30 to 45 minutes each section.

Interview Question – For new hires is completly behavioral. The most challenging question was: What is the prototype design pattern and how to apply it to X example.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Harris