Harris

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Question – The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Harris in February 2010.

Interview Details – They say what they think you want to hear especially since they have so many hours to do so.

Interview Question – Did not really experience one.   Answer Question

Palm Bay, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Interview Question – Don't remember   View Answer

Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Question – Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?
  View Answers (2)

Software Engineer

I interviewed at Harris in January 2009.

Interview Details – Received a response to a request for an interview while completing the last few terms of my computer science degree. The inteview went well. Several questions that covered software techniques and scenarios were asked. I received a response within a few weeks of the inteview and was extended an offer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

Interviewed at Harris

Interview Details – HR initiated interest via email.
Technical lead called for a phone screen
Onsite with 4 engineers and 1 team manager and 1 HR rep.

Interview Question – What is priority inversion and how to resolve it.   Answer Question

Lees Summit, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Harris in January 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring for a Software Engineer I is done first by a college internship process.

Interview Question – Your given a complex database diagram, asked how to perform certain joins on the tables.
Then your told to find which SQL tables may have performance bottle necks due to the normalization scheme. You then suggest ways to de normalize the database.
  View Answer

Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Harris in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed in Columbia for software engineer position. Consisted of four behavioral interviews and a lunch interview. Took a month and a half to hear any word from the company.

Interview Questions

Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Harris in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward. I got interviewed for the healthcare division (a growing one over there). Consisted with basically the same interview questions from a sheet. You get two of the programmers, one 2nd to the head, then the director.

I believe I messed up the last one with the director, because he asked something different the other three didn't.

Interview Question – Describe a teamwork experience   Answer Question

Worked for Harris? Contribute to the Community!