Harris Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Software Eng II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

interviewed at school and then spent a complete day interviewing with 2 different groups

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate. Don't believe they negotiate with college grads

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in December 2013.

I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
    It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harris in January 2009.

This is for new hires out of college. Usually done over a day. Four to five interview in 30 minute sections. Interview setup uses Behavioral interview style. One or two of your interviewers are going to be technical interviews. All candidates are together in a two day event, where the first is just interviews for the morning, later is all events are to make candidates fall in love with the company.

For experience hires, is seperated and is done locally. Same format, four to five interviews 30 to 45 minutes each section.

Interview Questions
    • For new hires is completly behavioral. The most challenging question was: What is the prototype design pattern and how to apply it to X example.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?
        View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Horrible interview process. I went to Rochester to interview for a position supposedly in Chelmsford, MA. I have no idea how the interview went because I can't get any response for the company HR department which is to tally unprofessional.

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Harris in August 2010.

Very detailed and positions day to day duties were spelled out very clearly. Turnaround time was great and the on boarding process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • A situational question about a time in the past when you had to work with a difficult supervisor and the results.   Answer Question
    Took initial offer

Security Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Harris.

HR department was exceptionally disorganized. The interview was easy but was carried out by a number of people with less experience and less senior positions than the position the interview was for.

Lowball offer followed by a counter. They came close to offering my counter.

Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Harris.

Phone Interview followed by 1 on 1 interviews with managers and staff. General Behavioral interview with a few basic technical questions. All in all, a good experience

Interview Questions
    Offer was based on market demand

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Harris in January 2009.

Received a response to a request for an interview while completing the last few terms of my computer science degree. The inteview went well. Several questions that covered software techniques and scenarios were asked. I received a response within a few weeks of the inteview and was extended an offer.

Sever Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in September 2013.

Apply online. Take a multiple choice math test, easy. Appointment for an interview, long wait. Basic easy questions. They'll give you a call if you're hired. If so, you have to pass a hair test and ta-da, you're in.

There wasn't one.