Harris

Harris Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Harris.

Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Questions
Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris in April 2014.

I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question
    Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris.

Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2013.

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?

View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

HR initiated interest via email.
    Technical lead called for a phone screen
    Onsite with 4 engineers and 1 team manager and 1 HR rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Harris in November 2011.

Interviewed in Columbia for software engineer position. Consisted of four behavioral interviews and a lunch interview. Took a month and a half to hear any word from the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris in October 2011.

Interview was very straight forward. I got interviewed for the healthcare division (a growing one over there). Consisted with basically the same interview questions from a sheet. You get two of the programmers, one 2nd to the head, then the director.

I believe I messed up the last one with the director, because he asked something different the other three didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris in June 2011.

The interview questions are very simple, just some basic OOP and C++ concepts. Also asked for socket programming, GUI experience. Not hard, but they don't like to reply for the follow-up after interview.

Interview Questions
    • pro and cons between Linked List and Array   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris in April 2011.

I was trying to score an internship for the summer between my junior and senior year of college. I briefly talked with a campus recruiter and gave him my resume. About a week later I was informed that they were interested in doing a preliminary phone interview. We set up a date and time, and a few days later I got a call from a hiring manager.

We walked through my resume and he asked me what languages I was strongest in, and which classes I had the most trouble with. It was a very simple, non-technical interview. I was confident that it went well, and I received a call about a week later with an offer for the summer which I ended up accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Describe "project X" on resume. What role did you play?   Answer Question
    • What languages are you most comfortable with? What class was the hardest for you and why?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable for interns. Harris provided reimbursement for all relocation expenses and gave me a living stipend of $1,500.00 for the three months I would be there. Pay was $20.19/hr full-time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris in February 2010.

They say what they think you want to hear especially since they have so many hours to do so.