Harris Teeter Fresh Foods Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for Cashier but HR called and asked if I could do Fresh Foods instead. I met with the HR guy and then was supposed to be interviewed by Fresh Foods manager but she never called. Then I just got called back for oral drug testing after the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave my previous job (Sam's Club)? Describe the position you held there. Tell me about yourself. What was your best and worst experience in customer service and how you handled it. When are you available and are there any long periods of time you'll be gone. The rest was him describing the job to me.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me back two days after filling out online application, had an interview next day. She didn't even really interview me, it was weird. Just asked why I wanted to work there and my availability and if I wanted to do the job. Very simple. I wore khakis and a polo. She hired me the first interview and gave me a drug test right then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Mooresville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, when I went in I spoke with a store manager, they took me to an open office upstairs and talked about my experience. I wore jeans and a t-shirt because I knew someone who worked there and they didnt seem to mind. The managers are more focused on your people skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied for another position and declined because the pay rate was too low for my experience level. I had a great interview with the other store but it was during a job fair which for some is intimidating. I forgot I applied for other postions but didn't expect to get a call back for any so soon. A week later I got a call for another postions. I got a call sun and interviewed 3 hours later. Got a job offer this morning. The interview was very relaxed and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview

The process took a long time, but I got the job. Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview. At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?" I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter) I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick. That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

Negotiation

There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

Apply online and take a personality test. When you get a call, go to the store and discuss the job being offered. Talk about responsibilities, benefits, wage, hours. It's important to be there on time, because if it was a busy day, there won't be an interview. Managers are constantly working and wasting their time would delay employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wilmington, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

Easy interview process, little pressure and the position was made plain. Opportunities for advancement were inflated, however. They were upfront about the duties, and very informative on the position, what qualities they were looking for in an employee, but spoke very little on the demands that they would later make.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience in customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview took only 15 minutes. Basically i talked with the store manager and i asked him if there are any positions available. He just asked me when i could start and such.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Harris teeter ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

They ask the same basic question many other companies ask.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions since I pretty much heard them all before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was simply told my start date and work hours.