Harris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in October 2010.

Interview Details – You get 4 or 5 interviewers one at a time for about 45 minutes each. You get a lunch break. Whatever language you have on your resume, know some technical questions about it. Also, for the behavioral questions, try to use the STAR method to answer them. Some whiteboard coding questions may be asked, but nothing too hard. Be able to talk about your past internships and past school projects.

Interview Question – Write code to detect a loop in a linked list   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager
Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris in May 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews in one day. Organized and on time. The recruiter was good with follow up and keeping me in the loop for where they were in the process. If you are in HR you know how the interviewing process goes for us. Lots of assessment on fit, style, how you handle situations. Very behavioral based. Will interview with HR peers and client group leaders/members.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly the "tell me about a time when..." how you deal with conflict, what are your areas of expertise. Just show your personality so they can get to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. If there is, you go through the recruiter who has to get the ok from the hiring manager and HR Business Partner. You can't negotiate vacation time, PTO, etc. Note as of June 2013 they are slowly doing away with the 9/80 schedule. This was the main selling point.

Engineer Technician B Interview

Engineer Technician B

Interviewed at Harris

Interview Details – Came in as a contractor with prior military experience.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Harris

Interview Details – 4 managers interviewed me, and all were very nice to me.

Interview Question – How to apply your experience in Physics into this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Hiring Manager contacted to see if I was interested. Declined at first, but later agreed to on-site interview where I met the hiring manager and the extended team. Received offer the same day.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I accepted the offer as presented.

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with recruiting person, and then several comprehensive phone interviews with potential colleagues. They were all very pleasant to speak with. However, after the last phone interview, I never heard again from any one. I followed up with the recruiting person but never got a response.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult negotiation experience and how did you manage and resolve?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Malabar, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Harris in January 2013.

Interview Details – One of my friends that works for Harris emailed the hiring manager to recommend me, and I received a call from HR two days later. They scheduled an interview with me for a few weeks later.
This was the itinerary for my interview (9:15AM-4:30PM):
     Meet with HR (in Palm Bay)
     Palm Bay Tour
     Palm Bay Group Interview (with 3 Quality Managers)
     Lunch
     Malabar Tour
     Malabar Group Interview (with Hiring Manager and 2 Quality Engineers)
     Security
     HR (in Malabar)
     Wrap-Up (with Department Head)

Most of the questions I was asked revolved around my resume, and expanding on some of the key things that were on it. During the interview process they made me feel very comfortable the entire time.

Interview Questions

Systems Integration & Test Engineer Interview

Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Palm Bay, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially a quick impending interview took about 3 1/2 weeks to make happen. I was told that they read my resume and had created a position purposely to bring me in on, they actually created a position several levels below my skill level. It didn't work out.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty normal for the intended position. Just that the interviewers were taken aback that I was over qualified and seemed purplexed by the whole thing knowing something wasn't right.   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – I interviewed with about 5 or 6 individuals, most of which asked primarily behavioral questions. I received a call within a couple of days telling me I was going to receive and offer packet in mail soon.

Interview Question – Not very difficult, but I was asked about Java's equivalent to header files in C languages   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met through career fair at my school. Talked to one of the recruiters and got an email for an interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minutes interviews back to back, two engineers in each room. They asked mostly behavioral questions with some technical questions, nothing too hard. Most questions were about my projects and how'd i handled the challenges that occurred etc.

Interview Question – You have a string with duplicates. Whats the most efficient way to count the duplicates(how many times each one occurs)   Answer Question