Harris Interview Questions in Melbourne, FL

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Harris in July 2010.

Panel interview consisting of 10 interviews at one time. Able to spend 20-30 minutes per interviewer to discuss experience vs. expectations for various positions. The diversity of the interviewers were a little off putting as each had their own agenda and therefore, was difficult to switch from one set of questions to another in the quick two or three minutes we had to switch between interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what the most difficult situation/problem has been over my previous career and how did I resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    Minimal interactions. Since it was a staffing rep, got the offer that was acceptable to the position that they wanted me in.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2010.

Smooth and streamlined, long day but very detailed. A lot of forms to fill out. A lot of information to absorb all in one day. Person who facilitated orientation could not answer all the questions that were asked.

seamless

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question
    Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Knowing the right people at Harris can get you in the door without the formal interview process

no negotiation

Systems Integration/Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Harris in December 2013.

I first met with a Harris recruiter from Mechanical Engineering dept at a College Career Fair in early October and had an initial screening interview. Several weeks later, I got a phone call out of the blue asking for a phone interview on the spot. I interviewed with about 4 engineers from the Systems Integration & Test department, for about an hour. It was easy and laid-back, and the guys seemed to like to talk a lot. Asked several questions like your favorite class, talk about senior design projects, why do you want to do systems integration, etc. I got a call a couple weeks later to come in for a site interview on December 17th.
    It was a half-day ordeal, with some miscommunication because there were different schedules between mine and some of the interviewers.It started with a breakdown of the company's benefits. Then spoke with security for 10 mins. Talked with engineering manager for 10 minutes, but he seemed a little scatter-brained and not too interested in spending too much time talking with me.Then a panel of 4 engineers in the department for an hour. They all showed up at different times, but it was easy and laid back. Similar questions to phone interview, and we talked about the area too. Then went to lunch with an engineer, who was nice and gave me a short tour of campus at the end, since the engineering manager wasn't back yet. Talked to HR last. I waited until after the holiday break to hear back. I was surprised to get a no since they went through so much. I didn't apply for a specific job, rather the department, so I'm not sure how they decide how many new grads to hire.

Interview Questions
    • No real surprises. All questions were subjective/personal. What is your ideal style of management? Do you prefer having several tasks at once or to work one at a time'?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?
        View Answers (2)

Lead Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris in July 2013.

Met with 4 different people over 2 hours. No surprises in questions, mainly discussing my background and future goals. One of the easiest interviews I had been on.

Interview Questions
    • Since I don't have a background in manufacturing, the more difficult area was relating my experience to their needs.   Answer Question
    I was upfront with the salary requirements through the recruiter. Offered salary was higher than I had expected so there was no further negotiation

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris in October 2010.

You get 4 or 5 interviewers one at a time for about 45 minutes each. You get a lunch break. Whatever language you have on your resume, know some technical questions about it. Also, for the behavioral questions, try to use the STAR method to answer them. Some whiteboard coding questions may be asked, but nothing too hard. Be able to talk about your past internships and past school projects.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to detect a loop in a linked list   View Answer
    No negotiation

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Harris.

I interviewed with about 5 or 6 individuals, most of which asked primarily behavioral questions. I received a call within a couple of days telling me I was going to receive and offer packet in mail soon.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, but I was asked about Java's equivalent to header files in C languages   View Answer

Assmbler B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

interviewed at Harris in May 2011.

after u apply by harris.com u never recieve any all or nothig, u need to apply by a contractor company (Yoh) and after one yea and a half u can work as a harris empleyer

Interview Questions

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!