Harris Interview Questions

2.7

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Harris.

When I was brought in for the interview, there were three other people in the conference room; my supervisor and their immediates. They were pleasant and were interested in what I had to say. They were receptive and professional. I waited maybe one week to find out that I had been hired. After that, I went to the corporate office for new-employee introduction to the company. I was educated on the company, their mission and their expectations from me.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a difficult or unexpected question. Any question that was asked, I was typically trained to answer. At the very least, there was a resource available to answer the question in the case that I did not know.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations since I was a new employee with no experience nor college education. When I obtained my BA, they gave me a nice promotion and were ecstatic to do so,

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in April 2013.

Met at job fair, recruiters were very friendly. I felt like I got along with them. After we met, I interviewed that week. Then a couple of weeks went by until I heard the news that I was invited to corporate headquarters. Had multiple rounds there. Their facilities are state of the art, and growing. Seems like a good place to be if you like Melbourne, FL

Lead Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in July 2013.

Met with 4 different people over 2 hours. No surprises in questions, mainly discussing my background and future goals. One of the easiest interviews I had been on.

Interview Questions
    • Since I don't have a background in manufacturing, the more difficult area was relating my experience to their needs.   Answer Question
    I was upfront with the salary requirements through the recruiter. Offered salary was higher than I had expected so there was no further negotiation

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in October 2010.

You get 4 or 5 interviewers one at a time for about 45 minutes each. You get a lunch break. Whatever language you have on your resume, know some technical questions about it. Also, for the behavioral questions, try to use the STAR method to answer them. Some whiteboard coding questions may be asked, but nothing too hard. Be able to talk about your past internships and past school projects.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to detect a loop in a linked list   View Answer
    No negotiation

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris in May 2011.

Multiple interviews in one day. Organized and on time. The recruiter was good with follow up and keeping me in the loop for where they were in the process. If you are in HR you know how the interviewing process goes for us. Lots of assessment on fit, style, how you handle situations. Very behavioral based. Will interview with HR peers and client group leaders/members.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly the "tell me about a time when..." how you deal with conflict, what are your areas of expertise. Just show your personality so they can get to know you.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. If there is, you go through the recruiter who has to get the ok from the hiring manager and HR Business Partner. You can't negotiate vacation time, PTO, etc. Note as of June 2013 they are slowly doing away with the 9/80 schedule. This was the main selling point.

Engineer Technician B Interview

Came in as a contractor with prior military experience.

Intern Interview

4 managers interviewed me, and all were very nice to me.

Interview Questions
    • How to apply your experience in Physics into this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Hiring Manager contacted to see if I was interested. Declined at first, but later agreed to on-site interview where I met the hiring manager and the extended team. Received offer the same day.

No negotiation, I accepted the offer as presented.

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Harris.

Had phone interview with recruiting person, and then several comprehensive phone interviews with potential colleagues. They were all very pleasant to speak with. However, after the last phone interview, I never heard again from any one. I followed up with the recruiting person but never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult negotiation experience and how did you manage and resolve?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malabar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malabar, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Harris in January 2013.

One of my friends that works for Harris emailed the hiring manager to recommend me, and I received a call from HR two days later. They scheduled an interview with me for a few weeks later.
    This was the itinerary for my interview (9:15AM-4:30PM):
         Meet with HR (in Palm Bay)
         Palm Bay Tour
         Palm Bay Group Interview (with 3 Quality Managers)
         Lunch
         Malabar Tour
         Malabar Group Interview (with Hiring Manager and 2 Quality Engineers)
         Security
         HR (in Malabar)
         Wrap-Up (with Department Head)

Most of the questions I was asked revolved around my resume, and expanding on some of the key things that were on it. During the interview process they made me feel very comfortable the entire time.