Harris Teeter Fresh Foods Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

1.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

The process took a long time, but I got the job.

Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview.

At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?"

I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter)

I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick.

That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2011.

They ask the same basic question many other companies ask.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions since I pretty much heard them all before.   View Answer
    I was simply told my start date and work hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2010.

Very simple, applied online, was called to come to interview, very friendly interview...was informed of job responsibilities, although not given the job I applied for. It helps to have been referenced by a good current employee, as in my case. I feel like that's a guaranteed way to get the job rather that 'cold applying' or something of that nature.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of this job?   View Answer

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

I applied online on the H.T website. A few weeks to a month later was called in to do an interview with one of the assistant store managers. Asked questions about my past and where in the store i could possibly work and where they needed the most help.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

easy interview they basically hired me on the spot they just said i need to take a drug test and back ground check and would basically be hired stupid irrelevant questions and thats about it