Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 9, 2015

1.6

MDP Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Matthews, NC).

Interview

Skype Panel Interview. It was simple. I was currently employed for the company at the time in a different position. My reputation and performance preceded myself. It seemed to be a formality interview. After completing the interview, I received a call and offer within an hour.

Third Shift Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied Online for the position, the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was with the co-manager of the store. IT was very calm and all my questions were answered. It didnt even feel like an interview. Having experience they offered me 8.75 i asked for 9.50 and they met my demand in the middle at 9.25. After the interview i took an oral drug test and was told I would get a call back in a few days for the results. The test came back negative and I started working 5 days after I took the test.

Interview Questions

• Q: What Was my intention for working 3rd shift. Q: Can I handle late long nights. Q: What experience do you have in the grocery store business   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me back two days after filling out online application, had an interview next day. She didn't even really interview me, it was weird. Just asked why I wanted to work there and my availability and if I wanted to do the job. Very simple. I wore khakis and a polo. She hired me the first interview and gave me a drug test right then and there.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up an interview time. Went in the next and talked with the department manager. Was very brief and to the point wanted to know prior experience. Also took a drug test immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your prior produce experience?   1 Answer

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was okay. The first initial interview didn't happen because the hiring manager didn't show up. Went through multiple managers at other stores to get an interview. After a week, I finally got an interview and was eventually hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was kind of shaky in the beginning, but then I was told what I'd be making and I was offered a set amount of hours.

Third Shift Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Put in an application online, About 4 weeks later I was called by the night manager for an interview. Friendly , very thorough, understanding willing to work with me. A time and date was quickly arranged and I met them on arranged day.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked besides the usual "Are you looking to advance?" Are you willing to work evenings , weekends, holidays etc. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took a drug test on the spot, followed by paperwork for a background check. About a week later I was called and offered $10 /hr and accepted, the manager was professional, very easy to talk to , think the rest of the company could learn a thing or two from him!

Unscan Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

If you are interested in a job at Harris teeter that is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• If you have children would working all shifts plus hoildays be a problem for you to work at Harris Teeter ?   Answer Question

Too much questions and I don"t want to part take in buying anything over the interent.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple, called a few days after applying, a interview was set up for that same day at 6. Went in talked to their HR manager in the first part(who asked the same questions all employers ask), then the manager came over and interviewed me as well. After this, about a week later I went in for the drug test on a saturday. About 2 weeks later I called and they told me to come in the next day for new hire stuff. Very simple and easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, nor did I want to, for a first time job(and I do count this as that) the offer was very generous considering minimum wage. (8 a hour)