Harris Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Got an interview call through career fair. Interviewed for the first round involving questions in C++ and C. Basic questions asked which were easy. Concentrated more on semaphores, mutexes, multi-threading programming and interrupts. Started with questions on resume and asked few programming questions.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Mason, OH).

Interview

Submitted resume but HR did not forward to manager. Had to find contact in order to move forward.

Negotiation

blah blah

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Once the process was actually started, things moved pretty fast. The technical interview was very good with questions that directly related to knowledge used on the job.

Interview Questions

• There were one or two more advanced questions about BGP that have only recently been things that I've been exposed to.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Knowing the right people at Harris can get you in the door without the formal interview process

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

Interview

First I got a phone call from one of the engineers as a basic interview. Which were your hardest classes, which were your easiest. What was the most difficult part of your project. The next was an all day interview/ tour of their facilities. Fantastic! Started at head quarters then went to the other office that pertained to my hiring process. Met with the EM with a quick get to know you type interview. Then I took a tour with one of the engineers. I was able to see their labs. Next I went to lunch with another engineer and talked about some of the projects they worked on and what I've worked on. When I got back I had a panel interview with four interviewers at once, it was not intimidating, very comfortable. Talked about my projects again, some of the challenges I've been through, looked at my transcripts, and why I chose that major. Finally wrapped it up with the EM again and talked about my experience and how I felt on the process. Also, he talked about the way it would work after that. How I would hear back and what maybe to expect.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative way you fixed a problem on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I believe there is, however I was satisfied with the offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

quick and easy, interviewer is a pro and can tell quite quickly if you qualify. I brought in all my documents to prove what I knew just in case I got messed up on a topic.

Interview Questions

• question directed related to the job, no trick questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

normal give and take process

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Collected my resume at campus career fair, was contacted later by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with two people, mostly technical and asking about questions on my resume and to elaborate on what was written.

Interview Questions

• not too difficult. Just know your resume, be able to talk about everything on it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris in March 2014.

Interview

Series of two phone interviews. Mainly behavioral questions, with a brief discussion of technical skills obtained through university classes/independent work. It was my first internship interview process and I felt quite at ease. Received offer letter within one week and accepted that day. Interning with Harris Corporation was a great experience during my undergraduate studies.