Harris

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth and streamlined, long day but very detailed. A lot of forms to fill out. A lot of information to absorb all in one day. Person who facilitated orientation could not answer all the questions that were asked.

Interview Question – where are you from, are you married   View Answer

Negotiation Details – seamless

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Question – The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Knowing the right people at Harris can get you in the door without the formal interview process

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Systems Integration/Test Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Question – No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Question – Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?
  View Answers (2)

Lead Auditor Interview

Lead Auditor
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in July 2013.

Interview Details – Met with 4 different people over 2 hours. No surprises in questions, mainly discussing my background and future goals. One of the easiest interviews I had been on.

Interview Question – Since I don't have a background in manufacturing, the more difficult area was relating my experience to their needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront with the salary requirements through the recruiter. Offered salary was higher than I had expected so there was no further negotiation

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in October 2010.

Interview Details – You get 4 or 5 interviewers one at a time for about 45 minutes each. You get a lunch break. Whatever language you have on your resume, know some technical questions about it. Also, for the behavioral questions, try to use the STAR method to answer them. Some whiteboard coding questions may be asked, but nothing too hard. Be able to talk about your past internships and past school projects.

Interview Question – Write code to detect a loop in a linked list   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – I interviewed with about 5 or 6 individuals, most of which asked primarily behavioral questions. I received a call within a couple of days telling me I was going to receive and offer packet in mail soon.

Interview Question – Not very difficult, but I was asked about Java's equivalent to header files in C languages   View Answer

Assmbler B Interview

Assmbler B
Melbourne, FL

I interviewed at Harris in May 2011.

Interview Details – after u apply by harris.com u never recieve any all or nothig, u need to apply by a contractor company (Yoh) and after one yea and a half u can work as a harris empleyer

Interview Question – tell me ur weekness   View Answer

Information Security Systems Engineer Interview

Information Security Systems Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume while in my final semester during my undergraduate program. I had a phone interview, followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 60 minutes and was what you would expect it to be - information about who you are, why you applied, what you hope to accomplish, your work values, work ethic, etc. After a couple weeks, I was notified an in-person interview would be set up. Travel arrangements were made and I was off to Melbourne.

The in-person interview lasted the majority of a day. It started with a quick introduction and more paperwork with HR. Each candidate had itineraries with roughly 6 different interviews scheduled throughout the day. Each interview consisted of a lot of the same questions and were fairly easy. After a full day of individual interviews, I was worn out.

Interview Question – In my opinion, there were not any very difficult or unexpected questions. Most were very typical. Perhaps since I was a college grad, there were not a lot of work-related scenario questions. The most difficult were probably 'describe how you would overcome some of your professional weaknesses,' 'please describe your thought process when faced with a unknown problem,' or 'how do you react under pressure?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an offer, complete with relocation assistance. It included a higher than average salary, signing bonus, benefits, etc.

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!