Harris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lees Summit, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harris in January 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring for a Software Engineer I is done first by a college internship process.

Interview Question – Your given a complex database diagram, asked how to perform certain joins on the tables.
Then your told to find which SQL tables may have performance bottle necks due to the normalization scheme. You then suggest ways to de normalize the database.
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Lees Summit, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in May 2008.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview with the recruiter who briefly discussed the salary range and benifits. She then had me talk with the IT manager where he asked me about my background and informed me about the position and their current infrastructure. After that interview there was a panel interview with the IT manager and several other managers. This interview again consisted of technical questions as well as soft skill type questions. After this interview I had an interview with someone from HR who asked me a number of personality type questions. Finally the recruiter called me and informed me that they were sending me an offer packet. Each of these interviews occurred on separate days over a two week period.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because I already had another position and the salary that I was offered was not high enough for me to leave my current position. I was a bit upset at the end because I had informed the recruiter that I was not interested in an offer below a set amount. The recruiter had said that would not be an issue and we continued through a two week interview process that could have been avoided by addressing the salary issue up front.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris interview questions and advice in Lees Summit, MO. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Harris employees and interview candidates.