Harris Teeter

Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.8

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

easy - went in and was hired the day of. had to go thru a drug test. had to do a bunch of online trainings after that which were pretty tiresome.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   View Answer
    Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2014.

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

Applied online in April. Got a phone interview mid-July. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 interview was nice, fairly casual, I believe the main point was to assess your ability to talk to customers without freezing up. I dressed casually, but not too formal. Immediately after the 1:1 interview, before I left, I was asked to take a drug test (just sit there for 5ish minutes with a swab on a stick in your mouth). Within a week, I was called and told my drug and background checks came back fine and was asked when I wanted to come in to fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly straightforward - Previous experience, Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation, very flexible scheduling made up for it in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

After about four (long and worrisome) weeks since I submitted my online application, I was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. They had an interview fair at a larger Harris Teeter in the area (not at the store where I was planning on working). All the applicants were dressed up and the people I saw being interviewed looked 16-25 years old. When an interviewer was ready, I sat down at a table across from him. He made me feel very comfortable and asked me about myself and my work experience. I went into a room to get a drug test and when I was done, they let me go and told me that I should be contacted in the next two weeks by my store manager. It was easy! Good luck. So far Harris Teeter is great! I'm excited to send the rest of my summer break working here.

Interview Questions
    • They only asked me the two things above... It was harder to speak in general about myself because I had no guidelines on what to say. It was very lax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2014.

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

I submitted online application through Harris Teeter website, and the supervisor called me in 2 days to set the interview date.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether I am attending college or not, how many hours i can work ( I said 25-30 hrs a week, and it was perfect for them), things I know about Harris Teeter, what made me to apply for this job at Harris Teeter .......

It was my first interview so I didn't know what to say to the questions. I read some interview answers before I went to interview, and it helped me a lot. Just google them :D Try to wear something formal but pretty. You don't have to suit up but anyway...

Answer Question

They offered me $7.50/hr, but I needed a lot more, so I quitted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

I do not remember exactly the questions but research a little about how the company got started as that seems to be important to some interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Dress properly (business casual is good enough)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in May 2013.

I applied, went in and spoke to the co-manager, and he told me he'd call me. (I didn't think he would though because I never get called!) I got a call a week and a half later.
    The interview was very laid back. It was my first interview, and it didn't feel like one; more like small talk. After I told him about myself he basically jumped right in and told me about harris teeter store policies and training, etc. I knew I got the job at that moment.
    This is my first job.

Interview Questions
    • Literally asked two questions:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work at harris teeter?

View Answer