Harris Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in January 2010.

One phone interview, one in-plant interview. In plant interview was with a controller, two department leads, and the department manager. More time was spent listening than speaking (company trying to sell themselves). I was asked 4-5 questions related to my experience and education.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there were any difficult or trick questions.   Answer Question
    I was a new grad and happy to get the job and didn't negotiate, as there were more qualified candidates in a joint interview with me.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Harris.

Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Questions
    Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Knowing the right people at Harris can get you in the door without the formal interview process

no negotiation

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in March 2010.

Interview with about five people in sequence, then taken to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult decision you have ever made, how you arrived at your choice and the outcome.   Answer Question
    I was satisfied with my over and did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris in February 2010.

They say what they think you want to hear especially since they have so many hours to do so.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Collected my resume at campus career fair, was contacted later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with two people, mostly technical and asking about questions on my resume and to elaborate on what was written.

Interview Questions
    • not too difficult. Just know your resume, be able to talk about everything on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Only one interview, for which I had to travel to the interview site at my own expense. It was with someone who was the head of the Technical Support teams, and consisted of about 25 people doing phone support for customers world-wide. I was later informed after returning to my home state that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation invoked in the process. Rather, I accepted the amount that was initially offered to me.

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malabar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malabar, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

I met Michael Rogero at a career fair. he was great to talk to and seemed genuinely interested. Hes a big Gator fan!!!! He knew he was going to hire me before i even finished my on campus group interview.

Interview Questions
    no ability to negotiate, preferred schools get better starting salary

Senior Product Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

job description doesn't match real work; only did 1 in person interview after a initial phone interview

Interview Questions
    offer made and did not have any desire (them) to negotiate