Harris Teeter

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Fresh Foods Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took a long time, but I got the job.

Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview.

At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?"

I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter)

I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick.

That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

Negotiation Details – There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Harris Teeter in February 2011.

Interview Details – They ask the same basic question many other companies ask.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions since I pretty much heard them all before.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was simply told my start date and work hours.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Harris Teeter

Interview Details – I applied online on the H.T website. A few weeks to a month later was called in to do an interview with one of the assistant store managers. Asked questions about my past and where in the store i could possibly work and where they needed the most help.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at harris teeter   Answer Question

Fresh Foods Clerk

The process took a day - interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2010.

Interview Details – easy interview they basically hired me on the spot they just said i need to take a drug test and back ground check and would basically be hired stupid irrelevant questions and thats about it

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!