Harris Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Only one interview, for which I had to travel to the interview site at my own expense. It was with someone who was the head of the Technical Support teams, and consisted of about 25 people doing phone support for customers world-wide. I was later informed after returning to my home state that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation invoked in the process. Rather, I accepted the amount that was initially offered to me.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

I was contacted by an external recruiter. I had a short phone interview and then was flown in for a full interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and several members of the Sales Engineering Team. This interview process may have changed since I interviewed with CapRock before it was acquired by Harris.

Software Eng II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris.

interviewed at school and then spent a complete day interviewing with 2 different groups

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate. Don't believe they negotiate with college grads

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in December 2013.

I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
    It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Network Associate A Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harris.

Interview was somewhat grueling. I only did one interview until I got the position. During the interview, I received a lot of questions at the CCNA level and some at CCNP level. The majority of the questions were at layer 2 such as port security, STP, VTP, VLANs, switch fundamentals. At layer 3, TCP/IP fundamentals, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.

Please note I was already working for the company as Network technician. I had compete for the position in order to move up. There were about ten candidates that were interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done via email. I attempted to negotiate for a hire salary, but they wouldn't budge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?

View Answers (2)

Senior Product Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

job description doesn't match real work; only did 1 in person interview after a initial phone interview

Interview Questions
    offer made and did not have any desire (them) to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Horrible interview process. I went to Rochester to interview for a position supposedly in Chelmsford, MA. I have no idea how the interview went because I can't get any response for the company HR department which is to tally unprofessional.

Security Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harris.

HR department was exceptionally disorganized. The interview was easy but was carried out by a number of people with less experience and less senior positions than the position the interview was for.

Lowball offer followed by a counter. They came close to offering my counter.