Harris Teeter

1.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Third Shift Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2014.

Put in an application online, About 4 weeks later I was called by the night manager for an interview. Friendly , very thorough, understanding willing to work with me. A time and date was quickly arranged and I met them on arranged day.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked besides the usual "Are you looking to advance?" Are you willing to work evenings , weekends, holidays etc. etc.   Answer Question
    Took a drug test on the spot, followed by paperwork for a background check. About a week later I was called and offered $10 /hr and accepted, the manager was professional, very easy to talk to , think the rest of the company could learn a thing or two from him!

Unscan Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

If you are interested in a job at Harris teeter that is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • If you have children would working all shifts plus hoildays be a problem for you to work at Harris Teeter ?   Answer Question

Too much questions and I don"t want to part take in buying anything over the interent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2014.

It was a easy interview nothing hard just simple questions as in your availability and why your interested in working for Harris teeter... I was hired on the spot and I love it there

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my availability with them cause I have a son and still be able to get my 30 hrs

Fresh Foods Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2014.

I applied online, and then went to store and spoke to the Deli manager. I followed up with her a few days later, making sure she had both my first and last name, so she could "pull" my application. Interviewed first with the store manager, and later with the Deli manager. I was hired two weeks later, after they received the results of my background check and drug test.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2013.

Very simple, called a few days after applying, a interview was set up for that same day at 6. Went in talked to their HR manager in the first part(who asked the same questions all employers ask), then the manager came over and interviewed me as well. After this, about a week later I went in for the drug test on a saturday. About 2 weeks later I called and they told me to come in the next day for new hire stuff. Very simple and easy

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, nor did I want to, for a first time job(and I do count this as that) the offer was very generous considering minimum wage. (8 a hour)

Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2013.

Meet the assistant manager and take a drug test. You know immediately if you have the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in October 2012.

Applied online, got a call 2 days later scheduled interview, did drug test and was hired upon passing the test.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, you start at 7.50 an hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2012.

Applied online got interview 3 days later, got hired on the spot.

Starting at $7.50 an hr

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2012.

interview went quickly and asked many questions... why do you want to work here?
    tell me about yourself?, goals/school?,

Interview Questions
    • tell me about yourself?... I started thinking who am I? lol..   View Answer
    there is no negotiation.. take it or leave it

PT Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2011.

Went to speak with the Deli Manager after receiving an email that the store was hiring a P/T Decorator. Came back the next week to decorate two cakes. Was told they'd have to do a background check and drug test. OK.

Interview Questions
    Tried to pay me as a fresh food clerk instead of a decorator; was able to negotiate for a higher salary but still not in line with what a cake decorator is paid.