Harris Teeter Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

1.6

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA).

Interview

Applied online at snag a job and had an interview less than a week later. They did not tell me it was a job fair type deal. They pulled everyone back one by one and you spoke to the manager directly. They ask a lot of problem solving and personality questions. They drug test you with a swab under your tongue the same day and call you in a week with your results from that and the background check and you begin training within the week.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about problem solving a lot. What Harris Teeter wants to hear is that you're competent enough to figure things out on your own. Make good decisions. This is because customer service basically ignores you when anything goes wrong at your register and you just make your own decision. Harris Teeter "trusts you to make the right decision for the company" they say. The manager will also ask you a lot of questions pertaining to personality. They want someone who loves interacting with other people and is outgoing and happy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter (Rocky Mount, NC).

Interview

One interview, process in total took about 2-3 weeks for interview, drug test and background check. No over the top questions, just the basics. It was a pretty straight forward process, only real problem were the test after actually being hired, they're actually quite difficult but if you have a good memory you'll be fine. if u can in your interview ask about training and if it's okay to take notes while watching the videos

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

It took three weeks all the process took 4 weeks. Applied on line then received confirmation email from Harris teeter human resource Telling me that they received my application and is being reviewed . Two weeks later they called me for face to face interview.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was okay. The first initial interview didn't happen because the hiring manager didn't show up. Went through multiple managers at other stores to get an interview. After a week, I finally got an interview and was eventually hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was kind of shaky in the beginning, but then I was told what I'd be making and I was offered a set amount of hours.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I started my application process online and then had to wait about 2 weeks for anyone to contact me. I was scheduled to have a phone interview but when the guy called me, he said he wanted me to come in for a face-to-face interview instead. The interview lasted about 2 minutes. I had prepared for the worst and was surprised that they didn't ask me...well, anything! They just asked what position I was applying for and then told me I was hired. I guess they are really desperate for employees at the moment. I had to take a drug test and then wait for the results to come back. They told me it would only take a week. It took 2 weeks. I started my onboarding and training. I am currently doing my hands-on training and can't believe how thorough the training is. I thought I was applying to an easy part time job and now I've been stuck doing this intense training program for over a week (I go in 5 days a week for at least 4 hours!!) It's been stressful, but I hope it's worth it. I do have to say the people I am working with and the people in charge of my interview(s) are absolutely amazing! They've truly made me feel like a part of the Harris Teeter family!

Interview Questions

• Like I said...they didn't ask me anything apart from what job I was applying for and a little bit about where I'm from (I'm not originally from NC)   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. You go in a room with a group of selected individuals and you answer as series of questions. Some questions were serious, others weren't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview two days later. The interview was very relaxed, the questions were easy, but still dress formally. After a background check and a drug test, five days later I started my training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have no previous job experience, you have little room to negotiate. Pay will most likely be above minimum wage.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Generic interview asking about what I was looking for in a part time job and why I would make a good employee.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Burlington, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was short and too the point.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Harris Teeter (Mooresville, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was not bad. I went in a couple of times, and spoke to two different people, I believe, neither of whom are there any longer. Each time I went in, I had to wait a little while for the person I was interviewing with, but it wasn't big deal.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions. They just want to make sure that you are customer service-minded.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation? Ha! What's that. "The job pays 7.75/hour.Take it or leave it."