Harris

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in December 2013.

I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
    It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Network Associate A Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harris.

Interview was somewhat grueling. I only did one interview until I got the position. During the interview, I received a lot of questions at the CCNA level and some at CCNP level. The majority of the questions were at layer 2 such as port security, STP, VTP, VLANs, switch fundamentals. At layer 3, TCP/IP fundamentals, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.

Please note I was already working for the company as Network technician. I had compete for the position in order to move up. There were about ten candidates that were interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done via email. I attempted to negotiate for a hire salary, but they wouldn't budge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?

View Answers (2)

Senior Product Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

job description doesn't match real work; only did 1 in person interview after a initial phone interview

Interview Questions
    offer made and did not have any desire (them) to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Horrible interview process. I went to Rochester to interview for a position supposedly in Chelmsford, MA. I have no idea how the interview went because I can't get any response for the company HR department which is to tally unprofessional.

Security Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Harris.

HR department was exceptionally disorganized. The interview was easy but was carried out by a number of people with less experience and less senior positions than the position the interview was for.

Lowball offer followed by a counter. They came close to offering my counter.

Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Harris.

Phone Interview followed by 1 on 1 interviews with managers and staff. General Behavioral interview with a few basic technical questions. All in all, a good experience

Interview Questions
    Offer was based on market demand

Sever Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris in September 2013.

Apply online. Take a multiple choice math test, easy. Appointment for an interview, long wait. Basic easy questions. They'll give you a call if you're hired. If so, you have to pass a hair test and ta-da, you're in.

There wasn't one.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris.

When I was brought in for the interview, there were three other people in the conference room; my supervisor and their immediates. They were pleasant and were interested in what I had to say. They were receptive and professional. I waited maybe one week to find out that I had been hired. After that, I went to the corporate office for new-employee introduction to the company. I was educated on the company, their mission and their expectations from me.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a difficult or unexpected question. Any question that was asked, I was typically trained to answer. At the very least, there was a resource available to answer the question in the case that I did not know.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations since I was a new employee with no experience nor college education. When I obtained my BA, they gave me a nice promotion and were ecstatic to do so,

Lead Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris in July 2013.

Met with 4 different people over 2 hours. No surprises in questions, mainly discussing my background and future goals. One of the easiest interviews I had been on.

Interview Questions
    • Since I don't have a background in manufacturing, the more difficult area was relating my experience to their needs.   Answer Question
    I was upfront with the salary requirements through the recruiter. Offered salary was higher than I had expected so there was no further negotiation