Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

applied early in the morning and went in later that day (because i live really close) to ask on the status of my application. The manager interviewed me and hired me on the spot in the same day that i submitted the application. He told me he'd run my background and call me in for a drug test. I was hired on a saturday so I didn't hear back for about 11 days (took forever), and then I came in for a drug test and heard back within 3 days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on sunday called on tuesday interview on wednesday. The person who called me didnt interview me another girl did and she was nice. Still waiting to hear if i got the job. I feel that i did well and am sure i got the job it is also the weekend so j may not hear anything until monday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online and then went to the store two days later to talk to the manager. We scheduled an interview. He interview was extremely simple. They only asked me one question and that was it. My advice is to just be very friendly when greeting and talking to them.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

I went for a job fair, and it was a very good interview. The manager, Paul, was very kind and relatable. He helped me get over my nervousness and was easy to talk to. He was pretty quiet and left the door open, but other than that it was a great interview! Unlike other job interviews I have had, he seemed like he actually wanted me to work there. It was a very pleasant and easy experience! It seemed that instead of grilling me with questions that I feel I should have studied for, he wanted to evaluate my social skills. I really walked out of the room feeling confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a call about 2 days later. The woman who called asked me to explain my role at previous jobs, then invited me to come in for an interview the upcoming Monday.(3 days later) The day of my interview I wore causal business clothing. (slacks and a nice top) When I got there I sat with 2 other interviewees. After waiting for my name to be called, I was finally greeted by one of the hiring managers. During the interview I was asked "Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer?", "Define customer service", and "Why Harris Teeter?" We then went on to discuss my availability. I was then offered the job.I signed my job offer and background check forms, I also had to do a saliva drug test as well. (sitting there with a sponge under your tongue until the stick turns blue) I was told that I would receive a call back once everything came back. They called me about a week and a half later. I then started my online training(very long...but needed!) I originally applied for the overnight stock clerk position, but they thought being a cashier was a better fit for me, which I agree with.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, was offered $10.00

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

easy - went in and was hired the day of. had to go thru a drug test. had to do a bunch of online trainings after that which were pretty tiresome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

They called to set interview for 3 days away in FoxChase King St location. Interview had about 7 questions. Then I was told she liked me and was I willing to take a drug test. I said yes. She got out a mouth-swab and begin to test. Said will call back in 4-5 days if I passed along with the criminal background check. I got a call 1 week later with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Have you been in a situation where your co-workers where hostile and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked will I accept the rate of pay and the title of position and will I accept the hours they thought were best for me (ft/pt)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to the position of Cashier at a new store being built in Cary, NC. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I received an email inviting me to a job fair to interview for the position. Attended the job fair about 2 weeks later and interviewed with another Harris Teeter store manager. The interview was fairly short, I must say. The bulk of the interview was just talking about what would be happening in the next couple of months with the new store. After the interview, I took a drug test and signed for a background check, both of which would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Since this is my first job, most of the questions were about my availability, extracurricular activities, and just school in general   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Called for in store interview, if acceptable, must have background check and drug screen. Interviewer stated that if all went well, than an offer would be made that I could accept or decline. Interviewer stated that they had other interviews and the would choose the best qualified candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how are you trying to improve upon that weakness?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online in April. Got a phone interview mid-July. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. 1:1 interview was nice, fairly casual, I believe the main point was to assess your ability to talk to customers without freezing up. I dressed casually, but not too formal. Immediately after the 1:1 interview, before I left, I was asked to take a drug test (just sit there for 5ish minutes with a swab on a stick in your mouth). Within a week, I was called and told my drug and background checks came back fine and was asked when I wanted to come in to fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly straightforward - Previous experience, Why do you want to work at Harris Teeter, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very flexible scheduling made up for it in my opinion.