Harris

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Engineer Technician B Interview

Came in as a contractor with prior military experience.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in April 2013.

Met at job fair, recruiters were very friendly. I felt like I got along with them. After we met, I interviewed that week. Then a couple of weeks went by until I heard the news that I was invited to corporate headquarters. Had multiple rounds there. Their facilities are state of the art, and growing. Seems like a good place to be if you like Melbourne, FL

Intern Interview

4 managers interviewed me, and all were very nice to me.

Interview Questions
    • How to apply your experience in Physics into this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris.

Hiring Manager contacted to see if I was interested. Declined at first, but later agreed to on-site interview where I met the hiring manager and the extended team. Received offer the same day.

No negotiation, I accepted the offer as presented.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Harris.

Consultant hire

They wouldn't negotiate

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harris.

Had phone interview with recruiting person, and then several comprehensive phone interviews with potential colleagues. They were all very pleasant to speak with. However, after the last phone interview, I never heard again from any one. I followed up with the recruiting person but never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult negotiation experience and how did you manage and resolve?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Harris.

I interviewed with about 5 or 6 individuals, most of which asked primarily behavioral questions. I received a call within a couple of days telling me I was going to receive and offer packet in mail soon.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, but I was asked about Java's equivalent to header files in C languages   View Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malabar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malabar, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Harris in January 2013.

One of my friends that works for Harris emailed the hiring manager to recommend me, and I received a call from HR two days later. They scheduled an interview with me for a few weeks later.
    This was the itinerary for my interview (9:15AM-4:30PM):
         Meet with HR (in Palm Bay)
         Palm Bay Tour
         Palm Bay Group Interview (with 3 Quality Managers)
         Lunch
         Malabar Tour
         Malabar Group Interview (with Hiring Manager and 2 Quality Engineers)
         Security
         HR (in Malabar)
         Wrap-Up (with Department Head)

Most of the questions I was asked revolved around my resume, and expanding on some of the key things that were on it. During the interview process they made me feel very comfortable the entire time.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Harris in January 2013.

Phone interview, then in person if the phone screen goes well. Usually you will be seen by a team of interviewers, from several different hiring departments where your resume fits what they might be looking for. You then go interview for several diffrent positions, not necesarrily the one you were expecting when you walked in.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing for positions I did not apply for.   View Answer

Technical Trainer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris in December 2012.

Online application followed by phone call interview followed by panel/multiple interviews on same day over 2hrs.